TFB Secret Zone

Quote from PTS:

I have no definitive feedback, information, or strategies on Dreadtooth. All I can really say is that he drops the Dread Guard's Corrupted Mask which is Adaptive Armor in nature and is initially given with no stats and a buff which has no tooltip (probably a bug). There is speculation that the mask itself may house a special ability or trigger for other areas. The description reads, "This ancient mask is the most striking component of the ceremonial armor worn by the Dread Guard. The helm's frightful, etched visage is designed to strike fear into the hearts of enemies." Here's a picture.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We spent about 45 minutes in the cave last night after clearing TFB on 16 man hm - tried a lot of things including calling the pet that TFB drops. Went in naked, went in without weapons, scoured the walls for clickies, etc... Nothing worked.

We finally just all got naked and sat in the pool that is in there. Good times.

Quote from PTS:

I have no definitive feedback, information, or strategies on Dreadtooth. All I can really say is that he drops the Dread Guard's Corrupted Mask which is Adaptive Armor in nature and is initially given with no stats and a buff which has no tooltip (probably a bug). There is speculation that the mask itself may house a special ability or trigger for other areas. The description reads, "This ancient mask is the most striking component of the ceremonial armor worn by the Dread Guard. The helm's frightful, etched visage is designed to strike fear into the hearts of enemies." Here's a picture.

50 credits says this is our answer. Can I see a pic? :D

*gives 50 credits*

You win this time, pet guide person.

Really, I would have thought that would work. But I do want that awesome mask.

I actually thought it would too! Why I mentioned it.

However, someone recently told me about this item which I think also drops from Dreadtooth. Does someone want to try having the mask on and the amulet in their inventory? It is a use item so maybe using it in the cave when you have the mask on does something?

I actually thought it would too! Why I mentioned it.

However, someone recently told me about this item which I think also drops from Dreadtooth. Does someone want to try having the mask on and the amulet in their inventory? It is a use item so maybe using it in the cave when you have the mask on does something?

I don't know about Dreadtooth dropping it, it was datamined. And when I read the "use", it sounds more like a social item.

I could imagine someone going in the cave with the mask on, and using the amulet on his group to make them scream.

Curiouser and curiouser. We must get to the bottom of this, Watson!

I don't know about Dreadtooth dropping it, it was datamined. And when I read the "use", it sounds more like a social item.

I could imagine someone going in the cave with the mask on, and using the amulet on his group to make them scream.

Curiouser and curiouser. We must get to the bottom of this, Watson!

Just talked with a guildmate about it and he said that it could have something to do with the trash in front of the cave.

What he thinks is that you use the amulet on them and they flee and tear up the cave or something.

What would we do with the family tree? And what would we be unarmed attacking?

I have no @#$%&*!^ idea why those things are in the game in the first place.

So I always like to think there must be some secret fun in them that I am just too dumb to discover.

Running out of ideas here. The dread guard mask and amulet are our best clues, but should we stress over the amulet? I put in a suggestion when 1.4 came out for a dread guard mask, and someone replied they've datamined one. But this amulet is probably the same thing. Not out yet. Maybe from NiM EC? Would make sense, go to all 3 places the dread masters have been involved. Denova for the amulet, Belsavis for the mask, and Asation for the cave.

Maybe? Who knows? All I care about now is getting a dread guard/hazmat body armor To go with the mask. :D