[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model

ZeroPlus

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm totally into this... this blaster pistol is one of the coolest pistols in the game by far... the gunslinger community need an off-hand version of this gun.

At least you get to have 1... Imps get nothing remotely as cool looking, not even 1.

At least you get to have 1... Imps get nothing remotely as cool looking, not even 1.

And, as the saying goes, "to add insult to injury" take a look at:

Bioware's class page for the Bounty Hunter here http://www.swtor.com/holonet/classes/bounty-hunter.

Scroll down to the "Field Reconnaisance & Combat Tactics" section and look at the 2nd and 3rd pictures. See the pistols the BH is holding? Here are direct links: 2nd picture and 3rd picture.

Scroll down a little more to the "Advanced Classes" section and look at the BH depicted next to the text for "Mercenary". Same BH, different angle, same pistol.

Awesome, right? NOT! :(

• 2 weeks later...

I have no problem at all adding my support to this motion.

Another of these models, either as a schematic or as a quest reward for around the same level as the original is awarded, would be fine.

Might I also add that that I would like to see the 'off hand only' restriction removed from Two Fingers Revenge. In fact, for any pistol/lightsaber really. I cannot see any logical reason for this to be in place.

H.

I'm pretty sure the colluni main-hand gun for gunslingers has this look, and despite the fact that it's purple, it is fully moddable.

Similar but not the same.

The Columi Main Hand Pistol is Quickshot and it looks like this. The A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler looks like this.

The A-300 just looks more streamlined. :)

I want one so badly right now. This is the first time that I have seen this model and I think it looks great. Would definitely get at least one for myself. Please make another model that I can make/buy for my Bounty Hunter

With all the new Community focus on the forums, I wonder if we have someone responsible for Suggestions. Allison, would that be you? ;)

If there is, any chance this topic could be brought up with the devs? We are going on 6 pages of nothing but passionate support for the idea and it would be nice to know that the devs are aware of our wish for another A-300 (or at least another pistol with the same model). :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Not a fan of that particular look, but I am all in favor of every bit of gear having an orange version available from somewhere.

While giving commendation vvendors a few more models, and the rest becoming available through the appropriate player crafters and schematic drops would be my ideal, I suspect that the Cartel store will have the first priority right now.

Whether the Cartel store will contain this particular pistol model in some color or another, or whatever armor patterns I or someone else might like remains to be seen, but there will be some gear in there.

If all that they have is another variation of what a BH might look like wearing this, this, or this then I doubt that they will be selling a whole lot of stuff, so I expect something different if not entirely new.

Edited by Mithros

I was lucky enough to find a Two-Finger's Revenge for sale on the GTN and that is what I am currently using at 50. It is off-hand only, and it doesn't have the clean slick look of the A-300 (with that scope, the "under-the-barrel-thing" and I'm not a big fan of the color either (wish that it had the same gun-metal grey of the A-300)). Despite that, it actually looks OK.

I, for one, would love to have a blaster with the Two-Finger's Revenge model for a main-hand weapon (and had even made a post to that effect). It's rather silly that it's so difficult to find a matching set of blasters. The Elegant Modified Blaster Pistol is iconic, as well, but it's not to everyone's tastes. And since the whole point of having the orange gear is for people to be able to have their characters look like they want them to look...

Well. Yeah.

I, for one, would love to have a blaster with the Two-Finger's Revenge model for a main-hand weapon (and had even made a post to that effect). It's rather silly that it's so difficult to find a matching set of blasters. The Elegant Modified Blaster Pistol is iconic, as well, but it's not to everyone's tastes. And since the whole point of having the orange gear is for people to be able to have their characters look like they want them to look...

Well. Yeah.

If you want an exact color match to Two-Finger's Revenge and you aren't adverse to a little PvP, you can get the War Hero Field Medic's Blaster Pistol (click the links to confirm the color match).

