2.0 changes and Talent tree

Sildanar

Heya

Im pretty excited about the changes to scoundrels of all flavours in 2.0.

Energy improvements (pugnacity energy regen now baked in, and Pugnacity changed to a 2 min CD) is freaking awesome.

Sawbones moving to more HoT based play with cheaper SRMP and Kolto Pack now healing for about half as much but adding a HoT.

New lvl 51 ability is pretty cool imo.

Whats your view on your class changes?

Here is a link to PTS talent trees to flesh out the info in the patch notes.

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/

Cheers

Sil

#commandobeforeitwascool

:p

But seriously, I can't wait to start having fun on my biggun again :D

Watchman looks viable again, and Combat now has insane burst. Shadows will have even more influence on tactical play and derpsmash looks like it'll have slightly more smashes going out but no where as hard, but the rest of their abilities look to make up for that in single target dmg.

Overall it looks as though there will be a lot more versatility in classes and more people will play what they actually want to play instead of what they NEED to play.

Can't wait till its live :D

Combat is getting nerfed. Instead of chilling with 6-7 focus when popping zen then PS + BR + BS combo, you now need to be at 11-12 focus due to there being no cost reduction on BR any more :(. Focus management in combat is going to be the pits.

Vanguard might be the new huttball tank, with being able to build a leaping/hold the line hybrid. 8 secs of immunity is going to be OP as **** with a combat sent partner.

Edited by geaghan

Overall it looks as though there will be a lot more versatility in classes and more people will play what they actually want to play instead of what they NEED to play.

Can't wait till its live

Well put Tom, I feel exactly the same.

Overall my impression with the changes is excellent.

Well thought out, and improvements to classes that really needed buffs, but everyone seems to have got something cool + QoL improvements.

Just really impressed so far :)

People being able to play what they want (and still be effective) is exactly what I would have asked for.

Combat is getting nerfed. Instead of chilling with 6-7 focus when popping zen then PS + BR + BS combo, you know need to be at 11-12 focus due to there being no cost reduction on BR any more :(. Focus management in combat is going to be the pits.

Vanguard might be the new huttball tank, with being able to build a leaping/hold the line hybrid. 8 secs of immunity is going to be OP as **** with a combat sent partner.

Back to watchman it is :D

Combat is getting nerfed. Instead of chilling with 6-7 focus when popping zen then PS + BR + BS combo, you now need to be at 11-12 focus due to there being no cost reduction on BR any more :(. Focus management in combat is going to be the pits.

they change zen or something? and my storm spec vanguard with the 30% extra **** now will tear people to peices

they change zen or something? and my storm spec vanguard with the 30% extra **** now will tear people to peices

Zen in Ataru now increases Alacrity by 30% for 6 abilitiy GCDs, but doesn't reduce the cost on anything. But in saying that it also means Zen + Masterstrike + Bladestorm + Dispatch will be a hectic burst combo.

Just duelled proxxii for a good 2 hours on the PTS. It was incredibly fun, very dynamic duels, lots of clutch moves and counters. Dual saber throw comes in extremely useful, especially when he rolls away after I jump to him. At level 55 in EWH gear I have about 22.7k HP. Smash is critting for 6k, vicious throw 6k, dual saber throw 4k. Getting hit by ambush and takedown for 5-6k too. As carnage spec its hard to look out for the slaughter buff, probably worth putting gore and vicious throw on a separate toolbar and making it 200% size or something just to track the proc. Bit concerned about false proccing as it only procs once every 20 sec. Edited by Roastmouse