So can I remove armoring mods from BM/Rakata gear?

Kurfer

They'll be in your current PVP gear as well.

Are you saying the PvP bracers and belts will be moddable after 1.2? Currently the Tiered belts/bracers (the Columi/Rakata and Champion/BM stuff) for PvE and PvP are not moddable so you can't take the Armorings out and put them in other ger.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~30k each.

I personaly find this a very steep price in order to look the way we want. 1 Item has Armoring, Mod, Enhancement thats 90k right there. 5 Pieces of gear and you have 450k. considering that according to Bioware the vast majority of level 50s have below 1m credits and the announcement that they will lower repair costs for gear so it isent quite as steep, that kind of pricing just to look the way we want to is to steep imo.

The more i think about it i get the feeling that an appreance tab would have been the better solution from the start :(

Edited by Cebo

I personaly find this a very steep price in order to look the way we want. 1 Item has Armoring, Mod, Enhancement thats 90k right there. 5 Pieces of gear and you have 450k. considering that according to Bioware the vast majority of level 50s have below 1m credits and the announcement that they will lower repair costs for gear so it isent quite as steep, that kind of pricing just to look the way we want to is to steep imo.

The more i think about it i get the feeling that an appreance tab would have been the better solution from the start :(

It's steep but I wouldn't say too steep. Also it's not a necessity so the cost really isn't much of an issue. It'd be like complaining about White Crystals costing too much. You also don't have to change mods on every piece of gear to achieve the look you're looking for. Things like bracers and gloves mostly can be left alone and helms can be hidden.

This appearance tab I hear people mention other MMOs have, how does it work? What are the options given as far as customizing your look? Do you have to obtain the gear you want look of or anyone can look however they like? I think something like this takes the fun out of customizing, part of the uniqueness of it is the time/effort it takes to obtain the pieces and mod them for the specific look and stats.

When you acquire an item does not matter.

Currently, Armorings of level 61 or above (new in 1.2) have the set bonus on the armoring.

Items of level 58 or below (existed before 1.2) have the set bonus on the item, not the armoring.

Originally Posted by whenbearsreign

Ideally, on day 1 on 1.2, the first thing I was going to do was remove the set bonus from my Rakatta chest and put it into my PVP chest, turning that PVP chest into a PVE one. Will that NOT be possible without having to reacquire both pieces after 1.2?

It will have the PvP set bonus with PvE stats. Reacquiring the pieces in 1.2 will not change the results. To get the PvE set bonus on your PvP gear, you will need to acquire the Campaign gear, extract the armorings and put them in your PvP gear. If you only want the chest, you can keep the other 4 Rakata set pieces equipped, get just the Campaign chest and put that armoring in your PvP chest.

Big thanks for the clarifications, but they raised a bigger question than I had before:

Under a previous dev post, I (arguibly wrong after re-reading) understood that armorings would not be removable from items existing pre-1.2. What I understand now is that armorings are removable, but the set bonus remains attached to the item's "shell". However, set bonus (boni?) from pieces introduced in 1.2 will "travel" with the armoring.

What happens if I remove the PvE armorings from 1.2 chest and leg pieces, with PvE bonus attached, and put them in my PvP chest and legs "shells" from pre-1.2, which also have the PvP bonus attached?

Sorry if this was asked already (and replied to), I speed-read the thread and didn't spot it :o

What happens if I remove the PvE armorings from 1.2 chest and leg pieces, with PvE bonus attached, and put them in my PvP chest and legs "shells" from pre-1.2, which also have the PvP bonus attached?

Sorry if this was asked already (and replied to), I speed-read the thread and didn't spot it :o

This question hasn't been answered and several people have already brought it up. My guess is devs will take notice and make sure we don't get dual bonuses. A lower cd on Jolt would be nice for some boss fights plus the PvP set don't look anywhere near as bad as the current PvE set, my main being an Assassin.

Also, for the new gear, will the set bonuses be "bound" to that armor mod forever? Just wondering what woudl happen if they were to eventually be able to acquire a better armor mod, but then be shafted again because of the set bonus being tied to the inferior armor mod.

This will always happen with set bonus pieces no matter how you set it up: a stat increase that makes you lose the bonus will always need to be weighed, too small, not worth it.

The only other option is to bind bonus to shell, with the current issues.

