Mouse problems - extra buttons aren't working

lamademon

Hello!

I can't use the extra buttons on my Logitech mx518. Driver updated, SetPoint started as administrator.

Buttons are assigned as Page Up, Page Down, or regular numbers 6, 7, 8.

They are working when pushing on keyboard but nothing on the mouse.

Please help if you can.

Thanks in advance

yes, sir, but u r on the dark side... dark side dont deserve proper working mouse me think...

anyway, any suggestions? the same mouse, same setpoint, same keybinds and keystrokes r working in world of warcraft for years now...

what r we missing?

Hey guys,

Currently a lot of extra keys are not working properly. One thing I'd suggest is trying to run the game in windowed mode and see if it makes any difference compared to running the program full screen.

If you are using Setpoint (or another program that manages your keybindings/mouse buttons), make sure it is set to run as an administrator.

If nothing above has helped you, let me know here!

Regards,

Tenneth

Edited by Tenneth

Hello Mr. Yellow!

I can confirm that I had already tried those.

Extra buttons didn't work in beta aswell and I started a thread there about it. Someone suggested the same as you, sir: start setpoint as admin. So when got in with early access yesterday, my very first move was to start setpoint as admin, log in game, set game screen for windowed full screen (experiencing faster alt+tabs).

But... it was the same... dead mouse, only regular buttons, mousewheel was/are working.

Some plus info, maybe it helps you, maybe not:

- 2of my friends using the same mouse, they have experienced same problems like me, so its not an individual problem

- razer nostromo gamepad (or what) working well... and I think its almost the same... periferials, with option to bind extra buttons...

The reason you are having problems with the extra mice buttons is because the game runs in administrator mode. That means the software running the mice needs to be closed and relaunched in administrator mode. Annoying I know, but until SWTOR stops running in admin mode, this is the only way to make those mice work.

Hello Mr. Yellow!

I can confirm that I had already tried those.

Extra buttons didn't work in beta aswell and I started a thread there about it. Someone suggested the same as you, sir: start setpoint as admin. So when got in with early access yesterday, my very first move was to start setpoint as admin, log in game, set game screen for windowed full screen (experiencing faster alt+tabs).

But... it was the same... dead mouse, only regular buttons, mousewheel was/are working.

Some plus info, maybe it helps you, maybe not:

- 2of my friends using the same mouse, they have experienced same problems like me, so its not an individual problem

- razer nostromo gamepad (or what) working well... and I think its almost the same... periferials, with option to bind extra buttons...

If you start SWTOR before starting Setpoint as an admin may affect the outcome. I'm not sure if you started the launcher first or not, but this could be the reason there's no button response.

While it gets repetitive, updating your drivers COULD help. I understand a lot of people have done this to no avail, but it never hurts to try. Even if you've done it before.

One more suggestion would be to try and uninstall and re-install any programs that monitor or control your mouse.

Let me know if these don't work for you.

Edit: As kasbain has pointed out, a fix that works for some is re-launching Setpoint as administrator after you've launched TOR. When I tried this, it cause my mouse to not respond while in-game until I re-launched TOR, so results may vary. Good luck!

Regards,

Tenneth

Edited by Tenneth

I use Razer Diamondback 3G and I also have this problem. I reinstalled my drivers and I did run SWTOR as Admin but still didn’t get it working. Does anyone have problems with Razer as well? I did run all of the Razer applications I had in Razer folder (3 of them I think) as admin but it didn’t help. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your time and help

• 2 weeks later...
Regarding the Mx518, I have had no problem using mine, however I don't have Set Point installed. Saying that, I'm guessing the problem lies in Set Point.

so.. have anyone found a solution to this? have a Logitech G700 and struggle to bind my b uttons.