Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mouseover Healing

vaike
01.08.2012 , 09:03 AM | #231
It is broke. So, fix it.

RiskyBiz
01.08.2012 , 03:55 PM | #232
Quote: Originally Posted by Darieltis View Post
Mouse over healing is a staple of WoW...not all modern MMOs. Mouse over is not part of this game, adapt, work for it...would it be easier? Sure, but then healers would complain that healing was too easy. If it ain't broke...
Most modern MMO's allowed macros, which allowed for mouseover macros, which allowed for mouseover healing. Sure, WoW was the only one with Vuhdo and Healbot, but mouseover healing is all over the place.

Adapt and work for it? Again (I frustratingly have to keep repeating myself), mouseover healing isn't "easier" persay, it's faster and more fluid, and for most of us it's a lot more comfortable and frees up plenty of hotkeys for other abilities.

Hermanlee
01.08.2012 , 04:05 PM | #233
Quote: Originally Posted by Darieltis View Post
Mouse over healing is a staple of WoW...not all modern MMOs. Mouse over is not part of this game, adapt, work for it...would it be easier? Sure, but then healers would complain that healing was too easy. If it ain't broke...
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...FakeDifficulty

Number one. A clunky UI does not for a difficult experience make. It makes for an annoying one.

Difficulty in healing should come from using the right heal on the right target at the right time while managing your resources effectively. When the difficulty comes from a hard to use interface, that's just poor design.

Fizbanic
01.08.2012 , 11:32 PM | #234
Bloody newbs learn to heal, you need no mouse over healing to be efficient in this game.

If you want easy mode, head back over to wow. Let those that want to experience something that requires skills enjoy this game
ThyBountyHunter Mercenary Bounty Hunter
Conclave Atrum Empire Guild | Conclave Lumen Republic Guild

Kelticfury
01.08.2012 , 11:35 PM | #235
Mouseover heals work well with cast times?

e-sam
01.09.2012 , 02:41 AM | #236
As a healer I favor mouseover not for the "EASY MODE" as some mentioned earlier but for the reduced number of bounded keys. Back when I used to play wow I had 2 spells bound to the same button. Mouseover casts instant and if targeted casts the channeled. This way my hand is not all over the keyboard but instead on a specific area. Anyways am fine with the F-keys & UI targeting for now and am actually used to it since ages but if mouseover was implemented then great!
Yet another Sith Darth

Danudwary
01.09.2012 , 08:46 AM | #237
Why is it that some people here think that being forced to click twice means that you are more skilled than someone who doesn't want to do it that way? That makes no sense at all. Forcing yourself to adapt to a clunky UI does not make you skillfull, it makes you masochistic.

DPSing works the same here as it does in most every other MMO. Imagine if you couldn't select a target by tabbing? What if you had to hunt through the chaos and click your target? What if you couldn't see your DOTs on your target? What if you couldn't bind casts to number keys, and you had to click a button with your mouse? It would be a non-standard DPS interface, and it would be a problem.

There are (much) better interfaces for healing in most every trinity-style MMO. If I can't have a more efficient (and standardized, IMO) healing interface, I'm not going to play that role. And I'll probably sooner-than-otherwise go play a different game, because healing is the role I typically enjoy in MMOs. And so will a lot of other people, I suspect. *shrug*

Danudwary
01.09.2012 , 08:51 AM | #238
Quote: Originally Posted by Fizbanic View Post
If you want easy mode, head back over to wow.
Never left WoW, actually. Waiting to see how SW shapes up and how end-game looks to make a decision. Not going to play both long-term. And I don't think I'm the only one.

bendyr
01.09.2012 , 09:09 AM | #239
Before you quit the game or re-roll entirely, do what I did and respec to dps. After 36 levels of fighting the UI instead of the mobs, worrying about disappearing focus bars and focus modifiers that intermittently failed, having my casts cancelled behind cover, and just having a terrible experience, I went concealment, and now I'm having a blast. Leveling is way more fun and faster, pvp is more fun AND I get more commendations for just doing damage than I ever did for just healing.

I'm sure that BW will eventually sort out the healing UI and balance, but for now it is pretty broken.

KittyPrawn
01.09.2012 , 02:00 PM | #240
Quote: Originally Posted by Fizbanic View Post
Bloody newbs learn to heal, you need no mouse over healing to be efficient in this game.

If you want easy mode, head back over to wow. Let those that want to experience something that requires skills enjoy this game
How is mouse-over healing easy-mode compared to clicking? Are my mouse-over macros choosing my spell and my target differently than you do?
Kyrti of the Apsalar Legacy - 50 Rattataki Sorcerer - Canderous Ordo
Caution: Aggressive, Will Bite.

Quote: Originally Posted by Neamhan View Post
What's this? Something is being improved?! To the Complain-o-tron 5000!!