imersion breaking please address!

Konta_Takuto

Casual Combatant Vest for males is bugged, Somehow the male version of this set looks exactly like the females with skin showing... O_O

Now this has to be a bug because its really immersion breaking as I can't realistically see any male (Real life or any other galaxy) deciding to wake up and just slip on a vest or jacket without a shirt under it.....Imagine in real life all the big businessmen at Bioware go into work wearing sports suit jackets without a dress shirt underneath it.

And Bioware if you designed this armor set to look this way for both males and females, then I challenge everyone who works for bioware to support your crazy ideal of what you think people dress like, to make a statement at work and stand by it...Go into your closet pull out your suit coat and just slip it on your bare skin don't even button it up and go into work like that......Or maybe after the first like 10 seconds of gazing at yourself in your house in the mirror of wearing that suit jacket with no shirt...you will realize how silly you look and go put on a shirt, and patch this could be wonderful armor set to look like how it should

What Bioware thinks businessmen wear to work

Example 1

Example 2

What real businessmen actually wear to work

Donald Trump

Bill Gates

Kevin O'leary

Lastly I am all for skimpy armor sets but in the right taste. When you take a good looking armor set that players have been dieing to get their hands on for an adaptive version of it since launch, and cut it up in your "wicked fashion sense" is when I have a problem. The name also throws you off at least with an armor set named Slave Girl We at least know what to expect.

EDIT:Also a question to add, Are you really getting this many requests for skimpy armors, that you feel the need to continue pumping out these skimpy armor sets? Are people really that desperate that they need to result to looking at toon poon all day? Because personally I have not seen any player use any of the skimpy armor sets for quite some time....For companions yes! I see so many Kira's and Nadia's dressed in Slave Girl outfits but Female and Male players they don't wear them. I just don't think companions is a good enough reason to justify producing multiple skimpy armor sets....Someone needs to stand up for them being abused by their owners dressing them that way and going to Hoth

Edited by CommunityDroidEU

Not sure if trolling...

Nope I assure you I am not trolling, as almost all armor sets appear different from males and females....this one does not therefore it must be a bug an example

Female

Male

Therefore my post has legitimate claim to query it as a bug report, mind you I threw some dirt on it in case bioware purposely made this set this way. Using logical thinking of "what if" businessmen didn't wear shirts under their suit...

Edited by Konta_Takuto

Not that I'll use it, but many folks have been hollering for skimpy male outfits for quite some time.

You think nobody wants to wear a vest with no shirt underneath in real life? You need more life experience, my friend. Try visiting any city on the west coast during summertime. It ain't common but it's certainly not unheard-of.

Plus, this is Star Wars in the middle of a galactic war, not a workday in 2014 in Poughkeepsie, NY. People's fashion sense may differ slightly, as it's in a galaxy far, far away.

For what it's worth, the male version of that armor looks like it was designed that way. I really doubt this is a bug.

Edited by Fidelicatessen

You think nobody wants to wear a vest with no shirt underneath in real life? You need more life experience, my friend. Try visiting any city on the west coast during summertime. It ain't common but it's certainly not unheard-of.

I always love it when someone who disagrees with you they say "I am right your wrong get more exposure in life blah blah I am so deep I have exposed myself in variety of cultures"

2 problems actually 3

1.You know nothing about me.

2.You do not know where I live.

3. Were not friends

Forget what I said about the businessmen wearing jackets without shirts....lets take a step back and think about TRUE Star Wars and JUST Star Wars for a minuet (and not some silly clone wars cartoon series) lets think classic trilogy. Luke he wore variations of outfits all of them being long sleeve with no skin showing, exception the Dagobah training outfit. Or how about Han Solo Could have been real easy for George Lucas to say "Hey Harrison give me your shirt and keep the vest on.....*licks his lips* mmmm yeah that's it now tell me the odds of you coming back to skywalker ranch with me"

Here is picture reference of Luke on hot Tatootine in long sleeves

How about Anakin and Padame also on HOT Tatootine Padame looks like she would be roasting in that

So A little background about Tatooine, it is a desert planet sand pit with very few trees providing shade and it has 2 suns (tatoo 1 and tatoo 2) so in other words extremely hot, and very hard to find shade and water...So on one of the hottest planets you would think they would dress up like its a beach day! but they don't most likely cause the suns would burn their exposed skin even if they did use bantha fodder as sunscreen.

Now some might argue "oh well the game takes place 3000 years before the movies, back then in the old republic clothes didn't exist blah blah" Well contrary to what you guys say Tatooine is apart of the game and running around shirtless on it would burn your skin to a crisp, therefore clothes specifically long sleeve clothes must have existed...not to mention no NPC on Tatooine wears short sleeves or has skin exposed to my knowledge.

