bots hacks and cheats killing pvp

akcac

Actually, it is a hack. Look closely next time before you comment. only one player is moving faster then they should. It is not an exploit

You should take your own advice. My response was to the guy who was commenting about using AE abilities to hit players on the other side of the force fields in VoidStar as a clever use of game mechanics. It's not related to that YouTube video of the player who was speed hacking in Huttball.

Edited by Mournblood

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a relative newb so I'm not always sure when I see something strange that it's cheating or a bug or some event I just don't understand or know about. But I frequently see players just vanish when they get in trouble during PvP and no kill is credited. I 've wondered if they were teleporting away.

The other day while playing Huttball I saw a player *in the Pit* before the game had started. Talk about being too obvious.

Edited by trakmiro
spelling

The other day while playing Huttball I saw a player *in the Pit* before the game had started. Talk about being too obvious.

Currently, there is a bug that make people appear in the middle of the Pit when they're joining the Warzone. (Before to be set back in the sort of Locker-room behind the respawn)

Edited by Altheran

My shadow is kinetic and level 47. Do you play on The Bastion? I'd be careful about paranoia.

It's an unfair tactic and should be fixed (like jumping over the gap in VS, which was fixed), but they are just using what's available to them. Exploits are more serious than that, like planting from inside the wall or abusing the old Voidstar ramp. Where something is clearly going wrong. Placing an AoE doesn't qualify on that level.

Edit: Nice try editing out your accusation.

From Wiki: An exploit, in video games, is the use of a bug or glitches, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers

So yes, i thinik it would be considered an exploit unless you mean to tell me that the devs intended that kind of usage...

Its easy to see if hack is going on,but not allwayse easy to se who hacks. An eksampel in huttball. After 12 minnuts of play there where no goals on either side. Suddenley the other side score 5 goals in 1 minnut an win the game. I dident see who hacked ore how but i am pretty shure there was foul play. If there where so good then would have scored all the time. Its a hack when you a attack a player and the still can run but you can only walk, because we cant run if attacked ore under attack, and i dont talk about speed buff just normal running.

well the title says it all when is biowear going to stop this from going on ?and if they want the players to report these cheats then they should change the reporting method so you dont get kicked from your wz every time you try to ticket some cheat.

there is only about 5% of swtors comunity that hack about 30% that abuse bugs/exploits the rest are just flavor of the month abusers that just use overpowerd class's/specs to get a better advantage or because they are bad and want it easy mode.

this is true btw.

That is just you being a noob.

Since he is the attacker, as soon as the previous doors dropped, he was killed. Since the doors are now down, he spawns AHEAD OF YOU in the final room, jumped down, and started planting. Some players even seek death as soon as they see their team has planted a bomb, and then just hold off on pressing the "Release" button until the door drops for a free teleport ahead of you.

Oops, I just gave away my secret strategy.

Explain this one then... VS. Attackers *just* drop first door. Charging down to prevent Attackers from dropping shields, bridge, second door. Start attacking mobs, get report from WZ NPC that attackers have just downloaded the intel, WZ over.

Edited by reyvinnyte

Well Rev, if it was the second round and they got the first door quicker than you, then the game ends with the "attackers got the data" sound bite.

7 months, 2 servers later, I still haven't seen any hacks. I'm not saying they're not out there, but all the videos I've seen are from the first months of the game. It seems to me that BW is, in fact, doing something about cheaters when they are reported, considering that the amount of "hacks" posts is much lower these days. The ones that do pop up are filled with people mistaking actual abilities or known bugs. (most of the old posts were the same, but for arguments sake let's talk about the current situation)

Report if you feel like there's shenanigans afoot, but please do some research/ dig through the combat log before you fly off the handle. If they are actually cheating, BW does ban them; just don't be surprised when your told (for example) that Predation is not "speed hacking." (etc etc)

-Hedley Melange <Physics>, Dreshdae-->The Shadowlands-

• 2 months later...

