Skipping KOTFEET and becoming a Saboteur?

jstankaroslo

Hi,

does anyone know if there is an option to become a Saboteur (work for opposite faction) WITHOUT participating in KOTFEET? I know we choose sides on Iokath (or am I wrong, perhaps?), and as I understand if we 'skip' story, we get to the beginning of Ossus -so we're NOT Saboteur by default.

The reason I ask is I can't stand to do KOTET again, but I'd like some of my characters to experience a Saboteur path.

Is going through KOTFE, KOTET, Iokath and 3 Flashpoints necessary for this? Or is there a way around this?

Edited by jstankaroslo

Technically, the choice at the begining of JUS is the one that will determine if you're a loyalist or a saboteur. So when Lana asks who you want to support, if you choose your original faction, you'lle loyalist, if not you'll be saboteur.

If i'm not mistaken, differences will be :

- if you're a Pub, LS choices will be made for KOTFEET so you'll have Arcann and Senya, Jorgan and Kaliyo and Koth, Vette will be alive and Torian dead, Theron will still be part of your Alliance, and Malcom will be alive and Acina dead.

- If you're Imp, DS choices will be made for KOTFEET, Arcann and Senya will be dead, Koth too, Torian will be saved unless you're a SW, Theron will still be part of the Alliance, Acina will still be Empress and Malcom will be dead.

Technically, the choice at the begining of JUS is the one that will determine if you're a loyalist or a saboteur. So when Lana asks who you want to support, if you choose your original faction, you'lle loyalist, if not you'll be saboteur.

If i'm not mistaken, differences will be :

- if you're a Pub, LS choices will be made for KOTFEET so you'll have Arcann and Senya, Jorgan and Kaliyo and Koth, Vette will be alive and Torian dead, Theron will still be part of your Alliance, and Malcom will be alive and Acina dead.

- If you're Imp, DS choices will be made for KOTFEET, Arcann and Senya will be dead, Koth too, Torian will be saved unless you're a SW, Theron will still be part of the Alliance, Acina will still be Empress and Malcom will be dead.

I kinda get it. What I don't know is how to get to JUS (what is it anyway?) or the conversation when Lana asks us whom to join, without going through KOTET.

As I understand it now, the 'skip KOTFEE' option forwards us to the point AFTER the decision to be Saboteur or not.

Would check it out myself, but don't want to experiment on my cool characters. Maybe someone has done it before?

I kinda get it. What I don't know is how to get to JUS (what is it anyway?) or the conversation when Lana asks us whom to join, without going through KOTET.

As I understand it now, the 'skip KOTFEE' option forwards us to the point AFTER the decision to be Saboteur or not.

Would check it out myself, but don't want to experiment on my cool characters. Maybe someone has done it before?

Take the mission "Inflection Point" from your ship's mission console.

Provided you're at least level 70, head to your ship and pick 'Inflection Point' up from your mission console. It'll warn you that accepting the mission for Jedi Under Siege will complete previous stuff etc. after which you can say 'yes, ready to begin jedi under siege'.

Keep in mind skipping will default choices. LS on the Republic side, DS on the Imp side, and you may miss out on certain romance locks. It'll also skip/autocomplete the traitor arc and make you forgive Theron regardless of which faction you play for.

I unfortunately sacrificed one of my characters to this because I was leaning more to the good side than the bad. So I chose Republic even though I am a Sikh. They 'accepted' me but said I will be employed as a spy. I hated the idea of being a spy but here I was there was no way out.

I kept my eyes open to just forget being good and playing a Sikh because I got allt he qusts as if I was playing the other side anyway, so what was the point of suddenly wanting to be 'the good guy'.

So here I am doing all the quests that my Empire chars go on, nothing is different.. Occasionally there were things to decide where the reply was (Saboteur) or not, and I did not really know that they mean by Saboteur that you have to play the 'spy' now, I thought it was just a choice for me to decide what my opinion was, so I chose things that were not Saboteur because that was logic in the situation

Anyway it was all a mix match and a very very stupid way to have a person chose. So now I am till the very last end game and I am told that the whole dark committee will sit over my judgement and I don't know what will happen to me.

I hate this, This is one of my favourite chars and now I am in this stupid situation. Thanks SWTOR for another sign of a very stupid expansion. What next? everybody make up and be frienfs again, Then you can cut and paste some more old crap in and call it 'expansion'!

Take the mission "Inflection Point" from your ship's mission console.

^This.

When you take the quest on your ship, you'll get a lot of pop-ups telling you you won't be able to complete KOTFE+ if you start JUS and that choices for KOTFE+ will be made for you.

If you continue, you'll then start on Odessen where you'll have a chat with Lana who will ask you who you want to support and that's where the choice to be a loyalist or a saboteur is made.

Thanks guys!!!!

On a side note and without spoilers please: is it done good? I mean the saboteur arc. i'm thinking of making my LS Sith Warrior a saboteur, but if its done in a bad way, I'm afraid to ruin a great character. Any recommendations?

Personally, I enjoyed being an Imperial saboteur and if you're a LS/pragmatic type of person who isn't into wanton destruction or killing left and right then it definitely works. I don't regret becoming a sab on my Agent.

On a side note and without spoilers please: is it done good? I mean the saboteur arc. i'm thinking of making my LS Sith Warrior a saboteur, but if its done in a bad way, I'm afraid to ruin a great character. Any recommendations?

I love the saboteur story. I think it's best if you're a devious and sneaky person who wants to be able to prevent some of the worst excesses of your home faction. Of course, this won't suit every character, but I love it as a light-sided agent. I did not chose it on my light-sided warrior, though, as I RP her as deludedly believing that the Empire is a positive force for order in the galaxy, so she wouldn't undermine it (and she still does have some opportunities to save lives, even as a loyalist).

Edited by Estelindis

Hi,

does anyone know if there is an option to become a Saboteur (work for opposite faction) WITHOUT participating in KOTFEET? I know we choose sides on Iokath (or am I wrong, perhaps?), and as I understand if we 'skip' story, we get to the beginning of Ossus -so we're NOT Saboteur by default.

The reason I ask is I can't stand to do KOTET again, but I'd like some of my characters to experience a Saboteur path.

Is going through KOTFE, KOTET, Iokath and 3 Flashpoints necessary for this? Or is there a way around this?

You can yes but all the options before are made by BW dependant on your faction. So if Imperial it will auto make dark side choice light if republic. The one exception is with Vette, you save vette if a sith warrior but let her die on all other imperial classes, republic all save her but let Torian die.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

You can yes but all the options before are made by BW dependant on your faction. So if Imperial it will auto make dark side choice light if republic. The one exception is with Vette, you save vette if a sith warrior but let her die on all other imperial classes, republic all save her but let Torian die.

That's not a light/dark decision.

"Keepable/Killable" companions are kept. This affects notably three:

Aric Jorgan and Kaliyo Djannis at the end of KotFE Chapter XIII.

Theron at the end of Nathema Conspiracy.

There is one light/dark decision that's partially but not wholly faction-dependent.:

SCORPIO in KotET Chapter V, on Iokath. It's LS to let her merge with Iokath, or DS to kill her. Pubs and Agents are autocompleted as LS on this one, other Impsiders are autocompleted as DS.

Edited by SteveTheCynic