Give me back my Dashade!

NeroTethras

I've let you guys get a way with a lot of ****, but you don't get to replace my dashade with this complete and utter hack. You're seriously giving me a companion who got bested by a box!?

My dashade was the trusted assassin of Tulak Horde! My dashade was the conqueror of Yn and Chabosh! Ak'ghal's greatest accomplishment is escaping from a freaking box!

Give me back my dashade or I'll take my 15 dollars elsewhere. Probably to a burger joint, Khem wouldn't want me to be angry on an empty stomache... Seriously though, give him back.

Edited by NeroTethras

That buys them 3 months. THREE.

Quit now, it'll save us from going through this in 3 months.

There is an almost 0% chance Khem is coming back in the story until next Season at the earliest.

If you can't be patient, and wait for a favourite companion like everyone else, it might be time to take a break.

Quit now, it'll save us from going through this in 3 months.

There is an almost 0% chance Khem is coming back in the story until next Season at the earliest.

If you can't be patient, and wait for a favourite companion like everyone else, it might be time to take a break.

Make me. Put a gun to my head and make me. The conqueror of Yn anc Chabosh waits for no dev team.

What do you mean by next season? :confused: I assume you mean after KOFE ends? :confused:

Edited by EVO_D

We have not revealed the fate of Khem Val. Ak’ghal Usar is not meant to replace Khem Val.

We get a new deshade while the "old" deshade is still missing without a hint. So yes, the current one is a replacement. If the terminal for (story wise) missing companions didnt exist above quote would make sense.

The idea that we get two deshades in the end who served two rival sith doesnt make much sense. On the other side, a jedi gets a jedi and sith companion (before lvl50)...

Also the khem val in my stronghold got replaced by ak'ghal usar. REPLACED GRAPHICS IS REPLACING THE NPC! Otherwise we would get khem val AND ak'ghal usar in our strongold at the same time. Summoning khem val doesnt turn the ak'ghal usar into a hologram like the rest of the companions when summoned.

Sometimes it sucks to throw logic out of the window in games.

Edited by Zasszz

Ah, that explains, and is good to know. From the story, I was confused because it didn't seem to match Khem Val's story.

PLUS, the voice is not the same and seriously was aggravating me. I am glad to know that it's NOT Khem Val. I'm happy Rosiet refused him in that case. She would only risk earning dark side points for a companion of a trusted ally such as my Assassin.

I wish I had seen the live stream first as I though that he was being replaced I got him from the companion terminal (not that it really matters any). Normally I don't bring any companions back through this terminal but I though that he was gone for good, this gives me a little hope that we will see Khem again.

Though if we do get him back I can't see the point of this alliance quest and I would have preferred getting a actual companion from any class back instead.

You know along with saying that the new dashade is not a replacement for Khem, they may have let something slip.

He also said that the new deshade was the developers chance "to let everyone have an awesome shadow killer fllowing them around." So does that mean not everyone is going to have a chance to get Khem?

You know along with saying that the new dashade is not a replacement for Khem, they may have let something slip.

He also said that the new deshade was the developers chance "to let everyone have an awesome shadow killer fllowing them around." So does that mean not everyone is going to have a chance to get Khem?

Khem is a grey area, it just wouldn't make sense for a Jedi to have him, then they could always rework his story I guess

But yeah I took it the same, it did sound like not everyone will get Khem back

Maybe a future chapter will have it so each class gets one back from their original crew to cover it

Could be possible. They have said that they don't want to make any decision canon, and one way around it would be to only give companions such as Khem and Jaesa to characters that have made the decision (Inquisitors and warriors).

Could be possible. They have said that they don't want to make any decision canon, and one way around it would be to only give companions such as Khem and Jaesa to characters that have made the decision (Inquisitors and warriors).

Thats a interesting idea and I don't suppose I would be unhappy should it work out that way if that is the best way of preserving 'MY' companions.

Thats a interesting idea and I don't suppose I would be unhappy should it work out that way if that is the best way of preserving 'MY' companions.

True that. I mean, on my Assassin, she expects to have KHEM back. And my Sorc expects it to be Zash. Maybe that's the question mark they are still trying to figure out. Perhaps this new Deshade is part of the Khem Val story, a rival perhaps and somehow ties into Khem Val's story. Or maybe Khem is part of the main characters. All I know is on my sorc, I want Zash, becuase I chose Zash.

That's how I took it. I wonder if each class is going to have an exclusive companion.

Inquisitor - Khem Val

Warrior - Jaesa

Bounty Hunter - Mako

Agent - Vector

Trooper - Dorne

Knight - Doc

Consular - never played one

Smuggler - Corso

That's how I took it. I wonder if each class is going to have an exclusive companion.

Inquisitor - Khem Val

Warrior - Jaesa

Bounty Hunter - Mako

Agent - Vector

Trooper - Dorne

Knight - Doc

Consular - never played one

Smuggler - Corso

Could be Tharan Cedrax. He's like the most interesting of the companions. And if the exclusive ones are not romanceable ones then it fits.

I also can't help but wonder if by saying they "have not yet revealed the fate of Khem Val", they're implying he died. They never mention Inquisitors will get him back, and there are in-story reasons that he may not have survived.

While not ideal, it would be appropriate. It nicely avoids Khem's story dilemma, still gives us a Dashade, and shows the player that our companions are not immune to the peril of the Zakuul Empire. Just like we couldn't save our apprentices on Quesh, we lose another loyal companion and there's nothing we can do about it other than avenge him/celebrate his death.

Khem's dead unless he figured out real fast how to break the bond with the SI or quickly got himself Carbo'd right beside you intentionally........but then again im assuming BW will adhere to the original plot of Khem and the SI.......and that's a big assumption. Edited by TKMaster

Khem's dead unless he figured out real fast how to break the bond with the SI or quickly got himself Carbo'd right beside you intentionally........but then again im assuming BW will adhere to the original plot of Khem and the SI.......and that's a big assumption.

Nah... this is comic book writing, the character doesn't die unless strictly seen on screen, and even then the writers can bring them back at any time. Revan is proof of this.

We get a new deshade while the "old" deshade is still missing without a hint. So yes, the current one is a replacement. If the terminal for (story wise) missing companions didnt exist above quote would make sense.

The idea that we get two deshades in the end who served two rival sith doesnt make much sense. On the other side, a jedi gets a jedi and sith companion (before lvl50)...

Sometimes it sucks to throw logic out of the window in games.

Bioware wanted everyone to get a Dashade, meaning that when Khem comes back it's only for the inquisitor.