What set + tactical for OP healing?

Lundorff

Tactician or Aggressive Treatment? Is the Toxic Haze thing worth it?

What about tactical?

• Critical Surgery
  • Diagnostics Probe
  • Regenerative Waves
  • Combat Medic Training

Or something else entirely?

I use tactician for the flat heal buff on tac advantage stack, seems to tie well with the medtech amps.

Crit surgery was recommended to me by a friend and seems quite useful, probably the best, although you could experiment with regen waves and the aggressive treatment set if ur queueing regs with a tank and wanna aoe heal for big epeen numbers

TLDR: tactician, periodic intensity/medtech, critical surgery.

Tactician is the universally accepted oper healer set bonus.

Amps and tactical vary. Medtech and periodic restoration are both acceptable amps. Honestly I just pickup whichever I get because the costs of rerolling amps is ridiculous. But theoretically, periodic restoration out performs medtech if you can keep hots up. But if you are not that great of an operative healer and your hots management is less optimal then just go medtech. But again... the difference is small.

In regards to tacticals, critical surgery is widely accepted as the best tactical for solos and group ranked, but the others all have their uses in certain situations.

I have seen 1 operative use combat medic successfully. I think it's dumb but he likes using kolto infusion while moving so....

Regenerative wave is good if you're freecasting or you're good enough to double roll for immunity before casting kolto waves. Regenerative wave really shines when you can get 3 or more players in your AOE heals. Be prepared to get interrupted while using it, if the enemy is decent and smart. The TA consumption is not as big of a problem in PvP as it is for PvE since we are constantly getting stunned anyways. Your rotation will never be perfect.

Diagnostic probe is a special one. I like it in solos when I don't have a tank. The kolto injection insta cast is VERY nice. It is probably a hps loss compared to critical surgery, I haven't parsed it out. The nice part of it is that it brings sustained single target healing. It is great for dealing with tank tunnel and no tanks. Unlike critical surgery, you don't have to wait for your targets to get low before you see the benefits of the tactical. Additionally, you're mobility goes through the roof with this tactical. It really is the best single target tactical because you can kite with your target you are healing, and seldom need to sit and cast. Furthermore, this is the easiest tactical out of the 4.

Edited by septru

TLDR: tactician, periodic intensity/medtech, critical surgery.

Tactician is the universally accepted oper healer set bonus.

Amps and tactical vary. Medtech and periodic restoration are both acceptable amps. Honestly I just pickup whichever I get because the costs of rerolling amps is ridiculous. But theoretically, periodic restoration out performs med tech if you can keep hots. But if you are not that great of an operative healer your hots management is less optimal then just go medtech. But again... the difference is small.

In regards to tacticals, critical surgery is widely accepted as the best tactical for solos and group ranked, but the others all have their uses in certain situations.

I have seen 1 operative use combat medic successfully. I think it's dumb but he likes using kolto infusion while moving so....

Regenerative wave is good if you're freecasting or you're good enough to double roll for immunity before casting kolto waves. Regenerative wave really shines when you can get 3 or more players in your AOE heals. Be prepared to get interrupted while using it, if the enemy is decent and smart. The TA consumption is not as big of a problem in PvP as it is for PvE since we are constantly getting stunned anyways. Your rotation will never be perfect.

Diagnostic probe is a special one. I like it in solos when I don't have a tank. The kolto injection insta cast is VERY nice. It is probably a hps loss compared to critical surgery, I haven't parsed it out. The nice part of it is that it brings sustained single target healing. It is great for dealing with tank tunnel and no tanks. Unlike critical surgery, you don't have to wait for your targets to get low before you see the benefits of the tactical. Additionally, you're mobility goes through the roof with this tactical. It really is the best single target tactical because you can kite with your target you are healing, and seldom need to sit and cast. Furthermore, this is the easiest tactical out of the 4.

Diagnostic probe is ok, just kolto injection is really underwhelming now which sux, kolto infusion generally heals for the same amount as kolto injection plus you have stim boost and tac overdrive for oh **** burst heals.

That’s just my opinion tho