Deception force management in 5.0 (no blackout)

Decidion

So now that they have taken out blackout, I'm finding resource management much more difficult with my deception assassin. It wasn't trivial before 5.0 and now, unless I am spamming saber strike (a lot), I am constantly running out of force.

Anyone else have this problem? What else can I do? Did they pull our one reliable force regen tool and not replace it??

Maul...

That must be my problem. With the typical level of competency you get when using GF for flashpoints, I almost always end up "tanking" the bosses (because people just cant learn their rotations) and as a result, don't have access to maul because the boss is facing me...

If you randomly press buttons you will get punished hard, because you can't "reset" your force.

The moral of the story is to just get your stuff right and in the right order. Then you won't have any trouble.

What in the world are you talking about? I don't have problems with my rotations or playing my class...deception 'sins are a positional melee class and are not designed to be the "tank" when running that spec.

What in the world are you talking about? I don't have problems with my rotations or playing my class...deception 'sins are a positional melee class and are not designed to be the "tank" when running that spec.

If you don't have problems, then why did you make this thread?

/close

If you don't have problems, then why did you make this thread?

/close

I dont have problems with my rotation, its the same one I have been running ops with for over a year (and parsing 6000+ DPS with). Now with 5.0 out I am soloing and doing story content so having to tank a mob in dps discipline is not what I am used to.

I dont "randomly push buttons". Just because someone has a question or is having a problem with something, don't assume they are an idiot. It just makes you look like a troll.

/ignore

I dont have problems with my rotation, its the same one I have been running ops with for over a year (and parsing 6000+ DPS with). Now with 5.0 out I am soloing and doing story content so having to tank a mob in dps discipline is not what I am used to.

I dont "randomly push buttons". Just because someone has a question or is having a problem with something, don't assume they are an idiot. It just makes you look like a troll.

/ignore

6000dps is what I did in 3.0, you might want to reconsider your position.

Anyway, story related stuff dies quickly enough that force should never be an issue to begin with. Just use your knockbacks to get positioning and recklessness upon every pull because it gets reset anyway.

Its pretty clear maul is what gives you dark embrace from reading the spec.

Also, force cloak should be in your rotation, mitigating any threat issues even with bad pug tanks, since it resets the cooldown on your recklessness.

If you do have threat issues with a particular tank, which you'll see soon enough, I actually just delay my 1st cloak to try and dump the most "threat" at start, and certainly the high dps opening as a whole. And even with a terribad pug tank, it will then go to the 2nd dps unless they are both really twindling their thumbs.

When soloing, btw, put your companion on tank if you are doing heroics with lots of elite or a champion. For strong and below, put it on dps along side you, you'll mostly use discharge, assassinate and ball lightning to their faces anyway. Can always use your low slash to sneak in a maul unless there's a boss immunity on it.

Still, even without dark embrace, its a dps drop, of course, but it doesnt require much more than 1 saber strike per ball lightning rotation to keep up, safe the one where you have 2 or 3 discharge close together because phantom stride, recklessness and normally built static charge coincide.

The sole fight where it will really be a bother is the EV council where you each have to kill your mobs. My dps drops a good 600-700 from being unable to maul, both from its damage and from the force regen it brings that I lose, but I make do. Still normally do 6.7k dps on that short fight, without the cloak reset either.

As a closing note, I suggest you give the spec a good read asap. Might actually see a few things that changed and adapt your rotation and do better, and clarify some things.

When I say "tanking" I mean being the defacto person the boss goes after because I actually know my rotation and easily put out more DPS than the typical clueless GF person. Not that I am trying to actually tank in deception discipline.

Force cloak is part of the rotation at the very beginning, to reset the cd of your crit-ocd. And, besides of that, it's a very powerful de-aggro ability. You at least have 1m15s cd on that, so you can push it very often in a longer fight.

When your group mats are so bad, that you even have aggro after that, I would suggest you, to change them or swap to dot-spec.

Edited by Exocor