PVP question

LittleRooster

I am going to start pvping with my merc dps again. he is geared for pve now, for my pve gear i have accuracy/power enhancments in most slots with power/surge in my weapons to keep my accuracy up . do i not need my accuracy as high for pvp? or should i switch those out for power/surge enhancments? and do i want my crit as low for pvp or do i need that higher than 25 % buffed. i have no crit on any mods/enhancments

As i am getting my Partisan Gear i Notice that to get the optimal mods i have to buy different pieces from different sets. The problem i see with this is i will not end up getting the proper set bonus unless i buy the piece that has the mods/enhancements that i want and the the piece with the set bonus that i want..

I did see venders for just mods and enhancements but i could not find a vender for just armorings. is there not one or did i just miss it?

to get the optimal mods i have to buy different pieces from different sets. The problem i see with this is i will not end up getting the proper set bonus unless i buy the piece that has the mods/enhancements that i want and the the piece with the set bonus that i want..

I did see venders for just mods and enhancements but i could not find a vender for just armorings. is there not one or did i just miss it?

You should buy proper set pieces. Now u got to get all the right armor pieces, instead of just mods and enhancement.

As i am getting my Partisan Gear i Notice that to get the optimal mods i have to buy different pieces from different sets. The problem i see with this is i will not end up getting the proper set bonus unless i buy the piece that has the mods/enhancements that i want and the the piece with the set bonus that i want..

I am not 100% sure here but I think that in patch 2.4 we will be getting new pvp armor. This may (or may not, we don't fully know yet) make partisan gear redundant, as multiple pvp armor sets have been in the past.

If I were you, and just getting started on gearing for pvp, I'd save the wz and ranked wz comms until 2.4 hits. With the current state of bolster, pvp isn't bad with decent pve gear, so it should be bearable until then.

accuracy should be between 95-100%(closer to 100 better it is)

crit rating: 21-25% preferably

surge: 75%

after that stack power, even get power augments.

since power has no caps and gives more damage then aim.

you dont need to have any accuracy in your gear (not for PvP anyways). you can get 4% from talents and companion buffs.

you dont want any crit in your build; you should be at ~23.5% in gunnery spec.

you want AIM augments. always.

Edited by cashogy_reborn

you dont need to have any accuracy in your gear (not for PvP anyways). you can get 4% from talents and companion buffs.

you dont want any crit in your build; you should be at ~23.5% in gunnery spec.

you want AIM augments. always.

that i get, but why aim aug when power clearly gives more damage and increased heals.

that i get, but why aim aug when power clearly gives more damage and increased heals.

Power increases bonus damage at a 1:.23 ratio (1 power = .23 bonus damage).

Because Merc has a 9% Aim talent bonus, and has access to the +5% Main Stat class buff (either from legacy or someone in group), Aim effectively has a 1:.228 ratio with bonus damage. Aim also increases your Critical Chance.

So Aim increases bonus damage at a rate only .002 bonus damage/point less than Power, but will also be adding to your crit.

Before I realized this, I augmented full power. After switching to augmenting full Aim, the difference is <10 Bonus damage, but an increase of close to 2% crit.

Edited by cashogy_reborn

I am not 100% sure here but I think that in patch 2.4 we will be getting new pvp armor. This may (or may not, we don't fully know yet) make partisan gear redundant, as multiple pvp armor sets have been in the past.

If I were you, and just getting started on gearing for pvp, I'd save the wz and ranked wz comms until 2.4 hits. With the current state of bolster, pvp isn't bad with decent pve gear, so it should be bearable until then.

I doubt you will be able to skip straight to this next gear. my money is on trading conqueror shells for the next tier. so he best start getting that gear!

I doubt you will be able to skip straight to this next gear. my money is on trading conqueror shells for the next tier. so he best start getting that gear!

As long as they don't make Parti/Conq. into low-middling PvE gear overnight without so much as how-do-you-do like they did last time with WH/EWH, then I'm absolutely fine with this.