I have to admit, recently I've started having suspicions about bots. In a couple of games especially involving the 3 turrets, not novare coast the other one.

There were a couple of players together which seemed to just not have ping whatsoever. The reaction time just wasn't human.

Naturally I don't like to lose. And I'm pretty sure I know the difference between a professional and an automatic response system.

I have to admit, recently I've started having suspicions about bots. In a couple of games especially involving the 3 turrets, not novare coast the other one.

There were a couple of players together which seemed to just not have ping whatsoever. The reaction time just wasn't human.

Naturally I don't like to lose. And I'm pretty sure I know the difference between a professional and an automatic response system.

/facepalm you need to realize that people are just better than you,

as an example of what MLG level players are at reaction speed wise., also APM = actions per minute

Best advice is that whenever you see something fishy, report, report, report.

Let Bioware sort them out.

as an example of what MLG level players are at reaction speed wise., also APM = actions per minute

This isn't StarCraft...

Furthermore, I think it's funny/suspect when players say that there are no hackers on <insert server name>, full stop. Unless they're GMs or devs, it's impossible for them to be so definitive. On top of that, I've known of players getting banned on my server.

Most of what I thought was people hacking/exploiting initially was just lag. The Hero engine is pretty awful, and you'd think an engine for an MMO would have better net-code optimized for PvP combat. A lot of my abilities (especially roots/stuns) need to be timed and activated half a second early in order for me to actually stop someone in a firepit in huttball, for example.

The devs don't exactly inspire confidence here. If they can't provide an even playing field for everyone, then there's simply no point in playing PvP.

I have still never seen a cheater and I play this game far too much. Please at least try and use your brain.

Same. The only time I suspected it was one match in which I got the dreaded "stuck in prone position" bug three times. But that's happened elsewhere and I really think it's more likely to be a bug.

and you need to accept the fact that not all peaple play fair. in face i've seen this happen too the peaple that can't play a fair game resort bot programs and hacks. Thats a fact you'll have to live with.

and you need to accept the fact that not all peaple play fair. in face i've seen this happen too the peaple that can't play a fair game resort bot programs and hacks. Thats a fact you'll have to live with.

Only it isn't a "fact".

It's your claim unsupported by evidence. That's "hearsay".

Only it isn't a "fact".

It's your claim unsupported by evidence. That's "hearsay".

In that case, your argument is just as faulty. So because YOU haven't seen someone cheat/hack/exploit means that no one has ever done so? Right.. because you're the authority on these sorts of things. Maybe if your font color was yellow or whatever the BW posts are, then you'd have some authority.

But hey, you don't have to believe me. Just go on youtube and look for yourself, there are plenty of examples of people using hacks in PvP, and plenty of instances where players have gotten banned for using said exploits/hacks.

To all of those people who accuse those who are relating cheating episodes as trying to cover for their inability to play I have data. I was in a WZ match last week, suddenly one group left as a bunch because they were getting beat in Huttball and four came in all the same guild. My meter on my line started going nuts, I was seeing huge lag spikes and data spikes coming up the line which my filter was stopping however the game was lagging out and these toons were popping in and out of view. I had one down to 17% health they popped out of view and showed back up at full health. I took all of it down and turned the players into Bioware at the same time I informed Bioware that I was doing a denial of service complaint both to my ISP and to the FCC.

Since the FCC has come back for two requests for more data I think whoever was doing this is going to bite off a lot more than a Bioware Ban. So yes I have proof that cheats are happening, however a lot of time since the last two patches it has just been the lag from hades that is coming from Bioware Servers that are disrupting everyone.

That one episode was one of only three times in this game that I have seen variations of hacks being used in PvP in this game. Saw a couple of whole guilds catch the ban hammer in WoW and they were using a variation of what I caught in SWTOR we called it the lag cheat and it involves feeding huge data packets into the servers trying to slow everyone but your game down. One way to catch it if you do not have a metered filter on your line is to watch the game clock if it is doing jumps then someone is playing a hack on the WZ report them.