So back to my original statement of the title of this topic, these armors breaking immersion. It is absolutely true and this is just one planet's environment...we could bring this same argument up about Hoth. So even though these armors may be requested it has little to nothing to do with Star Wars nor does it fit with lore even 3000 years before movies lore. Therefore to me it appears as an immersion breaking BUG

Edited by Konta_Takuto

So back to my original statement of the title of this topic, these armors breaking immersion. It is absolutely true and this is just one planet's environment...we could bring this same argument up about Hoth. So even though these armors may be requested it has little to nothing to do with Star Wars nor does it fit with lore even 3000 years before movies lore. Therefore to me it appears as an immersion breaking BUG

Maybe we should first have a discussion about the definition of a bug and of personal taste? Just wondering. Because this? This is not a bug. It may be immersion breaking to you, but it's not a bug when it's working as intended.

Maybe we should first have a discussion about the definition of a bug and of personal taste? Just wondering. Because this? This is not a bug. It may be immersion breaking to you, but it's not a bug when it's working as intended.

It is an immersion breaking bug....regardless of opinions we don't know if this is or is not supposed to be this way therefore my bug report has legitimate claim in inquiring if it is supposed to be this way...since every other armor set in the game has two variations for males and females, it is safe to assume it is a bug

and in the meantime we don't know til we get it confirmed if it was supposed to be designed this way or not (confirmed by an actual dev and not just YOU or any other player who wants skimpy armor)

we have two variations of Ambitious Warrior set (A set that came out in the same cartel pack) one for females and one for males.....so one would assume this set would also have two variations, as much as you think I'm complaining about personal taste I am not...I am using logical thinking and saying "gee two variations for every other armor set why does this one not have two variations."

Edited by Konta_Takuto

Clue is in the name "Casual" - it's not bugged and is supposed to look like that.

So let me get this straight, if its casual Friday at your work place you would wear something like that?

And no we don't know if its supposed to look like that, here is my earlier reference

Female

Male

So the "clue" as you call it would be ambitious, and apparently the word ambitious translate to skimpy in Star War universe...Because the female version of this not only is missing the undershirt but the female version is also showing cleavage, yet for the male version it does neither.

So with that in mind we have no idea if it was meant to be this way or not and there is no clue word. "Casual" if anything should mean armor that isn't made out of Durasteel, because its not "Casual" its "Casual combatant" if it said "Casual lounge vest" Or something of that nature then I wouldn't suspect this being a bug

Edited by Konta_Takuto

No, actually, if you look at the history of the gear that has come from the Cartel Market, Bioware is making the move towards more revealing clothing. The gear you're referencing already existed in the game prior to the Cartel Market - hence the appearance. The Casual armour you're so incensed by is a new model design based on an existing armour - the female version of it that exists as a mob drop is not so revealing. It is a new design. It is supposed to be so revealing.

Some call it "gear equality". For a while now, there have been those in the playerbase calling for armours to have the same appearance on female characters as male. This is as a result of that.

So let me get this straight, if its casual Friday at your work place you would wear something like that?

According to your sexism, it's perfectly fine for me to roll up to work in a sports bra and shorts, but not for my husband. Nice one.

Edited by Tatile

I had no idea Warrior and Business man were in any way the same thing. If you think that a melee combatant would never go into combat with exposed skin, I might suggest you look up Gladiators.

Speaking of Gladiators, look what I just found, straight from the Lore videos pre TOR release, say hello to the previous Mandalore.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090704111819/starwars/images/thumb/9/94/Great_War_Mandalore_gladiator.jpg/830px-Great_War_Mandalore_gladiator.jpg

Edited by LordGarmaZabi

This is a bit different, the background shows Mandalore in some sort of arena...I imagine there would not be blasters aloud and would be mostly a melee fight with fists/vibroblades. Not saying Mandalore couldn't have been killed in this arena, just that this seems like it is a controlled environment, Where as warzones are not. As we know from previous installments of KOTOR, Canderous (former mandalore) never wore anything like this in battles within warzones on planets.

Fair enough, he was a gladiator at the time, however, I have a few more examples.

http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1005/4725616161_d65371efac_o.jpg

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100810063239/starwars/images/a/a2/StryfeTalon.jpg

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/7/71878/1259204-dsionkorriban.jpg

I am not saying skimpy armors cant exist within the realm of Star Wars.

Lastly I am all for skimpy armor sets but in the right taste.

This thread is not a debate about skimpy armors and whether they can or cannot exist within star wars, As this has already been proven that it can in Star Wars episode 6 with Leia in the Slave Outfit, So therefore George Lucas himself made that clear that skimpy can and does exist in the realm of Star Wars....This thread is to inquire if this specific armor set for males was supposed to be identical to the female

Because lets take a reference that you used Darth Sion...His Armor set was released but GUESS WHAT? they appear totally different for males and females!

Female

Male

Therefore yet again I have enough reason to suspect this being a bug as the set appears completely identical for females and males

Edited by Konta_Takuto

I am not saying skimpy armors cant exist within the realm of Star Wars.

This thread is not a debate about skimpy armors and whether they can or cannot exist within star wars, As this has already been proven that it can in Star Wars episode 6 with Leia in the Slave Outfit, So therefore George Lucas himself made that clear that skimpy can exist in the realm of Star Wars....This thread is to inquire if this specific armor set for males was supposed to be identical to the female

Because lets take a reference that you used Darth Sion...His Armor set was released but GUESS WHAT? they appear totally different for males and females!