Because the mod system is supposed to allow full "look" customization. It's becoming increasingly clear that they should have just gone for an appearance tab and saved everyone a ton of grief.

QFE, howver I appreciate the effort to include the crafters in end game gear vs. just appearance items.

That said, I totally agree it is the best solution here.

Totally and utterly a slap in the face to all players that existing gear is not appropirately updgraded to a post 1.2 status. As others indicated they are already going into the database to retro-change mods in those items so how much harder is it to change the armor mod to carry the set bonus.

Only word that comes to mind is fail.

I can imagine some whiny tard complaining that it is too hard to write the code.

No excuse for not making this part of the 1.2 patch when the game is only 4 mons old and already struggling with bad PR.

Try again BW.

If I understand the dev posts, we will be able to take the 61+ armor mods (set bonus tied to mod) out of campaign gear, and transfer it to the old gear (set bonus tied to shell) to create uber double set-bonus gear? This would go beyond being stupid, poorly thought out and lazy, if true.

I really hope that the dev position is revised and the system is changed to be consistent with what we were told would happen. Honestly, how hard is it to go in and move the set bonus from the armor shell to the mod? You're already having to modify the current sets by creating removable mods... Why give us this half-baked, inconsistent and potentially exploitable system?

What reasonable explaination could there be for doing things this way? If it's pure laziness I volunteer to pay out of pocket to fly to Austin or wherever the hell the actual work is supposed to be done to do it myself! While I'm there I'll delete all of those hideous end-game armor models and replace them with slave bikinis. This is SO frustrating! :confused:

Edited by grezgorz

Totally and utterly a slap in the face to all players that existing gear is not appropirately updgraded to a post 1.2 status. As others indicated they are already going into the database to retro-change mods in those items so how much harder is it to change the armor mod to carry the set bonus.

I can imagine some whiny tard complaining that it is too hard to write the code.

No excuse for not making this part of the 1.2 patch when the game is only 4 mons old and already struggling with bad PR.

Try again BW.

1) Most of the set bonuses are crap

2) You won't need them to get the new 1.2 gear anyway.

Try again poster.

Try again BW.

Win.

I guess people HM raiding for Rakata pre-1.2 are wasting their time entirely.

The part that only applies to new gear is the set bonus. Before Game Update 1.2, the set bonus is attached to the shell item, and thus it cannot be moved from old items. In Game Update 1.2, the set bonus will be attached to the armoring, meaning you can move it between items.

Does this apply to the new level 50 PvP gear that's replacing Cent/Champ gear? I sure dont want to see my alts in ugly as hell PvP gear for who knows how long because i cant transfer mods from the new PvP gear to orange gear/weaps that i like the looks of more.

Mods are the primary building blocks of items. Just as the damage on a base mod is what matters for a weapon, the same is true for the set bonus.

If you put a set bonus mod in a set bonus shell, the set bonus on the mod replaces the set bonus on the shell. In this case, you would have the PvP appearance with the PvE stats and set bonus.

does that mean i can now take out armoring of say eliminator battlemaster and put it in my bracers and belt and recieve both the 2 piece (say eliminator rakata) set bonus ontop of my 4 piece setbonus from chest bracers gloves and helm ? Edited by Quantemoq

does that mean i can now take out armoring of say eliminator battlemaster and put it in my bracers and belt and recieve both the 2 piece (say eliminator rakata) set bonus ontop of my 4 piece setbonus from chest bracers gloves and helm ?

No, the armorings that carry set bonuses will only be useable in the same slot for another gear. If you remove chest armoring with set bonus, it can only go to another chestpiece armoring slot.

iLvl 61 (new) gear will have the set bonuses attached to the armoring mods. iLvl 58 (Rakata) and below will have the set bonuses attached to the armor shell itself, rather than the armoring mod. Ergo, set bonuses from Rakata are NOT Portable, but set bonuses from the Black-Hole and Campaigner sets ARE portable. This condition applies whether you buy a rakata piece after the patch or had one before. Seems like a cheap way to make us grind the new gear so we can wear what we like and have all the advantages. But what do I know? Edited by SalsaChupacabra

this is so lame... BW, why the **** do you even bother with item customization if you are shooting it's legs when its finally starting to get up? Fail. I was enjoying the game greatly at the beginning. Now Im bored like hell. Thought that maybe 1.2 would keep me up, but from what I've seen so far 1.2 will be the last patch I will try out.

