Major Revan confusion here.

CJ_SAX_MAN

Start about about 7:25, He is mentioning that Revan wanted domination before he even encountered the Emperor. From what I read that is not right, can someone clarify, I was told he was a bit corrupt but her turned evil when the emperor got into him and Malaks' minds.

Start about about 7:25, He is mentioning that Revan wanted domination before he even encountered the Emperor. From what I read that is not right, can someone clarify, I was told he was a bit corrupt but her turned evil when the emperor got into him and Malaks' minds.

It was made clear the Mando Wars definitely changes something about Revan, at least the novel and a lot of quotes and stuff in-game imply this and I believe it was outright stated at one point.

Revan clearly was affected and touched by the Dark Side during and after the war but it was the Emperor who completely corrupted him and turned him into a puppet.

I don't think there's any real problem at all in the Revan story.

In the KOTOR comics, he was a Jedi speaking out against the Order on principled grounds. He did not want any more people to suffer just because his bosses were--to him--either cowards, unprincipled, or both.

He and Alek (Malak) take off and fight the war for a number of years, and it changes him. You know how sometimes you talk to guys who have been deployed in Afghanistan or Iraq, and they have zero hesitation or moral qualms about saying things like 'bunch of animals', 'just bomb 'em all', and that sort of thing? That's the sort of man Revan had become by the end of the war.

And of course, it all culminated at Malachor V. The last of his Jedi-protect-all morality was gone, and he was set on a course of victory at any cost. So he ordered the use of the Mass Shadow Generator, destroyed a world, and wiped out most of the Mandalorians and many of his own people alike--because he had to end the war, no matter the cost.

But in his final one-on-one battle with Mandalore, he learnt that the Mandalorians had been little more than a vanguard. He learnt that they had been tricked by the Sith somewhere out in unknown space--Sith who were supposed to have been extinct for over a thousand years.

Even though he was a harder, less-than-Jedi man at this point, he was still loyal to the Republic. So he and Malak set out to find the mysterious threat. Eventually they found Dromund Kaas, and believed they'd bribed their way into the Emperor's Citadel. But they were betrayed and defeated. And because both Revan and Malak were already on a dark path, it was easy for the Emperor to twist them into instruments of his will.

Revan and Malak then returned to Republic space, discovered the Star Forge maps (and eventually the Star Forge itself), and launched the Jedi Civil War (Knights of the Old Republic 1).

He gets captured, mindwiped, and becomes a Jedi again and defeats the Sith under Malak. In the original KOTOR period, Revan is essentially just Darth Vader plus a mind wipe.

Edited by DigiFluid

In the KOTOR comics, he was a Jedi speaking out against the Order on principled grounds. He did not want any more people to suffer just because his bosses were--to him--either cowards, unprincipled, or both.

He and Alek (Malak) take off and fight the war for a number of years, and it changes him. You know how sometimes you talk to guys who have been deployed in Afghanistan or Iraq, and they have zero hesitation or moral qualms about saying things like 'bunch of animals', 'just bomb 'em all', and that sort of thing? That's the sort of man Revan had become by the end of the war.

And of course, it all culminated at Malachor V. The last of his Jedi-protect-all morality was gone, and he was set on a course of victory at any cost. So he ordered the use of the Mass Shadow Generator, destroyed a world, and wiped out most of the Mandalorians and many of his own people alike--because he had to end the war, no matter the cost.

But in his final one-on-one battle with Mandalore, he learnt that the Mandalorians had been little more than a vanguard. He learnt that they had been tricked by the Sith somewhere out in unknown space--Sith who were supposed to have been extinct for over a thousand years.

Even though he was a harder, less-than-Jedi man at this point, he was still loyal to the Republic. So he and Malak set out to find the mysterious threat. Eventually they found Dromund Kaas, and believed they'd bribed their way into the Emperor's Citadel. But they were betrayed and defeated. And because both Revan and Malak were already on a dark path, it was easy for the Emperor to twist them into instruments of his will.

Revan and Malak then returned to Republic space, discovered the Star Forge maps (and eventually the Star Forge itself), and launched the Jedi Civil War (Knights of the Old Republic 1).

He gets captured, mindwiped, and becomes a Jedi again and defeats the Sith under Malak. In the original KOTOR period, Revan is essentially just Darth Vader plus a mind wipe.

One of my best friends was in the army and had to deal with Afghanistan and Iraq. So I totally understand what you are talking about. If he ever got jumped somewhere, he wouldn't just beat the guy off him, he'd either knife em or shoot em without a second thought. Hell for that matter, he'd shoot someone's head off right there if they tried to hurt anyone he cared about, and he wouldn't hesitate at all.

He had it pretty rough over there, every fellow soldier he grew close to would get killed by an I.E.D. (if that is the right abbreviation, their damn booby trap bombs). He would lose the guys above him and have to take command of his group many times. One time had to kill a small group of insurgents by himself cause apparently the guys with him, were too scared to raise up and shoot and stayed ducked in cover. Which I wasn't there so I won't judge. sometimes you have to think about self preservation, my buddy was just brave and pulled some really daring stuff, and luckily lived through it. Despite the various injuries he has now.

He was already nearly dark side because of the Mandalorian Wars.The Emperor finished the conversion.

He was already nearly dark side because of the Mandalorian Wars.The Emperor finished the conversion.

Kind of strange though, many people on the republic side talk about what a hero he was, they don't talk about him going and mercilessly and brutally killing Mandalorians while enjoying it, etc... I believe there was also some mandalorian chile that had gotten caught in a battle and when they found her, Revan chose to spare her (maybe I am confusing a whole other EU story). Not to mention Jedi who were close to him talked about how deep and strong he was in the lightside.

Kind of strange though, many people on the republic side talk about what a hero he was

Cuz he wiped out the mandalorians...

Sometimes I think people just don't get it. Revan went out to fight the Mando's, came back to the republic after winning and said "Ya know what? You guys do suck." and started wiping out Republic forces.

It's really that simple.

very well put it, exactly what happen regarding Revan and Malak.

Cuz he wiped out the mandalorians...

Sometimes I think people just don't get it. Revan went out to fight the Mando's, came back to the republic after winning and said "Ya know what? You guys do suck." and started wiping out Republic forces.

It's really that simple.

No when he come back he was on under teh influence of the Sith emperor, he and malak both. So it wasnt because he didnt agree with the republic, Both malak and revan were brainwashed by The sith emperor, pretty much like The empirial guard is.

however Both revan and malak were strong enough to break some of the influence in their minds, and thought they were doing all that for themselfs.

Edited by Spartanik