Suggsestion: How to make REing low level items worth the time/money.

Freeborne

Many would agree that spending the money and resources to RE your low level greens for a random blue recipe, and then REing those for a purple recipe is not cost effective.

Perhaps we could make this time/money sink more worthwhile to the player?

It would be nice if having more low level blue patterns increased your success rate to discover higher level patterns when you RE. Nothing unseemly, but enough to make REing the pattern (or more accurately ALL the low level patterns) worth our time.

Maybe you could also increase the probability of learning other RE patterns of the SAME level by substantial amount when you RE a schematic? (Makes logical sense to me. Once I RE 1 mod into a Blue schematic I have good idea what I'm doing, and it should make REing other green mods of that level easier.).

Edited by Freeborne

Once the game matures and a twinking/poweralt community emerges and we have enough rich mains to support them, then lowbie purples will be nice sellers. But for now, no. Neither the economy nor the community is mature enough to support such items.

6 months down the line, who knows?

Once the game matures and a twinking/poweralt community emerges and we have enough rich mains to support them, then lowbie purples will be nice sellers. But for now, no. Neither the economy nor the community is mature enough to support such items.

6 months down the line, who knows?

You do understand that there will never be a twinking community in this game, right?

There are no PvP brackets.

When you Queue for PvP the game tries to match you with:

1. People your level

2. People below your level.

3. People above your level.

In that order, for a match. Then lower level people are given a stat buff to bring their skills and hp up to the higher level players.

It's one of the things I absolutely love about PvP in this game because it makes for great queue times.

Well, perhaps not twinking, but powerlevelers are still a potential market.

Since the game lacks heirloom equivalents at present, rich mains looking to ease the leveling of their alts in due course will be a market for lowbie purples.

This market doesn't yet exist. (People are still working on getting their mains up to speed.) But the game's heavy RPG elements definitely encourage players to try out all the different story lines.

Well, perhaps not twinking, but powerlevelers are still a potential market.

Since the game lacks heirloom equivalents at present, rich mains looking to ease the leveling of their alts in due course will be a market for lowbie purples.

This market doesn't yet exist. (People are still working on getting their mains up to speed.) But the game's heavy RPG elements definitely encourage players to try out all the different story lines.

I don't think it'll ever really exist, sadly. Your first 30 levels in this game go by very fast. And your next 10 ever that are more difficult, but the pace is about the same.

The gear you get is replaced on each planet at least once, sometimes twice, through quest missions. And then on top of that you have commendation gear...you can't trade up commendations anymore--so you *have* to spend them on gear or gear mods---elsewise they are wasted.

I think the real market for alts will be Orange Gear, (Which sadly we gear creators can't discover through REing.) And maybe, *maybe* the RE'd Gun Barrel, Hilt, and Armor Mods will turn a profit there...I'd have to compare. Some vendors on some planets don't sell all the mod types...so the GTM becomes your only option.

I would certainly like them to increase the probability of getting the next quality up when RE'ing, i once crafted over 20 hilts and RE'ed them and i got NOTHING back.....well, except the single Rubat crystal from each, but i think i should have atleast learnt the blue quality from ONE of thost TWENTY hilts i RE'ed.

Its honestly put me off of doing any crafting, until the chance is increased SIGNIFICANTLY.

It seems to me at this stage that long-term crafting for cash will involve Cyber, Guns, Bio, or Artifice

As people acquire Orange gear at various levels they will want to fill and replace the items in those slots.

The Bio Skills will be profitable simply by being slightly cheaper or better than the stim/med-pac vendors.

I sold quite lots of blue level 21 and 25 implants, and I also have level 25 purple implant. I sold it for 10k a piece.

People do upgrade their characters and their companions. When I was still lowbie, I want me and my companions to be as best geared as I can afford.

What's the use of credits if you don't use them? Gee, 5k might be a lot for lowbies, but at level 40, I am killing elites that drops about 300 credits per kill.