Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher Not Working

BrightCandle
12.29.2011 , 04:17 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by whineo View Post
As far as I can see this is the latest comment from BW on fixing this issue...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...666#post823666

I have this issue...
and have tried all of the suggestions in the above thread (and all of the previous launcher issue suggestions)
I have not tried Running the Windows Memory Diagnostic (which i will try tonight) but that suggestion seems like a shot in the dark from BW suppport. I doubt that my memory would sudenly be the issue straight after the patch when every other memory intensive program runs without issue.

Please sort this out BW !

by the way this issue is not related to the Downloading Assets issue - bring up that particualr issue in the numerous Asset treads because you are just confusing matters for this particular issue.
Its not the downloading assets problem, its a different problem related to the launcher when someone repairs sometimes it misses an install of main asset 1 or 22. It was rare back in EA, I think I and one other person had the problem. But I have seen 5 people with the same symptoms in the last 24 hours. Thankfully its easy to check if you have got the problem with a check of the directory size and if its correct then its not this particular problem. Simple check for the problem and simple fix.
There used to be a repair for launcher problems here, but BioWare Customer Support has banned me from posting the link. My advice is if the launcher does not work is get a refund while you still can.

Aretta
12.30.2011 , 12:39 PM | #12
I have the same problem. I have to restart my computer at least 5 times, run maintenance, sync my computer to Internet time & repair the launcher in order for it to work. But for some reason, it won't let me play during the day. I have to wait until like 8pm & I can tell you that I would like to be able to go to bed earlier than what I have been because of this. I originally downloaded the game from the site when my Early Access began. I repaired the launcher this morning & it loaded, ran the "Launcher is Updating. Please Wait.." message, then disappeared (unlike last night when it stayed on & allowed me to log in). When I try to open the launcher again, it says "Only a single instance of this application can run." This also happens when I try to plain old open the program. Then it's back to restarting & hoping for the best. I'm tired of having to hold my breath every time I want to play the game & playing at 8pm for as long as I can so I can get the most out of my 30 free days. I hope BioWare will finally take note of this problem & look into it, since so many people seem to be having it..

Aretta
12.30.2011 , 01:14 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Aretta View Post
I have the same problem. I have to restart my computer at least 5 times, run maintenance, sync my computer to Internet time & repair the launcher in order for it to work. But for some reason, it won't let me play during the day. I have to wait until like 8pm & I can tell you that I would like to be able to go to bed earlier than what I have been because of this. I originally downloaded the game from the site when my Early Access began. I repaired the launcher this morning & it loaded, ran the "Launcher is Updating. Please Wait.." message, then disappeared (unlike last night when it stayed on & allowed me to log in). When I try to open the launcher again, it says "Only a single instance of this application can run." This also happens when I try to plain old open the program. Then it's back to restarting & hoping for the best. I'm tired of having to hold my breath every time I want to play the game & playing at 8pm for as long as I can so I can get the most out of my 30 free days. I hope BioWare will finally take note of this problem & look into it, since so many people seem to be having it..
Update: I allowed my firewall to give the launcher & game access instead of auto. So far, it seems to have fixed my problem. Hopefully, it helps in the long run.

Prozach
03.14.2012 , 04:17 PM | #14
Thanks for suggesting the firewall thing. It was either dumb luck or me allowing full access through the firewall that did it for me... Now lets see if it does it again next time...