... plenty of instances where players have gotten banned for using said exploits/hacks.

I think this is what people tend to neglect in these threads. Now, I would argue that the number of cheaters (especially in the months since 1.2) is insignificant enough that many people (like me) have never had to deal with them. The important thing, though, is that those few who do resort to cheating are punished in a timely fashion.

Out of curiosity, I did a search for "swtor cheating bans". One of the first links that popped up was a forum for hacks and such. Within, there were many posters talking about getting banned for cheating. What was especially telling, though, was that manyof these cheaters weren't using obvious speed hacks in pvp, but had used bots to run space missions. (there were also your run-of-the-mill pvp cheaters complaining about getting banned, too)

So, not only does BW catch what few pvp cheaters pop up, they also catch cheaters that are never observed by other players. If you think someone is cheating and report them, they will get banned IF they are actually cheating. The problem is that in many of these threads, there are people who simply don't understand how all the classes and specs work. These people file erroneous reports without checking their combat logs or doing any research / testing to see if what they experienced was actually a legitimate ability or a common bug. They then come to the forums to vent, and nothing constructive is accomplished.

If you're not going to take the time to check your facts before reporting someone, please be smart enough to at least be discreet about your possibly frivolous reporting. Just suck it up and acknowledge the possibility that you were simply outplayed. If the person you reported was hacking, they will be punished. If not, re-read two sentences back.

Edited by Sock_Bramson

If you wanna be really stylish, wear some Rare-wear, aka a red tie and a gorilla suit; accessorize with bananas.

edit: This post will make no sense unless you go to the end of page 17. Even then, it will only make marginal sense.

Edited by Sock_Bramson

Haven't seen a speedhacker in a long time. Though I have no idea what is attributed to hacking or just plain garbage coding, in Huttball people still drop through the catwalks into the pit, and my force leap puts me down there with them, they shake a little and then they are back on the upper catwalk, if they were never down there, why did my leap put me there with them? Hmmm...I guess my post is just full of random gibberish and my own thoughts typed out. lol ignore. Edited by Devilk

Haven't seen a speedhacker in a long time. Though I have no idea what is attributed to hacking or just plain garbage coding, in Huttball people still drop through the catwalks into the pit, and my force leap puts me down there with them, they shake a little and then they are back on the upper catwalk, if they were never down there, why did my leap put me there with them? Hmmm...I guess my post is just full of random gibberish and my own thoughts typed out. lol ignore.

I just saw a couple of them a few minutes ago, in two separate matches (one in Huttball and the other in NC). They were moving incredibly fast the entire time, and had the tell-tale shimmer/blinking toon phenomena. I couldn't even target them. Very frustrating, and so I just gave up to check the forums. The devs really need to do something about this, or else more people will eventually leave PVP and the game altogether.

In that case, your argument is just as faulty. So because YOU haven't seen someone cheat/hack/exploit means that no one has ever done so?

I've probably done over 2000 warzones without seeing hacking. That makes me think it's pretty rare. I definitely don't think it's rife. If it was I'd have seen it. It isn't. I have seen the occasional bug, and experienced them myself (i.e. stealthed with ball in huttball - not something I engineered, just happened once).

Right.. because you're the authority on these sorts of things. Maybe if your font color was yellow or whatever the BW posts are, then you'd have some authority.

But hey, you don't have to believe me. Just go on youtube and look for yourself, there are plenty of examples of people using hacks in PvP, and plenty of instances where players have gotten banned for using said exploits/hacks.

There are plenty of people who will claim they can sell you hacks, because they want stupid people's money, and there are some vids dated back in Jan/early Feb latest (after which Bioware fixed the speedhack). Google results aren't evidence for heaven's sake. I notice you didn't say you had any videos of this widespread hacking yourself. Because that would be interesting.

If you don't, you're simply parroting baseless rumours, and I call it that because my own extensive experience tells me otherwise.

Edited by Wainamoinen