Female

Male

Therefore yet again I have enough reason to suspect this being a bug as the set appears completely identical for females and males

Your original post referenced it as "Immersion Breaking" for males to wear that version of the outfit, based on that, I assumed you thought that male outfits of the sort were out of place in the lore, I was merely providing evidence that it wasn't. My apologies if I was mistaken. The only difference between the male and female set is the chest coverings, which they would have to change to avoid the game getting an M rating. Going back to your OP, there aren't even that many skimped outfits, even in the new packs, maybe 1 in 10 are like that.

Your original post referenced it as "Immersion Breaking" for males to wear that version of the outfit, based on that, I assumed you thought that male outfits of the sort were out of place in the lore, I was merely providing evidence that it wasn't. My apologies if I was mistaken. The only difference between the male and female set is the chest coverings, which they would have to change to avoid the game getting an M rating. Going back to your OP, there aren't even that many skimped outfits, even in the new packs, maybe 1 in 10 are like that.

As for breaking immersion I still feel for me it is breaking immersion middle of a great war and you see a jedi shadow running around slicing people up in a Slave Girl outfit, it doesn't make sense to ME and breaks immersion for ME. Hence why I said all for skimpy outfits in good taste...my OP was what I thought all in good fun, referencing something in real life and what I suspect bioware would do if they could design suits for businessmen, it wasn't well received apparently. So I am sorry for taking it out of context the whole businessmen suit thing wasn't even a good reference in comparison.

Obviously I understand the reason why the devs would need to give females a chest covering...But why with previous sets that have been in the game since launch such as Aspiring Knight set in synthweaving craft have two variations that differ entirely?

Male

Female

It makes you wonder why they changed the set so drastically on either side of the spectrum for females or for males. Which one is the original design of the armor set? and which one did they drastically change females or males? and for what reason? Was males Aspiring Knight set supposed to resemble female? Or was Females supposed to resemble Males? Or were they both supposed to look the same? my thoughts on that last question are no they weren't

Considering that they released the same armor set called Ambitious Warrior just in an adaptive version of it, and they did not change the Male set to be identical to Female or vice versa, it leads me to believe the set was supposed to have two variations...Which is why I believe Casual Combatant Vest was not designed to be identical but rather two variations such as Ambitious Warrior....I could be wrong

Nope I assure you I am not trolling

Then you must be joking.

As for breaking immersion I still feel for me it is breaking immersion middle of a great war and you see a jedi shadow running around slicing people up in a Slave Girl outfit, it doesn't make sense to ME and breaks immersion for ME.

Then don't put your characters in outfits you find are immersion breaking to you.

/thread

Edited by branmakmuffin

Then you must be joking.

Then don't put your characters in outfits you find are immersion breaking to you.

/thread

still not the point of this thread its not a debate about skimpy armor, its about whether or not Casual Combatant is supposed to be identical for females and males.

it should break immersion for everyone but that apparently isn't the case....lets send out or male and female military in real life wearing Leia's slave girl outfit. just picture it for a second in your mind how OUT OF PLACE it is

But again Skimpy Armors exist regardless of my opinion you can run around in your pantys in a warzone for all it matters you just look completely silly though and out of place not just to me but several others I'm sure.

Edited by Konta_Takuto

The answer to, if Casual Combatant armor set was supposed to be completely identical for males and females? or was it supposed to have two variations such as Ambitious Warrior

If it was supposed to be this way then this thread can be closed and we all go back to our happy go lucky lives and I wait patiently for the dev's to release a version with a shirt underneath

If it wasn't then it is a bug that needs to be patched.

The answer to, if Casual Combatant armor set was supposed to be completely identical for males and females? or was it supposed to have two variations such as Ambitious Warrior

If it was supposed to be this way then this thread can be closed and we all go back to our happy go lucky lives and I wait patiently for the dev's to release a version with a shirt underneath

If it wasn't then it is a bug that needs to be patched.

Oh, C'mon, you and I both know it's supposed to look like that.

Oh, C'mon, you and I both know it's supposed to look like that.

:rolleyes: Maybe........Maybe Not

In all seriousness I am 99.999999999% sure it probably was designed to be this way unfortunately.....However there is a chance that it wasn't. A very small chance but a chance non the less so I can't be too certain, And I do bring up a good point about armors varying for females and males yet this one doesn't.

This thread might be me being a disgruntled jedi not getting an adaptive version of a set that he has wanted since launch, and doing a last ditch effort to try and get it...but my points are very valid and it is a reasonable inquiry in finding out

Edited by Konta_Takuto

If you want an adaptive version of the original design, make a suggestion thread for it, however, the outfit you're angry about has been specifically designed to look like this. Bioware are thankfully making the move toward making gear be equally (with the bounds of cultural restriction - they aren't allowed to show female n*pples because then the entire world will explode in rays of death and destruction, taking out Mars and turning Jupiter into a rock planet) revealing for both male and female characters, specifically when they're doing new designs or "updated" version of existing armours.