They dropped the price in 1.4 of the War Hero Field Medic's Blaster Pistol to 2000 Ranked Warzone Commendations (and you no longer need to buy the Battlemaster Field Medic's Blaster to be able to purchase it).

Back in the day, (about 2 months ago :)), I was able to acquire both pistols over a period of 4 days (about 12 hours total) of PvP. It will probably take less time now as you no longer have to buy the Battlemaster Field Medic's Blaster. You can acquire Ranked Warzone Commendations from doing the Daily (100) and Weekly PvP (300) quests and (once you hit PvP Rank 40) by trading in 3xWarzone Commendations for 1xRated Warzone Commendations (from the PvP vendor on the fleet).

I still wish I had an exact match for my A-300 though :(.

If you want an exact color match to Two-Finger's Revenge and you aren't adverse to a little PvP, you can get the War Hero Field Medic's Blaster Pistol (click the links to confirm the color match).

They dropped the price in 1.4 of the War Hero Field Medic's Blaster Pistol to 2000 Ranked Warzone Commendations (and you no longer need to buy the Battlemaster Field Medic's Blaster to be able to purchase it).

Back in the day, (about 2 months ago :)), I was able to acquire both pistols over a period of 4 days (about 12 hours total) of PvP. It will probably take less time now as you no longer have to buy the Battlemaster Field Medic's Blaster. You can acquire Ranked Warzone Commendations from doing the Daily (100) and Weekly PvP (300) quests and (once you hit PvP Rank 40) by trading in 3xWarzone Commendations for 1xRated Warzone Commendations (from the PvP vendor on the fleet).

I still wish I had an exact match for my A-300 though :(.

Thanks for the tip!

I'll think about it. I'm not into PvP and don't much care for the thought of gimping my way through some PvP matches to try get this blaster. The information I have is that getting into ranked WZs requires a bit more than buying the basic PvP package, anyway.

Also, the 3D models TORhead uses appears to be some default placeholder, since the one for Two-Finger's Revenge does not actually match the blaster itself (compare the 3D model to the screenshot). In the end I think I'll just deal with it until the developers get in gear and finally figure out what they really want to do with the orange gear (edit: no pun intended).

Heck, armstech itself could still use a few tweaks. Considering the big blasters one can craft with armstech aren't that great and require 3 biometric alloys, they appear rather anemic compared to the Rakata quality gear armormechs can craft, for example.

Edited by Grinstone

• 1 month later...

Just wanted add my support for the OP's wonderful idea (and his damn fine suggestions on how to solve the problem :D). About to roll a Gunslinger, and can't wait to finish Chap 1 to get at least one of these smexy beasts...

Bumped and /signed!

P.S. - Someone from Moderation respond and submit this idea already! ;)

Just wanted add my support for the OP's wonderful idea (and his damn fine suggestions on how to solve the problem :D). About to roll a Gunslinger, and can't wait to finish Chap 1 to get at least one of these smexy beasts...

Bumped and /signed!

P.S. - Someone from Moderation respond and submit this idea already! ;)

Thanks for the support!

Hope never dies. ;)

I've actually found the Dark Nebula Heavy Blaster to look very similar, except for the unique sight and sound.

Actually, the Dark Nebula Heavy Blaster is more like Two Finger's Revenge with the scope and the bar beneath.

Not to mention that it is main hand only so no love for dual wielders yet again! Really Bioware?

• 1 month later...

Signed

Pull your finger out bioware no wonder your game is going down the gutter......all these requests and not a single official reply :/

And this is not the only thread on this subject there are numerous queries on and off this site.

Doesn't surprise me bioware have the worst customer service I have ever seen.

Edited by Mulloway

I'm personally saddened that they have added 2 new pistols via the Cartel Market, and both of them use models that are already generally available (the second pistol especially so).

Personally I think it would have made more sense to make the rare models available... like the A-300 or the Manhunter's Blaster or Flashy or even "Flashy with a barrel" (that you see NPCs using but no custom version is available)... but that's just me...

Hopefully someone who can make a difference will read this...

• 2 weeks later...