Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Please rework the Ranked Rating System

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please rework the Ranked Rating System

TheUnderThunder's Avatar


TheUnderThunder
08.20.2019 , 09:12 AM | #11
What are you talking about ? This is a SR match, I should know I was the masked out healer.

begemotamus's Avatar


begemotamus
08.20.2019 , 09:45 PM | #12
Said this before...ELO system does not work for Solo Ranked, too many ways to exploit and manipulate the queue. Your rating is a measure of luck and/or covert guile.

The ELO system should be scrapped from Solo Ranked in lieu of something more sensible.

As for matchmaking, the current system is horrendous compared to the previous one (which everyone complained about). Everytime BW update the matchmaking system, they make it worse. Be wary of asking for more changes!
I may be wrong...

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
08.20.2019 , 10:11 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by begemotamus View Post
As for matchmaking, the current system is horrendous compared to the previous one (which everyone complained about). Everytime BW update the matchmaking system, they make it worse. Be wary of asking for more changes!
Incorrect. The current matchmaking system is much better than the previous matchmaking system. The old one frequently stacked teams in favor of high rated players. The current one tries to make the fairest matches possible. As others have pointed out, it's just a population problem at this point.

Delani's Avatar


Delani
08.20.2019 , 11:26 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
Incorrect. The current matchmaking system is much better than the previous matchmaking system. The old one frequently stacked teams in favor of high rated players. The current one tries to make the fairest matches possible. As others have pointed out, it's just a population problem at this point.
Yea, hopefully 6.0 can fix that

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
08.21.2019 , 01:11 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
As others have pointed out, it's just a population problem at this point.
Yes, this is indeed the problem, if you had a big pool of players in the que the matches would look differently. Since there is not much to chose from you get matches like the OP mentiones and also it makes wintrading/sync que very easy as its enough to have 3 people and they can help 1 player.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015

Metthew's Avatar


Metthew
08.27.2019 , 07:59 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TheUnderThunder View Post
What are you talking about ? This is a SR match, I should know I was the masked out healer.
Are you sure your healer's rating / play was so bad that both tank and DPS were high rated to balance the game?

On a more serious note, removing ranked would just kill whatever little remains of the PVP scene. I know I'd just quit the game for good over it.
Erhart / Wilhemine | Darth Malgus | <Take a Seat>