Why bother healing in warzones?

Dabrixmgp

yeah... no. They took that away from us.

And the sad thing was, before the nerf, every other person with biochem was getting 2.5K and 5K heal medals with medpacks too.

Lets just say there is a way for every single class to exit the spawn arena with less than 50% hp and immediately use the medpack to heal to full + instant 2 medals.

And no, it's not an exploit.

I remember seeing several people in the same guild doing this, I know what you're talking about. What do the medpacs heal now? 4.5k? Do you still get a medal for medpacs?

I'm not even a healer and it's obvious to me that healers need to be rewarded more. They are the most influential role, and they deserve more opportunities for medals.

12 medals in Alderaan? No problem, I'll average that over 5 games as a DPS. Healer? Try 8. Everyone *loves* healers, so encourage people to actually heal in warzones with more rewards, instead of going the complete opposite direction and gimping their progression.

As an overpowered Sith Sorcerer Corruption spec (Healer)...I get at least 6 medals per games. When I play with my guys I get the 300k healing and 75k damage. I can take out people who have around the same gear as me. Learn your class, you'll get the medals. On my server people give medals to the top medal guy...but that's why you have to make some friends in warzones and make your team recognize your skills.

Seriously thinking of unsubscribing because of the QQ

As an overpowered Sith Sorcerer Corruption spec (Healer)...I get at least 6 medals per games. When I play with my guys I get the 300k healing and 75k damage. I can take out people who have around the same gear as me. Learn your class, you'll get the medals. On my server people give medals to the top medal guy...but that's why you have to make some friends in warzones and make your team recognize your skills.

Seriously thinking of unsubscribing because of the QQ

But as a DPS I can get payed for my skills w/o having to have a bunch of friends vote for me.

As a DPS or tank player I can get payed w/o having a team there, as a healer you need the team to recognize what you do or you don't get paid.

If my team is sucking and I'm healing my brains out but they don't kill anybody I get nothing for it. If my team is sucking and I go kill a bunch of people myself or guard up a storm while I huck corpses I get payed.

This is the problem.

Yeah, there were some times (though not nearly every time) that a level 50 healer would out-heal/damage, it's true. It can be hard to compete when you are still a lowbie. Maybe it'll be different now that they are off in their own bracket, I dunno. But they don't usually get MVP votes either. On my server, at least, people tend to give MVP to tanks or to whoever has the most damage.

As a healing operative, I don't know exactly what noble sacrifice is, but I think you are trying to imply that I am more interested in the scoreboard than I am in actually healing, even though I think it's fairly apparent that I'm not. If I were, I wouldn't care about conserving energy for healing when it's needed, even when I know it means I could end up with less medals at the end of the game. I would heal myself and maybe one other person now and then, and then I'd focus on getting my damage medals knocked out in every single game, win or lose.

Noble sacrifice is the ability for sages to sacrifice HP for Force. I was not implying that you did it or cared more about the scoreboard etc.

I simply meant that people wont give you MVP votes if all you have done to get high in healing is stand around and sacrifice/heal yourself. They will only vote on the healers that they have seen heal/rescue you etc.

Throwing one or two DoT's help.

Jedi Sage Ex:

Sever Force

Instant

Cooldown: 9 seconds

Force: 20

Range: 30m

Weakens the target, freezing it in place for 2 seconds and dealing 1204 internal damage over 18 seconds.

Weaken Mind

Instant

Force: 35

Weakens the target's mind, dealing 1032 internal damage over 15 seconds.

The big question is: Do Bubbles generate Protection Score? If so, just throw more bubbles.

I play a vanguard and am almost always 4+ medals simply because of protection score.

Jedi Sage Ex:

Sever Force

Instant

Weakens the target, freezing it in place for 2 seconds and dealing 1204 internal damage over 18 seconds.

Weaken Mind

Instant

The big question is: Do Bubbles generate Protection Score? If so, just throw more bubbles.

I play a vanguard and am almost always 4+ medals simply because of protection score.

