1.2 = best pvp gear for free, and no reason to play rated. people are quitting

fendergibson

If you like PvP you do it because you like to beat the guy sat on the other end of a computer. Not because you want fat shiny loot. PVE crowd play to get fat shiny loot.

You want fat shiny loot, at heart your a pve'er.

do you believe in communism?????????????????????????????? answer?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like PvP becasue I want fat shiny loot.

Just look at any professional sport, they hand out trophies and rings to the winners. They don't just give them a pat on the back and say "good job".

well said theey have medals, for MVPS and stuff like that! WELL SAID BROTHER!

I think they can't refuse our argument now! for our medal! it should be better gear!

Why, because people want something for their efforts?

If a game is rewarding one group of players for their chosen playstyle and not the other, then there's something terribly wrong.

How are "Hardmodes" even hard, if some are wearing the best PvE gear while doing them and others are not? Why isn't everyone forced to do PvE content in the same quality of gear?

Why is it so bad for me to ask for equal treatment and an equal reward?

From the sounds of things, it's the PvE crowd that mainly PvEs that is having all the issues with PvP gear... as they're not PvPing to get it, they're too busy PvEing.

You get to climb the rank ladder and boast to the high heavens all over these boards, how skilled you are for your efforts. You get unique gear looks, and titles for your efforts.

You get to climb the rank ladder and boast to the high heavens all over these boards, how skilled you are for your efforts. You get unique gear looks, and titles for your efforts.

Yeah, and if this was any pro sport, my team would try to get the BEST GEAR AND THE BEST PLAYERS. They wouldn't just settle for some middle range items and players, because they want every possible advantage to win. And it doesn't matter that they're the best at what they do, they're still looking for every possible edge.

Edited by deltaminus

I like PvP becasue I want fat shiny loot.

Just look at any professional sport, they hand out trophies and rings to the winners. They don't just give them a pat on the back and say "good job".

Maybe you should go tell Kobe he's soft for wanting to win all those trophies and hardware. Maybe Kobe's soft because he wants the ADVANTAGE of having team mates that are BETTER then the ones on the opposing team.

Isn't it funny, how in pro sports every team does everything they can to get an advantage over their opponents. They try to have the best gear and the best players.

Yea, from now on, they should give the NBA champ the first pick in the draft, because they earned it by beating everyone else!

derp.

exactly! +1!!!!!!!! This is what real PvP is about earning your ranks! which I have been trying to get across. yet somehow people still don't understand.

Yea, from now on, they should give the NBA champ the first pick in the draft, because they earned it by beating everyone else!

derp.

Because the first draft pick wins you a Championship. So how many Championships did Lebron win in Cleveland again?

On the other hand, winning a Championship does indeed bring your team marquee talent, that's often willing to take a pay cut, because the players want to win. Look at how stacked Miami is, again, pay cuts because they want to win.

Or look at the Yankees and Boston. They have some of the HIGHEST payrolls in Baseball. How is this fair? It's not, because competitive games are NEVER fair.

Edited by deltaminus

Because the first draft pick wins you a Championship. So how many Championships did Lebron win in Cleveland again?

None, but imagine if he was drafted by the NBA Champ Spurs that year....

Which was my point

Gear should be properly earnt, not spoon fed to some retarrrded scrub with absolute no skill on how to play against somebody other than the computer.

How people can't understand this issue is absurd? Ok so you PVE? good for you? but that doesn't mean I roll one dungeon, and get the item I want does it? no I have to do it again and again and again? earn it right? please your arguements are flawed you PVE scrubs. We want to earn our gear just like the PVE raiders do, in a proper manner. Unless of course, Gharj drops everyone the item they want first time round?

I hope you freaking understand me, if you can't see the problem, your the problem for not addressing this issue.

Let me break it down for you PVE trolls who dont care for real PvP,

You play hard, learn hard, use your skill, and earn your gear. Person with the better gear, well yes he earnt it because hes better than you. this is not a communist game were everybodies equal, I want competition. not some spoon fed baby with UBER GEAR let me play somebody that has earnt his place.

NO but if more people gets PVE gear easy,less wipes and less frustration we will have in order to finish a HM or NM OP's enough said.

if you need a unique look and better renown,get out of your home and buy yourself a new suit from ZARA...

Oh yeah, as for the cry babies about gear. How exactly are people getting spponfed it in PvP now, remind me i can't seem to see the sign or dev post saying "free gear here".

Who the F**k is Kobe? Does he get payed to play whatever it is he does? If so then yeah, probably does want the best team to support him. Does wearing nike shorts rather than addidas ones make him a better player? Or is it the skill he and his team have that affects his results?

Hmm I wonder.

Lets not forget that the people who complain and wants pvp to be equal are the ones who would never achieve high ratings (and still play 24/7). My guess is that these people are afraid there will be some level of gear not available to them and it makes them sad. Also they use this as a counterargument to why they don't succeed. Because some people have better gear.....

Lets put it like this. If you're in a job and you and your collegue is paid the same amount of money, and you're working hard and he's just lying on the floor drooling in his own vomit. Is that fair? Does it make you want to work hard? No, and thats how PvP in swtor is.

We don't complain because we work hard and get nothing special for it. We complain because all the **** players get the same as we do and they do absolutely nothing for it. It wasn't always like this, but then **** players became the majority and the companies had to cater for them, thus... here we are. Money talks !

