Fix slicing back to how it was

Tewhitte

i just spent 2k creds and got 1.4k back *** so im spending money to lose it? i also can not learn spells or fund the economy because i cant buy anything from other players. put it back you morons. GG bioware and thanks for letting people know about a nerf before you did it and now my 400 slicing is boned. complete back asswards way to adjust something and completely broken and retarded now. srsly spending more than i get in return is nonsense

Yeah, it sucks now. Fortunately I got my cybertech maxed a week or so ago and I'm turning a good profit with that instead now. I'm considering dropping slicing for UT, but I don't like to throw away a 400 skill on a whim like that. Oh well...

dude i started out 400 slicing, scav, and cybertech.

then i dropped scav for ut and leveled it to 400

then i dropped slicing for scav and leveled it to 400

then i dropped ut for bioanalysis and leveled it to 400

then i dropped cybertech for biochem and leveled it to 400

leveling crew skills doesn't even take a day. and doing it just from missions can break even on cost if you gtn the mats you get.

I don't know why everyone is complaining. Sure you can have an unlucky streak, but I still make a lot of money through my slicing missions. You just have to know which missions to take. It was in desperate need of a nerf, and of course some people who are hit by the nerf will always be complaining, but this nerf was necessary.

Slicing was very good. But at 400 it should be like it was before .I though the higher you get the better it will giving . but now its off like its at level 1 -

- please bioware balance it out better it is like you put 1000 and get back 900 it dont make any cash that way at all .

leveling crew skills doesn't even take a day. and doing it just from missions can break even on cost if you gtn the mats you get.

not from my experience, i just keep getting whispers saying 'its not worth that much, sell it for xxx credits' and so on, crafters control the GTN, they decide what sells and for how much.

Which is why everything that they need, sells for low, while what we need, needs to sell high....its how it is in this game right now.

I wish slicing was how it used to be, useful, but now, its not and there is no viable way to make a profit, since crafters are cheap.

Slicing was very good. But at 400 it should be like it was before .I though the higher you get the better it will giving . but now its off like its at level 1 -

- please bioware balance it out better it is like you put 1000 and get back 900 it dont make any cash that way at all .

They lowered it to make it in line with all the other crew skills. Slicing was the ONLY one making a profit from sending companions on missions, so they lowered it to keep it the same as the other crew skills.

What's this, you can't afk a gathering mission and make free credits? I'm suprised and upset! Cancelling my sub right now.

Yeah, but you see with the absurd cost of everything else in this game without such a stable supply of credits no one is going to buy anything.

Yeah, but you see with the absurd cost of everything else in this game without such a stable supply of credits no one is going to buy anything.

I would call 50k+ credits per hour a stable supply. Of course, you cannot make it while afking (and tbh, never could, even with old slicing)...

There already is a stable supply of credits - mod drops & quest rewards, same as virtually every other MMORPG out there.

Slicing was never really needed in the first place, just so long as the usual sinks/sources were balanced there wouldn't be a problem. Arguably the current sinks might be excessive but it's hard to be sure. What we could safely say was that slicing was an overpowered credit source for the amount of time a player needed to invest in it.

I took slicing to take advantage of it being unbalanced for the first couple weeks, as it clearly was. I expected to profit out of it a little longer, but I'm not sorry it's gone - assuming it doesn't get revived.

If you want profits with slicing, go out in the world, theres loads of lockboxes just waiting to be opened...

Ok, "Mr go gather lockboxes in world". Tell me somewhere where I can go where I can get 40+ lockboxes in under an hour and have a chance of get rare loot. Bio and Scav can by going and camping heroics with droids & beast lurking there.

^ If they are going to keep it like this then I want Lockboxes on elite humanoids for slicers (Then it will be in line with the other gathering skills, then we just need something to drop crystals on death for lightsaber crafters).

Edited by Kotli

i just spent 2k creds and got 1.4k back *** so im spending money to lose it?

And how old are you?

Like in real life, it's called investment. You invest money and no one guarantee that you will earn any money back.

Ok, "Mr go gather lockboxes in world". Tell me somewhere where I can go where I can get 40+ lockboxes in under an hour and have a chance of get rare loot. Bio and Scav can by going and camping heroics with droids & beast lurking there.

^ If they are going to keep it like this then I want Lockboxes on elite humanoids for slicers (Then it will be in line with the other gathering skills, then we just need something to drop crystals on death for lightsaber crafters).

Ilum.

This...is an excellent idea. I'd suggest force-sensitive types for archeology-type collection.

exaggerate much? At lvl 300 it taking my crewmates on average 27 minutes to complete one mission at about 2k a pop.

Slicing is useless, say goodbye to mission discoveries from it because you gotta send a companion to gather lockboxes, which give you a penalty or a ridiculously low profit and have a slight chance of delivering a mission discovery.

When we send people on money finding missions aren't they supposed to give us profit? The other skills don't deliver money, they deliver goods, how about they return stuff that is not even worthy the credits they cost for the mission as well?