Character Transfers Offline

TaitWatson

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least we know when we can move things now. I mean, you know stuff is bad when people would rather be on Ebon Hawk over Pot5.. And I am not talking about myself :p

Given the current status of POT5, BW should be offering free transfers off that server...

Why did I choose to transfer character now. It's been down for days!!

I'll answer this one.

Because.... when one decides to transfer a character, one normally doesn't run to the forums to make sure all is Okey Dokey.

We just get the CCs and go to our NON-forum "MySWTOR" page, to begin the process.

Then we see the greyed out message.

It's not like the toon transfer service goes down often. Thus, many of us don't think to Check first.

However, *turns gaze toward Bioware* a Notice, ON the Store page somewhere, About transfers being down, might be a wise and Responsible notion. So we don't Waste our money on coins for transfers, while You decide to have a little Outage at the office.

Just a suggestion....

o.O

Perhaps a refund is in order?

Or a buy one transfer, get one free deal?

Or a bonus cartel coin deposit?

Something other than ignoring us?

Just another suggestion...

1800ccs isn't all that much. It's around $15 which is around the same amount as WoW & there was no FTP option in that game. lol Server transfers aren't cheap.

Pay to me for my 16 toons then. HAHAHAH cheers.

Hey, what about refreshing us with new information? I need to start some transfers and this is making me boring because we have no idea when its going back....

Pay to me for my 16 toons then. HAHAHAH cheers.

Hey, what about refreshing us with new information? I need to start some transfers and this is making me boring because we have no idea when its going back....

lol I wasn't saying it was feasible for everyone just stating it's cheaper in this game than WoW! lol

As for new info, good luck. I think Tait has said all he's going to say on this till next Tues. :(

lol I wasn't saying it was feasible for everyone just stating it's cheaper in this game than WoW! lol

As for new info, good luck. I think Tait has said all he's going to say on this till next Tues. :(

Next Tues only? Ohhh my... I need that transfers I saved money for months to grab all my tons to new server, I need it now damm.

Can't wait! I need that there are OPS with my new guild scheduled =(

Just wanted to check if there has been any replies in any news or other thread post if they are going to get Transfers up and running again? Been waiting for more than a week now and would like to join my friends on another server soon.

Just wanted to check if there has been any replies in any news or other thread post if they are going to get Transfers up and running again? Been waiting for more than a week now and would like to join my friends on another server soon.

This was the last reply we've got on this:

Hey all,

I see a number of questions about this, so wanted to let you know that the Character Transfer service will be available again with 3.2.1.

Thanks!

Got answer from tech support. they informed me char tranfs will be back on line by the 27th.

Hmm interesting, seeing as when I asked they told me to just check the website, forums, dev tracker, & twitter...

Troll maybe?? :rolleyes:

Hmm interesting, seeing as when I asked they told me to just check the website, forums, dev tracker, & twitter...

Troll maybe?? :rolleyes:

Im not trolling just passing along the info I was given. If you believe or not thats your problem.

Edited by JPOSR

Got answer from tech support. they informed me char tranfs will be back on line by the 27th.

Are you serious what in gods name are they doing? All i wanna do is play with my Friends but their on a different server and I can't make characters over there yet since my Legacy is on the different server. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hey all,

I see a number of questions about this, so wanted to let you know that the Character Transfer service will be available again with 3.2.1.

Thanks![/quote

Just read the comments to find out when transfer will be back.

just for a noob which never made an servertransfer....

if i make a transfer....

do i get my inventory and my credits too or just my char with legacy?

i readed some threads about it but still not sure....

thx 4 response :o

if i make a transfer....

I'm sure your inventory and credits go with you.

Not sure about cargo or legacy storage though.

Still not up? seriously? I've been waiting to transfer my legacy for over a week, "temporary maintenance" was expected 4 hours - 12 hours. But then i guess we all have our own meaning of "give me a minute".

if i make a transfer....

Your character your transferring over will go with it's legacy & all legacy unlocks. If you have a toon on the server you transfer too, which ever legacy is highest it will take over, but the name on the new server, if you have one, will be that legacy name.

Character cargo hold will go and any credits you want to take with it that you put on that toon.

So if you are starting over on a new server you might want to carry over with you a LOT of credits & any items you want to carry, e.g. crafting mats, legacy bound items, gear, etc...

Legacy Cargo Hold will NOT be transferred.

Do NOT have anything for sale on the GTN nor anything in your mailbox when you transfer as that will not go with you. You will lose it & CS will not restore it for you.