Quick question about the event

Derfburger

To get to the Eternal level it simply says get one Republic character to 65, one Empire character to 65, and complete round 5 of the Eternal Championship.

So my question is do you even need to complete any of the other levels to unlock the companion? This seems much easier than worrying about all the other crap associated with some of the other levels (obviously some of the objectives like level a character to level 25 will be completed matter of course).

Just to note I am not a fan of this event at all thusly I am trying to figure out the easiest way to get the new companion (hopefully the Chiss) with the least amount of bother.

To get to the Eternal level it simply says get one Republic character to 65, one Empire character to 65, and complete round 5 of the Eternal Championship.

So my question is do you even need to complete any of the other levels to unlock the companion? This seems much easier than worrying about all the other crap associated with some of the other levels (obviously some of the objectives like level a character to level 25 will be completed matter of course).

Just to note I am not a fan of this event at all thusly I am trying to figure out the easiest way to get the new companion (hopefully the Chiss) with the least amount of bother.

You'll have to qualfiy for each tier below it to get it. It's the 5th level up, so you gotta complete the rest of the steps on the way up.

Thanks I suspected as much, just couldn't find anything stating if the levels are independent of each other or not. I appreciate the info. Now I can make an informed decision not to participate. :rak_03:

At least it isn't impossible, should ya change your mind.

One 65 on each side, then run each flashpoint at least once.

It's the people going for LEGENDARY that are gonna feel the pain :D

At least it isn't impossible, should ya change your mind.

One 65 on each side, then run each flashpoint at least once.

It's the people going for LEGENDARY that are gonna feel the pain :D

Oh I agree about the Legendary peeps feel bad for them.

I came back about a year ago after being away since 2012 or so. I only had one toon and she was a SW level 50 (max at the time I left) in the past year I have completed all 8 stories (plus a 2nd JK just to have a both AC for JK) and taken 3 characters through all the post 50 content. I just don't really have it in me to do all the extra requirements. I maybe could find it in me to level 2 characters to 65 but the other stuff been there done that a lot...

IDK might still give it a go been wanting a female BH to round out both AC for that class. Not sure what other class to go for on the 2ns go round.

Just hard to get enthused about this event for some reason.

You'll have to qualfiy for each tier below it to get it. It's the 5th level up, so you gotta complete the rest of the steps on the way up.

I believe someone said Eric mentioned this on his own personal twitter or something but has it been clarified here on the forums where the blog etc. is?

Was thinking poor form if not since barely anyone in the scheme of things would read Eric's twitter compared to blog linked to by the launcher.

BW communication skills strikes again. I can't find this written anywhere. Would love to see the link if you have it.

BW communication skills strikes again. I can't find this written anywhere. Would love to see the link if you have it.

Pulling it out of his ***, he is. Someone asked about it in the main thread, but the question was never answered (because Eric stopped posting before it was posted).

We have no idea at all, although we'll know in a day!

when I came back right around the time KOTFE was getting going.. I had one char worth anything.. a Sentinel that was at 50 (which was max when i stopped playing)..

I now have that char capped (and filtering through some content I missed, deliberately passed over to get main lines done) and finished chapter 14. I also made:

1) a Warrior (who is capped and through chapter 13.. definitely has a lot of side content to do if/when I feel like it),

2) a Shadow @ lev 64 working through SoR

3) an assassin @ lev 54 just finished the main pre-expansions storyline

4) a couple of throwaway chars (mid 20's agent and bounty hunter I wont miss, but need to get some gear off them into legacy vault before deleting for event)

What I'm likely to is:

a) start with another Sentinel (and while I'm tempted to just do main lines to get him/her capped and through content to move on to the next.. I'm also tempted to have each char take a little extra time and clear all the content on every planet) going full light

b) move to another Warrior (because dual wielding sabers is so much fun) going full dark and fully romancing Vette.. the first time around I romanced Jaesa..

c) figure out what to do on the fly after that.. I may finally decide to join a guild at some point ( im on Jedi Covenant for those wondering) and help others blast through content while marking off items on the bigger checklists along the way.. Though I at some point do want to do a full on dark side republic char and a full on light side Empire one.. thinking maybe light side Agent/dark side smuggler, wont know until it happens.

welp, I still have some prep work to do.. so see you all Tuesday on Tython

Pulling it out of his ***, he is. Someone asked about it in the main thread, but the question was never answered (because Eric stopped posting before it was posted).

We have no idea at all, although we'll know in a day!

Of course that doesn't mean you can't complete parts of other tiers before you actually finish entirely an early tier.

For example can you do the Revan story for valiant tier without having done the flashpoints in the legacy tier and still get credit for the Revan story?

Of course that doesn't mean you can't complete parts of other tiers before you actually finish entirely an early tier.

For example can you do the Revan story for valiant tier without having done the flashpoints in the legacy tier and still get credit for the Revan story?

Yes, you should be able to complete objectives from higher tiers before fully completing the lower tiers, you just won't earn the reward for the higher tier until you earn it for the lower tiers as well.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=886578

I know this has been complained about a million times, but why on earth do they insist on using twitter and FB for important information? They have a website for this game for a reason and most normal people would look there 1st for information.

Was thinking poor form if not since barely anyone in the scheme of things would read Eric's twitter compared to blog linked to by the launcher.

Perhaps ... but then again.. when have you ever seen an event or faction grind with different levels, where you were not required to do the lower levels to qualify for the upper levels, for reward purposes? Everyone I have ever seen is a level based progression in that to complete one level you had to complete the prior level(s).

Edited by Andryah