Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

why nerf a 3dps class


Slafer's Avatar


Slafer
11.06.2018 , 05:59 AM | #1
I know bioware is currently planning to nerf fury but i personally am not sure they should, the melee classes in a thread made by bioware last year are spouse to out preform in the dps department compared to range classes, based on there class balance target dps system, however the other reason i question this nerf is damage is the only spec options for a mara no tank and no heals so shouldnt they have the right to out dps the other classes if they cant throw out any heals or taunts, and lastly mara even when speced as fury can be beat, ive seen it done by sins, mercs, and juggs, I would like other peoples opinions on this
ROYAL VIP
Click my referral link below,
http://www.swtor.com/r/wwMHJP

Threjyan's Avatar


Threjyan
11.06.2018 , 11:27 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Slafer View Post
I know bioware is currently planning to nerf fury but i personally am not sure they should, the melee classes in a thread made by bioware last year are spouse to out preform in the dps department compared to range classes, based on there class balance target dps system, however the other reason i question this nerf is damage is the only spec options for a mara no tank and no heals so shouldnt they have the right to out dps the other classes if they cant throw out any heals or taunts, and lastly mara even when speced as fury can be beat, ive seen it done by sins, mercs, and juggs, I would like other peoples opinions on this
equal players, equal skill, equal conditions, equal gear, will never outparse fury - its designed like that atm.

fury is outperforming annihilation, which it shouldnt. fix your game please bw. how rude of you!

..The Path Of Excess Leads To The Tower Of Wisdom..

meddani's Avatar


meddani
11.06.2018 , 11:35 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Slafer View Post
I know bioware is currently planning to nerf fury
source?

Equeliber's Avatar


Equeliber
11.06.2018 , 11:49 AM | #4
First, there is no 100% info about what they are nerfing and if they are nerfing anything at all.

Second, Fury should absolutely be nerfed. It's not marauder's sustain DPS spec. Annihilation is. Fury is actually the only burst spec in the top 5-ish DPS specs. It's not ok, it should be brought down. And even if they do it, marauder will still be perfectly fine - people will just play Annihilation more. Anni by itself is perfectly good for most fights, if they nerf Fury, mara will still have a place in the meta. And it's not like they gotta kill Fury (sadly with nerfs they often overdo it but we'll see), even after nerfs it can still stay on a level of like, Deception.

Bonzenaattori's Avatar


Bonzenaattori
11.07.2018 , 03:04 PM | #5
make Ferocity and auto ability for marauder.
Fixed
EZ

DavidAtkinson's Avatar


DavidAtkinson
11.07.2018 , 10:44 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post
First, there is no 100% info about what they are nerfing and if they are nerfing anything at all.

Second, Fury should absolutely be nerfed. It's not marauder's sustain DPS spec. Annihilation is. Fury is actually the only burst spec in the top 5-ish DPS specs. It's not ok, it should be brought down. And even if they do it, marauder will still be perfectly fine - people will just play Annihilation more. Anni by itself is perfectly good for most fights, if they nerf Fury, mara will still have a place in the meta. And it's not like they gotta kill Fury (sadly with nerfs they often overdo it but we'll see), even after nerfs it can still stay on a level of like, Deception.
They 100% shouldn't nerf fury... or anything.

THey 100^% should nerf what they haven't nerfed since 5.0 came out. THose I win classes that you see dozens of them in every warzone and can basically self heal into oblivion despite being a dps class.

Deception is garabage after nerfs in this ranged meta. It's a meh spec... Marauder has been over nerfed already and has one good PVP Spec.

I always cringe at people asking for nerfs when they haven't got a clue about how other classes perform. And don't think about the consesquence.. At this point they'd have to either buff Anni..... If they nerf fury to be below Anni that would remove Marauders from the meta. No one plays Anni or Carnage because they aren't very good after being over nerfed because kiddo's couldn't handle a class with 3 viable specs for PVP.

Equeliber's Avatar


Equeliber
11.08.2018 , 04:16 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
They 100% shouldn't nerf fury... or anything.

THey 100^% should nerf what they haven't nerfed since 5.0 came out. THose I win classes that you see dozens of them in every warzone and can basically self heal into oblivion despite being a dps class.

Deception is garabage after nerfs in this ranged meta. It's a meh spec... Marauder has been over nerfed already and has one good PVP Spec.

I always cringe at people asking for nerfs when they haven't got a clue about how other classes perform. And don't think about the consesquence.. At this point they'd have to either buff Anni..... If they nerf fury to be below Anni that would remove Marauders from the meta. No one plays Anni or Carnage because they aren't very good after being over nerfed because kiddo's couldn't handle a class with 3 viable specs for PVP.
I am talking about purely DPS nerfs. If Fury loses like 400-500 DPS, it won't change anything in PvP. But in PvE it will Anni more desirable. And playing Carnage won't feel that bad.

DavidAtkinson's Avatar


DavidAtkinson
11.08.2018 , 09:00 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post
I am talking about purely DPS nerfs. If Fury loses like 400-500 DPS, it won't change anything in PvP. But in PvE it will Anni more desirable. And playing Carnage won't feel that bad.
I agree... if you're talking about PVE then they should buff Anni and carnage to what they were. Those nerfs were totally unneeded.. Same goes for Deception.

Curennos's Avatar


Curennos
11.09.2018 , 09:37 PM | #9
I'm just sitting here wondering why Fury has Bloody Slashes as its lv68 passive (which seems to basically be Deadly Saber but passive and slightly better), while Anni has pitiful 4.5 sec of 3% increased bleed damage.

Give Bloody Slashes/some variation to Anni, give Fury something else.

RikuvonDrake's Avatar


RikuvonDrake
11.09.2018 , 11:27 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
I agree... if you're talking about PVE then they should buff Anni and carnage to what they were. Those nerfs were totally unneeded.. Same goes for Deception.
Don't think you played back before carnage was nerfed, having the marauder burst spec also having the best sustain DPS didn't make any sense then and it doesn't make any sense to change it back.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango