Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Loot Toggle and Gear Drops

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sinhammer
12.04.2019 , 08:53 AM | #61
I have 13 characters I play on, 12 of them DPS. All of them receive either tank or healing bonus gear via their weekly, Ops, etc. boxes, in spite of all being set to their appropriate discipline. It's gotten to the point of it being ridiculous, and it's just way too much to keep up with. It really does need to be addressed. I'd estimate a good 60 or 70% of what I get on my DPS characters are Healing bonus pieces, with Tank pieces mixed in and then very rarely DPS pieces mixed in. Most of my DPS sets I've had to purchase on my own with frags because of it.

FIX THIS.
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.
----Darth Wolfhammer Hellstorm of Star Forge----

Goreshaga
12.04.2019 , 01:18 PM | #62
My lvl 75 shadows all receive a lot of canons and rifles even in renown crates, that's annoying as it's completely useless to them... And i don't have any lvl 75 who can use these right now
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

TrixxieTriss
12.04.2019 , 07:22 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinhammer View Post
I have 13 characters I play on, 12 of them DPS. All of them receive either tank or healing bonus gear via their weekly, Ops, etc. boxes, in spite of all being set to their appropriate discipline. It's gotten to the point of it being ridiculous, and it's just way too much to keep up with. It really does need to be addressed. I'd estimate a good 60 or 70% of what I get on my DPS characters are Healing bonus pieces, with Tank pieces mixed in and then very rarely DPS pieces mixed in. Most of my DPS sets I've had to purchase on my own with frags because of it.

FIX THIS.
Just to clarify, you mean set pieces and not mod drops etc. ?

Sinhammer
12.04.2019 , 10:18 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Just to clarify, you mean set pieces and not mod drops etc. ?
Yes, I mean set pieces. If I'm not getting generic set pieces (The Victor, etc.) I am more often than not pulling Medic gear, and I have no idea why. I have absolutely no desire to play a medic. If a player chooses a DPS discipline then they should be getting RNG loot from a DPS pool--DPS mods, armoring, enhancements, the occasional set piece, etc. My 75 Warrior and Sentinel--both set to Fury and its respective counterpart--randomly get tank set pieces with dps mods in them. Just--why? Why can't this be fixed? I understand they want us to grind, grind, grind for content but good grief.
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.
----Darth Wolfhammer Hellstorm of Star Forge----

TrixxieTriss
12.05.2019 , 10:57 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinhammer View Post
Yes, I mean set pieces. If I'm not getting generic set pieces (The Victor, etc.) I am more often than not pulling Medic gear, and I have no idea why. I have absolutely no desire to play a medic. If a player chooses a DPS discipline then they should be getting RNG loot from a DPS pool--DPS mods, armoring, enhancements, the occasional set piece, etc. My 75 Warrior and Sentinel--both set to Fury and its respective counterpart--randomly get tank set pieces with dps mods in them. Just--why? Why can't this be fixed? I understand they want us to grind, grind, grind for content but good grief.
I don’t disagree at all. As you can see from all my feed back posts. But as long as you aren’t getting defensive/ shield mods, enhancements, ear and implants, that part of the system is working as intended. Even if the armoring stats, etc, would be better suited to tank specs.

But as you rightly point out. You are getting tank set pieces with dps gear inside. And that’s the bug with the whole system.

If they can stop us getting the shield and defensive mods, etc, then there is absolutely ZERO reason they can’t stop us getting dedicated tank sets for dps, etc.