MAJOR Bugs on Soa in Eternity Vaults

On 4/1/2012 my guild mates and I attempted our first guild run of Eternity Vaults. Throughout the whole thing, we really didn't run into many technical problems...

However.

On Soa, the final boss of the operation, he bugged out at LEAST 3 times. When I say bugged out, I mean we get him down to about 10% and then he all of a sudden RESETS and is back on the top, with the rest of us waiting around on the bottom. We've all opened tickets, asking for help or asking to be reset where we left off (because it hardly seems fair that we've wasted so much time to do it again) but pretty much get the run around. Has this happened to anyone else? would really like a response from a gm or something for help.

We've been told to check patch notes, reset, etc, but nothing works.

Yeah don't do much pve now, did it 6 weeks ago, people raged then, did it last night, people still rageing in vent, i just pvp now. Carn't get FPoints, takes to long tho. not spamming 1 hour LFG for grp.

pvp all there is. im not a single player quest man. And Sli still dont work yet. Still heartho. But for how long.?

Good game tho, But will be great if and when bugs are sorted. if?

But its not easy for the dev's. They don't know difference between operation to raid, pmsl (soz)

Edited by seallone

I havent seen him reset in phase 3 even when he mind traps the tank.

Is your tank running somewhere that's making soa evade? I'm betting there are a few places in the room where that could happen.

Sometimes I feel like I'm in a world first guild in WoW clearing content that no-one had a chance to test, then I remember that the game has been out for over 4 months and still feels like beta.

A lot of the time though, it can just be lack of understanding of the fight and how to deal with certain mechanics. Getting into the habit of resetting after every wipe is helpful too.

This post covers a lot of the "bugs" and possible workarounds, it helped our guild A LOT when we were progressing on Soa Hard Mode. It's directed more at the hard mode encounter (no idea which difficulty you're working on) but most of the tips apply to all difficulties.

Edited by Rainbowdashqt

Welcome to the club..

Altho with a good group you can get around most of the bugs, Just need great communication. The reset bugs happen very rarely, Balls doing more dmg can be healed thrugh and most other stuff can get reseted. Only every memebr of your raid group needs to know exactly what they are doing.

Sometimes I feel like I'm in a world first guild in WoW clearing content that no-one had a chance to test, then I remember that the game has been out for over 4 months and still feels like beta.

Like good old Blackwing Lair when the game had been out like 8 months?

Edited by Merraith

On 4/1/2012 my guild mates and I attempted our first guild run of Eternity Vaults. Throughout the whole thing, we really didn't run into many technical problems...

However.

On Soa, the final boss of the operation, he bugged out at LEAST 3 times. When I say bugged out, I mean we get him down to about 10% and then he all of a sudden RESETS and is back on the top, with the rest of us waiting around on the bottom. We've all opened tickets, asking for help or asking to be reset where we left off (because it hardly seems fair that we've wasted so much time to do it again) but pretty much get the run around. Has this happened to anyone else? would really like a response from a gm or something for help.

We've been told to check patch notes, reset, etc, but nothing works.

You obviously don't follow the forums much or you would know EV and Soa specifically are very buggy. It's much better than it used to be, but there are still a lot of bugs lingering. Good luck getting help though, we've never had an instance reset for us, and we've had Ancient Pylons bug out and become unclickable before and they wouldn't reset until the weekly maintenance and the servers reset.

I hate to say it, but get used to it in the current tier of content.

Yeah SOA is bugged all to hell, In HM i've seen AT LEAST ONE of these thing happen each time.

1-Parts of the floor gone.

2-In phase 3 his shield not dropping when pillars hit him.

3-Hanging in the air not coming down in phase 2 and 3.

4-Resetting at phase 3 after being hit by a pillar.

5-Restting in phase 2 or 3 if tank is in a mindtrap.

6- and resetting at random for no reason.

So yeah, it's really getting on my last nerve.If these thing are not fixed in 1.2 I'm gone. Sorry but I'm not paying to beta test their game.

we just Did EV Nightmare Mode tonight SOA went down around 1h 26min. But we didn't get titel or codex lore.

Don't know if it applies to your group but if you reset the instance for example after you wipe on soa and reset it to prevent a bug or fix platform bugs it doesnt count towards the title anymore

we just Did EV Nightmare Mode tonight SOA went down around 1h 26min. But we didn't get titel or codex lore.

Same thing happened to us. Raid leader swears he didn't reset.

We also did a fast NMM KP last night and had to reset b/c we ran back to reset some mobs that had been pulled early.....to find that a boss that we'd already killed had respawned. The only way it would let us back in was if we reset.

Hello there,

We saw this post and thought you might be interested in some of the patch notes for Eternity Vault for 1.2. You can find the entire patch notes for 1.2 here.

Game Update 1.2 PTS Patch Notes (Continued)

The patch notes published for the Public Test Server are not final and are subject to change.

The following URL will allow you to link to the Flashpoints and Operations PTS Notes directly: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=3463508&postcount=5

Operations

• Normal Mode is now labeled "Story Mode" for Operations.
  • Credit rewards for defeating Operations bosses have been significantly increased.
  • Corrected an issue that could allow Operation bosses to resurrect during Nightmare Mode Operations.

Eternity Vault

• The "Unshakable" buff is now visible when targeting Soa.
  • Changed the location where Soa's Force Whirlwind drops the player in the second phase of the fight to prevent players from being dropped several hundred meters below when no platforms are remaining.
  • Soa's lightning balls are now destroyed when the platform phase begins.
  • Projection of Soa has been removed from the Mind Traps.
  • A previously malfunctioning escape pod no longer causes players to become stuck upon landing.
  • Eternal Guardians and Eternal Sentinels now spawn correctly in 16-player modes.
  • Eternal Guardians and Eternal Watchers have had their difficulty rebalanced in 16-player modes.
  • Eternal Wardens now perform their grapple ability correctly.
  • The Ancient Pylons puzzle has been reworked to improve reliability. The wheels no longer lock automatically when solved. Players must use the "Confirmation Console" to confirm their symbol selection.
  • Annihilation Droid XRR-3's "Burning (Physical)" damage over time has been renamed "Burning" to accurately reflect that it cannot be removed. *UPDATED 3/27*
  • Corrected an issue that could prevent Soa from spawning on the last platform after releasing players from Mind Traps. *UPDATED 3/27*
  • Killing Soa in Nightmare Mode now grants the correct Codex entries. *UPDATED 3/29*
  • An "Emergency Reset" button has been added to the Ancient Pylons encounter. *UPDATED 3/29*
  • Soa's Mind Traps now kill players who are stuck inside the trap for the full 2-minute duration. *UPDATED 3/30*