Bubbles count as healing. A healer class generally has no way of getting protection medals, though with med packs no longer counting for the 'big heal' medals, classes that can protect generally has no way of getting heal medals so it balances out.

Bubbles count as healing. A healer class generally has no way of getting protection medals, though with med packs no longer counting for the 'big heal' medals, classes that can protect generally has no way of getting heal medals so it balances out.

Bubbles are considered heals? Interesting.

The other problem with this is that healers have stopped healing in wz.

I am a tank, and if a healer tags up with me we can run roughshod all over civil war and voidstar. But now they won't heal because the get low medals and I don't blame them

Edited by ActionAce

Jedi Sage Ex:

Sever Force

Instant

Weaken Mind

Instant

A heal (Seer) spec sage won't have Sever force. Only a full 31 point Balance DPS spec Sage is going to have that.

Just had a guy with 256k healing on our team and he got 2 medals. I did around that much damage and had 7. Can someone tell me the point of being a healer?

I had the same experience with my sage healer and got tired of only getting 4 medals, rerolling a smuggler for those 10-12 medals per game.

Just had a guy with 256k healing on our team and he got 2 medals. I did around that much damage and had 7. Can someone tell me the point of being a healer?

Because playing a warzone isn't all about getting medals. It's about having fun, playing your role on the team, and by doing so your objective is to help the team win in any way you can. It's like a sport. You could have the "professional" attitude and think... well if I'm not getting paid then why should I play? But what about high school? You play because you enjoy the game. What do you get out of it? Maybe a few dates... maybe a few broken bones or torn ligaments... maybe a ticket to the big leagues in the future... but most of all, you get enjoyment.

If your attitude is that you shouldn't heal in PvP, even though you are a healer, because you're not getting as many medals as you think you deserve... then maybe you just shouldn't PvP at all, because you have an entirely terrible attitude about it.

Because playing a warzone isn't all about getting medals. It's about having fun, playing your role on the team, and by doing so your objective is to help the team win in any way you can. It's like a sport. You could have the "professional" attitude and think... well if I'm not getting paid then why should I play? But what about high school? You play because you enjoy the game. What do you get out of it? Maybe a few dates... maybe a few broken bones or torn ligaments... maybe a ticket to the big leagues in the future... but most of all, you get enjoyment.

If your attitude is that you shouldn't heal in PvP, even though you are a healer, because you're not getting as many medals as you think you deserve... then maybe you just shouldn't PvP at all, because you have an entirely terrible attitude about it.

Ya, you should be thankfull you get to heal for twice as many matches as the people you are healing play before you get the same rewards they do.

If it's all for funsies then no one should get points. Since it isn't how about just a fair distribution of those points then?

How melodramatic. The fact is this is easily fixed. It's not like it would exhaust Biowares resources to revise this.

I've been healing as a Sawbone Scoundrel and I'd say that I average around 4-6 medals per game. It varies a bit on game modes and such (Defender medals and whatnot).

Because I play I scoundrel I might have a slight bit easier time to get the kill medals (I'm not sure since I haven't done any healing as the other two) by chucking out a granade into a group of imps every now and then to tag them.

Also when lucky I might be able to pick up at 2.5k hit with shoot first if I'm lucky, though that doesn't happend all too often. Sneaking in and picking off a single person to get the killing blow isn't all too difficult in most warzones and can often be done in the first few minutes.

But the real reason to why I am healing is simply because I enjoy it. I can see how I would enjoy playing a DPS spec too, but knowing that my healing could very much just tip the match into our favor and even winning it is something that really encourages me to continue doing it. I tend to get 2-3 MVP votes, doesn't matter too much to me. But fair amount of people are starting to recognise me and that's good enough for me.

How much I end up getting total healing varies a lot. I have gone from only around 120k up to 462k and not a single death. (Though that was one rather odd Voidstar) but in the end, it all comes back to one thing, what I enjoy doing.

And I'm not in a huge hurry to have some more medals thrown in or some changes to how it works for the healers at the moment, I would rather see them spend their time and resources on other things at the time being.

Edited by Equim