I remember reading this awhile back http://torwars.com/2011/04/18/pvp-in-swtor-what-we-can-gather-so-far/

They have also indicated that the gear rewards from PvP will show that your character participates in PvP and has earned said gear by slaying thousands of innocent Padawans. At the same time, there hasn’t been any indication that PvP gear will be providing massive amounts of differing bonuses or stat modifications than standard PvE gear.

I made the quote that I am talking about in bold.

Edited by pogmahone

exactly! +1!!!!!!!! This is what real PvP is about earning your ranks! which I have been trying to get across. yet somehow people still don't understand.

Actualy, all you been crying about is how YOU think people are getting gear to easy in PvP now.

Oh and stuff about commies. Which is random but cant account for american thinking.

I'm english by the way. Love how so many arguments from americans result in "commi" rebuttals. Although thats making a generalisation about our yank cousins, so I'll downgrade that to "a few americans" still stuck in a 60's, commies under the bed thinking.

Your point is you have no idea what you're talking about?

I'm well aware...

As a PvPer, i love the fact that people will be on as close to even footing as the game will allow.

Rewarding people for winning, by giving them an even greater gap by boosting their gear seems ludicrous to me. (Back to the NBA anology which you don't seem to get).

I am more than willing to allow my skill (as much as an MMO willl allow) to determ how far up the ladder i get. The last thing i want, is to be given even better gear, so i can beat the crap out of the guy, that i just beat, even more than i just did.

Thats not overly rewarding to me.

Edited by Tic-

Oh yeah, as for the cry babies about gear. How exactly are people getting spponfed it in PvP now, remind me i can't seem to see the sign or dev post saying "free gear here".

Who the F**k is Kobe? Does he get payed to play whatever it is he does? If so then yeah, probably does want the best team to support him. Does wearing nike shorts rather than addidas ones make him a better player? Or is it the skill he and his team have that affects his results?

Hmm I wonder.

well lets see, maybe the fact that there is an absence of rating required to use the better gear? unless you are for communism and feel that everybodies equal in a sense. Communism cannot work in the real world because we don't think its fair for a surgeon with skills to get payed the same as a garbage man. Do you understand now? This is a communist based game the evidence is there, your just refusing to look at the facts and say, yes, you are right getting the best gear by having no skills is in no sense fair to the more skilled player. Now I'm not saying Im pro, I never did, I think its rather pointless to be able to get the best gear by not knowing how to properly use your skills at the right time.

If your skilled in life you seek rewards, if your skilled in SWTOR you do not seek rewards? how does this work?

Remember the rewards all PvP players want, is gear or unique skins, titles or accessories. Its what serious PvP players want to achieve when they play games.

Rewarding people for winning, by giving them an even greater gap by boosting their gear seems ludicrous to me. (Back to the NBA anology which you don't seem to get).

You're the one that doesn't seem to get it. Teams are rewarded for winning. Good players want to win, they take pay cuts just so they can stack already stacked teams.

And in pro sports without a salary cap, winning is rewarded by even more winning. The teams that outspend their opponents, win, and then take the money they made from winning to buy even more talent and win yet again.

What do you have against rewarding people for winning? Jealous?

Edited by deltaminus

Actualy, all you been crying about is how YOU think people are getting gear to easy in PvP now.

Oh and stuff about commies. Which is random but cant account for american thinking.

I'm english by the way. Love how so many arguments from americans result in "commi" rebuttals. Although thats making a generalisation about our yank cousins, so I'll downgrade that to "a few americans" still stuck in a 60's, commies under the bed thinking.

I'm not even american, so, your generalisation should define the ENGLISH PEOPLE AS STUPI D, you see thats where you jump to conclusions, don't even understand and completely ignorant. You are for Communism and you don't even know it.

You may think its crying, but I see it as people working harder than others being robbed by the lazy.

well lets see, maybe the fact that there is an absence of rating required to use the better gear? unless you are for communism and feel that everybodies equal in a sense. Communism cannot work in the real world because we don't think its fair for a surgeon with skills to get payed the same as a garbage man. Do you understand now? This is a communist based game the evidence is there, your just refusing to look at the facts and say, yes, you are right getting the best gear by having no skills is in no sense fair to the more skilled player. Now I'm not saying Im pro, I never did, I think its rather pointless to be able to get the best gear by not knowing how to properly use your skills at the right time.

If your skilled in life you seek rewards, if your skilled in SWTOR you do not seek rewards? how does this work?

Remember the rewards all PvP players want, is gear or unique skins, titles or accessories. Its what serious PvP players want to achieve when they play games.

Well your capitalist friends took your money from your retirement service and now they are about to steal your money from your social health programm and give them to their Criminal friends at Wallstreet.... and you still praise it huh?

Well your capitalist friends took your money from your retirement service and now they are about to steal your money from your social health programm and give them to their Criminal friends at Wallstreet.... and you still praise it huh?

who said anything about capitilism, capitilism is good! however its the greedy bankers who make it crony capitilism, which is what america is in ATM. lol please, Im 100% for capitilism because it benefits the whole country, its just CRONY CAPITILIST DO NOT! which is what america is in.

You're the one that doesn't seem to get it. Teams are rewarded for winning. Good players want to win, they take pay cuts just so they can stack already stacked teams.

And in pro sports without a salary cap, winning is rewarded by even more winning. The teams that outspend their opponents, win, and then take the money they made from winning to buy even more talent and win yet again.

Yep, they recruit better players.. feel free to do so.

They aren't given advantages, such as getting the numer one pick, for winning the championship. As a mattr of fact, the better you do, the worse your odds become of getting a good draft pick. I guess they don't like stacking the deck.

Imagine that.

Edited by Tic-