Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

People leaving wz is now out of control.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
People leaving wz is now out of control.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DasWsup's Avatar


DasWsup
02.17.2012 , 10:15 AM | #931
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodtau View Post
I will. I'll go off, make a drink, then requeue.
If the game is full of terrible players and bugs, i'll simply leave again.
and that's fine!

with the deserter buff chances are i will no longer run into your mentality every match now!

now it will be every 4th match! which is good enough for me!

which also will make you bored of waiting and instead of 1 hour it will take you 4 hours to do the same damage you did before.

all thanks to the deserter buff.
Ghetto Smurf - Mercenary
Prophecy of the five

richardya's Avatar


richardya
02.17.2012 , 10:15 AM | #932
Quote: Originally Posted by savionen View Post
I quit games.
......you know the reason I quit? Because my team is made of idiots. .
Or, you are delusional and don't realize that sometimes people lose, sometimes the other team is good, sometimes they are lucky, sometimes they have a better class make up.

Nangasaur's Avatar


Nangasaur
02.17.2012 , 10:16 AM | #933
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodtau View Post
I will. I'll go off, make a drink, then requeue.
If the game is full of terrible players and bugs, i'll simply leave again.
That's fine, and it's really the approach that habitual quitters should be taking.

Abandoning your team gives you a timeout from being able to abandon and handicap another team for a few matches. The penalty could be far worse, but it won't be. Use those 15 or 30 minutes to socialize with friends, make a drink, have a smoke, bio break, whatever. It'll be over before you know it. And so long as you keep that attitude, it'll probably go by a lot faster than deliberately AFK'ing in a match and pushing a button every 30 seconds or so to avoid getting kicked out. Talk about an incredibly boring and wasteful use of time.
Full-Time Beta Forums Tester
Spoiler

savionen's Avatar


savionen
02.17.2012 , 10:17 AM | #934
Quote: Originally Posted by richardya View Post
Or, you are delusional and don't realize that sometimes people lose, sometimes the other team is good, sometimes they are lucky, sometimes they have a better class make up.
That explains why 6 people can't hold a door on Voidstar.

I don't leave games that are close, or where there's competition, or where there's a chance we can come back. I leave when my team is filled with idiots who don't even go after the objective or there's no way we can come back in a 5-0 huttball game, with 10 minutes left, and it's 8vs6 because Bioware decided that we didn't need any more people on our team.

richardya's Avatar


richardya
02.17.2012 , 10:19 AM | #935
Quote: Originally Posted by drdarpa View Post
When the majority of the players do not match my effort early in the game, however, I am merely giving them the opportunity to get a person that will put forth the effort that they're putting forth.

So again I ask, why do you expect me to put forth the same effort you or another bad player refuse to put forth?
Because you are wrong. You only quit losing matches. You just blame everyone else. It's great that you stay for close matches, you are a real team guy. Most people don't have your character and leave when it's a 1 point match.

Can you babysit my kids to teach them values?

Nangasaur's Avatar


Nangasaur
02.17.2012 , 10:20 AM | #936
Quote: Originally Posted by richardya View Post
Keep leaving when you lose and blaming everyone else. Everytime you leave it is Biowares fault or your teammates. I bet you can't think of a possible other reason you could lose. I mean the Yankees would never lose to KC.

Dude, you lose sometimes, deal with it and stop blaming everyone else and quitting. On my server we have a nice mix of players. Within that group, there are some exceptional players. Guys who dominate. (I am not one of them) Those guys NEVER leave, never complain and never insult people, they are just good.
^ This.

I consider myself a middle-of-the-road player. Being permanently disabled in one arm, I just don't have the twitch skills of "pro" gamers. But I never quit.

And along those same lines, the most absolutely exceptional PVP'ers on our server, and we all know who they are (Anchorhead is my server), never quit out. Granted, they rarely lose, and it's obviously not my doing that causes them to lose 'cause I 99% of the time win with them. But when it is a losing match, even early on, they stick it out.

What it mostly boils down to - all things being equal - is players have no control over RNG and lag. Those two things right there can make the most dominant teams fail miserably. But it's also exceptionally humble to realize that no matter how good you are, there's always someone better.
Full-Time Beta Forums Tester
Spoiler

Bloodtau's Avatar


Bloodtau
02.17.2012 , 10:21 AM | #937
Quote: Originally Posted by DasWsup View Post
and that's fine!

with the deserter buff chances are i will no longer run into your mentality every match now!

now it will be every 4th match! which is good enough for me!

which also will make you bored of waiting and instead of 1 hour it will take you 4 hours to do the same damage you did before.

all thanks to the deserter buff.
When I do stay, I top damage charts, get medals AND try for the objective for wins.

As keeps being said, If the game wasn't buggy as crap, people wouldn't leave as much.

They fix this and make things actually fair, people would stay more.

richardya's Avatar


richardya
02.17.2012 , 10:22 AM | #938
Quote: Originally Posted by savionen View Post
That explains why 6 people can't hold a door on Voidstar.

I don't leave games that are close, or where there's competition, or where there's a chance we can come back. I leave when my team is filled with idiots
If only we had more people like you, I can't believe Bioware forces you to play with these idiots, total morons. Man, how do you deal with it bro? If I see anyone stupid I leave, if i see a missed pass I leave, if I see a guy lose a 1v1 I leave, if someone doesn't respond to an "inc" i leave.

You are a champ man but too nice, a person of your elite skill level should not put up with mediocrity.

Beachcomberb's Avatar


Beachcomberb
02.17.2012 , 10:23 AM | #939
Warzones need a leavers debuff quickly.

Daeborn's Avatar


Daeborn
02.17.2012 , 10:24 AM | #940
Had a group of Sith exploit last night by gaining control of two bases then have a few log off to win by default.