I don't understand why people are female dogging about this...

In 1.2 NO ONE should be attempting to keep their rakata stats... EVERYONE should be trying to get the new sets anyway.... if you like the current rakata items you can place the new set armoring into the rakata chest and still receive the bonus (curious how that's going to work)

Even if you just ripped all the armorings from rakata / columi and got rid of your set bonuses NONE OF THEM TRULY MATTER FOR GETTING THE CONTENT DOWN! I just healed a full hm kp in a force master set last night! Never once did I feel like I really needed those set bonuses!

Same goes for my dps set bonuses, they hardly do anything... most of the set bonuses hardly do anything... why is this an issue?

Edited by Shecrazy

I agree with above post. All i see is QQ wanting everything handed to you from the start. This will only cause you to QQ later because the game is easy and boring. The current state on live is yes it is easy and somewhat boring, but with 1.2 it brings alot of opportunity,choices, and ways to pump time into the game. This creates activities for us to do. Bioware allowing us to carry set bonuses over on the new gear is great. We can now craft custom orange sets to get the look we want. And all ppl can talk about is how they want it on old gear. Really guys, I would just go back to play pandas, don't think this game will turn out how you want it.

you have to be kidding.

a dev needs to step up and clarify this ASAP. and not the vague "dev speak" they always post. we need a "YES" or a "NO": will the Armoring mods in pre 1.2 pieces allow the transfer of set bonuses to orange armor of the appropriate slot?

if not, bioware is going to piss a ton of people off. i know i am not the only one who has a set of orange gear ready to go for 1.2. ignoring the fact that this should have been in game at launch, there is absolutely no reason to NOT make this change retroactive. bioware, you best hire someone with a functioning brain and some common sense, because none of you have either.

Agree completely ^

Outright disappointing if you cannot transfer set bonuses to your orange armor set of choice on older items and only on new items. The rating on i.e. centurion is not even that great (126)!

If you open up the armoring slot on the old pvp armor sets, at least let people choose which piece of armor they wish to insert the armoring part into, regardless of whether it came from a glove and is going into a pair of boots e.g.

If you don't want players to gain bonuses from inserting them into a moddable belt or bracers, just don't count the bonus towards those armor pieces. The bonus should depend on the type of armor and not the armoring plate itself.

Seriously disappointing, Bioware..

I understand Crit Crafting as RE an purple armor to learn the schematic and then crafting many until you get an Exceptional/Mastercraft version (has an augment spot).

If I have this wrong please someone correct me. I am trying to catch up on all this lingo

Is it possible after 1.2 to craft any orange armor multiple times until I get an augment spot?

Does anyone else really like the look of the LV50 Electrium Onslaught BH orange armor? I want augment spots in that. Is that possible?

I have been collecting all the different schematics just for looks but just realized my collection efforts may pay off after 1.2.

Not going to complain anything about this, but I just want to throw in my 2 cents. I loved how mods determined stats in this game. I wore the Athiss cunning gear from level 20 well into level 50 because I enjoyed how it looked. The removable armoring / set bonuses were probably the biggest thing I was looking forward to in 1.2 (yeah, you can roll your eyes at the new raid not being on the top of my list).

I just read this news today that we would not be able to transfer set bonuses from old gear and I have not been so sad from reading a patch note / dev comment before.

This truly sucks.

p.s. Of course I will get over it and in a few months time I will get the new set bonuses to switch. However, when you are looking forward to something like 1.2 (which is further delayed) and then have the one thing you were really looking forward to completely removed, then it leaves a bad taste in your mouth IMHO.

Just wow, this "only 1.2 items" requirement altogether destroys the idea. What's the point of swapping stuff around when all 1.2 items look horrible? Why would I even bother? I was happy since I could upgrade lvl 40 PvP set into endgame stuff but now they tell me I have to choose between clown set 1 or clown set 2.

Very, very cheap way to basically tell people to farm over the new stuff for another couple months so BW can enjoy guaranteed subs.

Either you guys also include other shell sets in the patch that can hold transferred set bonuses or you can just trash the feature for all I care. Was that what we were looking towards to?

I'm thoroughly disappointed with 1.2 as it is.