Money gone?

Marrkos

Hey folks, I have a slight problem, I used to play a game for several months last year and for all that time I was subscibed, I decided to stop playing for a while and I unsubscbribed, but I put all my money in legacy storage, now I came back, subbed again but the storage is completely empty, no money at all, ZERO. Is there any way I can get it back?

Is there any way I can get it back?

That depends upon how it was lost.

It might be as simple as the money being in "escrow" and you just need to log back in to get it, or in some other manor to remove it from escrow. When you are F2P or preferred, which you would be when you weren't subbed, any extra credits over your character's limit go into escrow. This might include credits in your Legacy Storage. (I don't know, but surely, someone here does. :) )

It could be that someone got into your account and stole it. In which case there's probably not much you can do about it.

It could be that it actually glitched. Contacting CS is about the only thing you can do. (They might even be able to recover it if it was stolen.)

That depends upon how it was lost.

It might be as simple as the money being in "escrow" and you just need to log back in to get it, or in some other manor to remove it from escrow. When you are F2P or preferred, which you would be when you weren't subbed, any extra credits over your character's limit go into escrow. This might include credits in your Legacy Storage. (I don't know, but surely, someone here does. :) )

It could be that someone got into your account and stole it. In which case there's probably not much you can do about it.

It could be that it actually glitched. Contacting CS is about the only thing you can do. (They might even be able to recover it if it was stolen.)

And how can I see how much money I have in escrow? I am not exactly familiar with that

And how can I see how much money I have in escrow? I am not exactly familiar with that

Open your character's inventory (default is the i key) and select the Currency tab. Near the bottom it will tell you your total escrow amount.

However, this doesn't affect your legacy storage currency, so it's weird that nothing is showing up there. Don't forget to check your mail for any unread messages with credits.

Open your character's inventory (default is the i key) and select the Currency tab. Near the bottom it will tell you your total escrow amount.

However, this doesn't affect your legacy storage currency, so it's weird that nothing is showing up there. Don't forget to check your mail for any unread messages with credits.

I have nothing showing up in the inventory-currency tab, Ive checked online how its suppose to look like and I have nothing there. Ive got no e-mails regarding SWTOR for a long time, especially not regarding my ingame credits. I am just completely confused as where the money could have left...

I have nothing showing up in the inventory-currency tab, Ive checked online how its suppose to look like and I have nothing there. Ive got no e-mails regarding SWTOR for a long time, especially not regarding my ingame credits. I am just completely confused as where the money could have left...

Not a 100% positive, but I think the Escrow option only shows in your inventory tab if you're preferred or free to play. If you're a subscriber, it shouldn't be there, at least it's not on mine. The other thing to check out if you still can't find your monies, is to check each and every character you have on your account. Maybe you placed the credits on an alt? If nothing still, you'll probably have to submit a ticket, although I see a reimbursement a tough sell to customer service.

What was it? Poker night? Bachelor party?

As far as credits and subscribed versus preferred status, NOTHING changes with respect to credits stored in the legacy bank.

Upon logging in for the first time on a character as preferred after previously being a subscriber, any credits in that character's currency balance over the cap will move to escrow on that character (and there will be a chat message stating something like 'XXXXXX credits moved to escrow'.

Upon logging in for the first time on a character as a subscriber after previously being preferred, all credits in escrow on that character will move to that character's currency balance (and again there will be a chat message to that effect with the amount shown).

At any time while preferred, the amount in escrow on any character is view-able under the currency tab in the inventory panel.

Baring a really weird bug or the OPs account being hacked, the most likely explanation is the OP did not actually have any (or the amount of) credits in their legacy bank and / or is checking the wrong legacy (server) and / or the wrong character (credits were on a specific character, not in the legacy bank).

And good luck filing a support ticket with 'I think I had some money but it's gone'.

Edited by DawnAskham

The other thing to check out if you still can't find your monies, is to check each and every character you have on your account.

Good point. I don't know that much about F2P/Preferred escrow, etc, but check the character who originally put the credits in the Legacy bank (if it's a different character). The credits may have gone from Legacy Storage, to escrow, and back to the character who deposited them when you re-subbed.

Edited by JediQuaker

Did it used to last year? I don't remember. I know they made some changes to F2P and escrow a couple of months ago. Perhaps his creds went into escrow before those changes came.

Did it used to last year? I don't remember. I know they made some changes to F2P and escrow a couple of months ago. Perhaps his creds went into escrow before those changes came.

The thing is, the OP has subbed. As soon as they subbed their escrow should have returned to the character**, and they should not have a display of any escrow amount.

But as I suggested in my last post, I don't know what happens to credits in the Legacy bank. They probably go to escrow when you go Preferred (as the OP would be while away), but who do they go to when you re-sub?

** I had a brief time last year (only a couple of days) when I was switched to Preferred because of a credit card glitch. As soon as the glitch was fixed, I went back to being subbed and the escrow credits were returned automatically.

Edited by JediQuaker

The thing is, the OP has subbed. As soon as they subbed their escrow should have returned to the character**, and they should not have a display of any escrow amount.

But as I suggested in my last post, I don't know what happens to credits in the Legacy bank. They probably go to escrow when you go Preferred (as the OP would be while away), but who do they go to when you re-sub?

** I had a brief time last year (only a couple of days) when I was switched to Preferred because of a credit card glitch. As soon as the glitch was fixed, I went back to being subbed and the escrow credits were returned automatically.

Credits in the legacy bank do not go into escrow, only credits in an individual character's currency tab, which are returned to that character the first time that character is logged into while in subscriber status.

The individual character credit limits still apply, which means using excess credits stored in the legacy bank while preferred may be challenging (lots of small purchases) or impossible if the item costs more than a million credits.

Unless the OP was hacked, the OP is most likely incorrectly remembering where they stored their credits or the amount of credits stored.

Edited by DawnAskham

I can only speak from personal experience, but I had multiple millions in my legacy back which remained in legacy storage when I returned after being away for many years.

And now that I'm preferred again, the legacy storage credits are still complete. They do not pass into your escrow. In fact, it's impossible for them to do so.

Let's say you have 300,000 credits on a character. The game will literally not let you withdraw more than 700,000. Not 700,001. Not 1 million. You can't withdraw any amount over the 1 mil escrow cap.

However, if you had 37 million on your character when going preferred, then 36 million would go into THAT CHARACTER's escrow. If you put those 37 million in the legacy bank? You can withdraw 1 mil at a time without ever going over escrow. In other words, it's always a good idea to pool credits from your alts in the legacy bank before going preferred.