Lvl 65 Biochem seeking guidance

Fozziwig

Hey y'all,

I'm at lvl 65 Biochem and lvl 15 in my class and am looking for some guidance. I have got schematics for 3 level 8 purples so far, but the rest I am still at green. I have three questions:

Should I grind them all up to get the purple schematic, even though I won't use them all?

Is there any value in RE'ing purple stims/medpacks?

How/when will I learn schematics for packs higher than level 8?

I appreciate you taking the time to save me some time. Thank you.

-Fozzi

From what I have found so far, purples can only be used by Bio-Chemists. So with that in mind, I personally only grind out the purples that I will be using personally. While trying to get as many blues as possible sine those can be traded/sold.

Hope that helps and hopefully that answered your question.

From what I have found so far, purples can only be used by Bio-Chemists. So with that in mind, I personally only grind out the purples that I will be using personally. While trying to get as many blues as possible sine those can be traded/sold.

Hope that helps and hopefully that answered your question.

This is accurate, the only purples you should craft are those that you will use. Blues will be the primary money makers though, so craft them if you have the supplies available.

Also,

if you go to the trainer, there is a drop down selection to view all taught schematics rather than available only, you'll be able to see what levels you learn new things.

Edited by Aexon

I've just been mostly chain leveling and trying to keep Biochem up with simple green schematics as I go along. No sense getting purples for level stuff imo... Well maybe except for 1. Got a level 1 purple armor adrenal.

Ok, I guess i won't be making more purples then!

Also, if you go to the trainer, there is a drop down selection to view all taught schematics rather than available only, you'll be able to see what levels you learn new things.

That's brilliant, thanks!

Hate to be a nub and chime in with an additional question, but I didn't want to start another thread for this.

I've read where Biochem enables you to create Biological Implants. Granted, my toon is only level 33, but I have yet to see any schematics for such implants and thus haven't crafted any. Where does one obtain the schematics for Biological Implants?

Hate to be a nub and chime in with an additional question, but I didn't want to start another thread for this.

I've read where Biochem enables you to create Biological Implants. Granted, my toon is only level 33, but I have yet to see any schematics for such implants and thus haven't crafted any. Where does one obtain the schematics for Biological Implants?

lvl 150 biochem

When you find a Biochem trainer, you can set him to display everything that can be trained, regardless of level. That'll show you the implants, and at what Biochem level you need to start making.

lvl 150 biochem

Awesome. Thanks for this.

When you find a Biochem trainer, you can set him to display everything that can be trained, regardless of level. That'll show you the implants, and at what Biochem level you need to start making.

Thank you as well. Strange thing, my toon is over 200 in Biochem, but has not seen a schematic yet for Bio Implants. Must be looking on the wrong planet or something. Just left Alderaan.

Anyway, the info is much appreciated. Will check in game again.

You can sell the purples you make for a decent amount of money if you're lucky. Even if you charge a lot it's probably cheaper than having the guy with biochem trying to create one themselves.

Just for "fun" i made a lvl8 purple stimpack, just to see how much money and time it would cost. After 2-3 hours sending my companion out on missions(diplomacy) and 4k credits later i had the stimpack. Knowing that i would rather have spent 1-2k and bought it off GTN.

Thank you as well. Strange thing, my toon is over 200 in Biochem, but has not seen a schematic yet for Bio Implants. Must be looking on the wrong planet or something. Just left Alderaan.

Anyway, the info is much appreciated. Will check in game again.

I think most planets have a biochem trainer that sells all the schematic that you are looking for. There is also a trainer on the republic fleet that sells them.

My opinion to the OP:

Lower levels aren't really worth it. It is too easy to level up faster than creating the item you might as well just create a bunch of greens and use them.

I would probably just create green 24s until your biochem is high enough to create the level 32 items. You can create those and probably have a purple medpack and/or stim waiting for you when you hit the level requirement. From there you start working on the 40s, then 45/48/50s.

It is pretty easy to level the biochem faster than your actual level once you get into the 30s. I'm level 42 and have have 400 biochem. I have some purple implants waiting for me when I high 45 and am going to start working on the 48/50 items soon.

The reusable medpacs are definitely worth it, but check the GTN first, higher lvls may be selling their old ones there for cheaper than you can make one yourself. Reusable adrenals are cool too, but do it only if you got the mats. Also the difference between each tier of adrenal isn't massive, so a lvl 16 one could last you into your late 30s and still be good.

Implants are lvl 21, 25, 29, 33 etc. If you dont have any recipes, you need to check your trainer and/or lvl up your biochem skill more.

Reusable stims are worth it if you know you won't grind out 8 lvls pretty quickly, or you pvp a lot.

Generally making a new reusable medpac and stim is a good idea every 8 lvls.

8, 16, 24, 32 etc