Can't remove certain quests from my quest log

tigrina

1. The Hunt

One of the most annoying varieties of this bug is the first chapter of KoTFE, which can be picked up endlessly from your ship, even if you've done it a hundred times already. If you do so accidentally, the only way to ever get rid of it again is to do the whole thing. It is triple annoying as it triggers a bug in an unrelated chapter.

2. Facing the Machines of War

One other is on Iokath, and an Operation quest. As I'll never be able to do it, I need to be able to get rid of this quest. Twenty-five quest slots aren't enough to have rogue quests hanging around like this.

3. Any and all 'Alliance Alert's

I'd also like to be able to forever declining several of the KotFE potential companion quests. I know I can skip them and even remove them from my quest log, but that only means my quest log will forever flash 'alliance alerts' at me and it is distracting. I did them once, I'm not doing them all on my alts.

While I'm here; stop flashing the Galaxy Map at me as I have never seen it before. Especially on new characters it's bloody annoying that I have a flashing planet logo in my view at all times during two full planets of quests. Just remove it already.

Edited by tigrina

Alliance alerts aren't in your mission log unless you activate them, and if you do that, well, it's your fault. Do "To Find a Findsman" and leave the menu icon flashing. It's not like it's large.

I have no idea what you're talking about for the galaxy map. I only see the galaxy map if I ask to see it. Or are you talking about the menu icon again?

EDIT: and *of course* you can do the Op. Find a guild, and explain that you would like to do the Op. Tell them you're new at Ops, and that you would like to do this one. (Also: try your hand at Ops beforehand: look for a group doing KP - Karraga's Palace - or EV - Eternity Vault, two of the most basic Ops. Again, explain that you are new to Ops and that you don't know how their mechanics work.)

Edited by SteveTheCynic

• 9 months later...

This unfortunately is not a bug, but I hate with a passion not being able to abandon a quest. Even more so a quest that I can do at any time by pulling it off my list.

What I have gotten to hate is the auto granting of missions just because I finished chapter three. If I want to do Ilum I would do it, but most of the time I don't. If I skip everything and Only have Ossus to do then everything else should be abandoned period. Why the hell do I have Shroud of memory when I don't have Arma Rasa? I do not accept it period just like I didn't accept Machines of War thinking I couldn't drop it.

Can we get a destroy quest button no matter what the quest is??? with three warnings asking if we really want to do this? The only quests that you should not be able to abandon is chapter one, two and, three. Oh wait you can by skipping to Kotfe, Kotet, or Ossus.