Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dedrayge
06.15.2012 , 12:25 PM | #4121
No matter what BW says, they can't possibly understand the fustration we're experiencing waiting for transfers. I'm sitting here on a horribly unbalanced server where I barely get to do any PVP with my rep characters. And now it sounds as if they don't plan on opening anymore servers until monday. So, three days of opening servers and yesterday was pretty well all PVP servers. It's almost like being kicked in the groin. As of right now, I feel like taking saying good bye and good riddance to BW and take my business elsewhere. I am sick of this imbalance and have hardly enjoyed this game in more than a month. They could at least open some servers today...But no, so, no matter how much BW insists they care and understand, I just don't believe it.

jedijanec
06.15.2012 , 12:26 PM | #4122
Quote: Originally Posted by Qishari View Post
Hello all,

Several posts that were disruptive, rude, insulting and contained profanity were removed from the thread, as were their replies. You can express your opinion, whether negative or positive, regarding the server transfer information, but we ask that you do so constructively and civilly. As a reminder:
  • Disruptive Behavior - Posts that are meant to cause disruptions or to incite flames are not allowed.
  • Profanity - Is never allowed.
  • Insults - Are not tolerated
  • Rude comments - will be removed, please be respectful toward one another.
  • Discussion of Moderation - If you have an issue regarding moderation, please send us an email so we can discuss it with you: communitysupport@swtor.com

If you come across a post you think breaks the rules, please report it so we can investigate it!

I think most of us care far less about what we're saying to each other than the lack of response from BioWare to our questions.
Jabbing at one other is a playful way to pass the time while we wait for you to deliver.
Please take the time to answer the many valid questions that have been brought up in this forum.

Muwarr
06.15.2012 , 12:28 PM | #4123
I think the leftovers have every right to be unhappy at this point. One would hope that BW is considering some form of compensation for them.

thatghost
06.15.2012 , 12:28 PM | #4124
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiahoufig View Post
That's the thing, we're not being treated differently. If it wasn't our servers waiting until Monday, it would be someone else's.
Not necessarily. They have so few servers left to transfer (in comparison to what's already been done over the past few days) that finishing today wouldn't have been difficult.

Ah, but I'm forgetting about the weekend metrics. Silly me.

And in my original post I was referring more to the lowest-pop servers being passed over. The medium-pop servers already transferred would have still been medium-pop if they'd been left hanging.
Me + buildings = oops
The Vyxx Legacy | The Shadowlands
The Sadi Legacy | The Harbinger

Fanfic: Grey. Red. Black.

Sultan
06.15.2012 , 12:28 PM | #4125
Quote: Originally Posted by jedijanec View Post
I think most of us care far less about what we're saying to each other than the lack of response from BioWare to our questions.
Jabbing at one other is a playful way to pass the time while we wait for you to deliver.
Please take the time to answer the many valid questions that have been brought up in this forum.
Why? Its the weekend and we aren't important enough.
Saltman, Assassin
BELGOTH'S BEACON SERVER

WutangGza
Sawbones Scoundrel, The Fatman

swigglermaxx
06.15.2012 , 12:29 PM | #4126
when will midtrick be up on that list i see how Jedi cov. and fatman get alot of love but what about the servers who are still waiting days later?

bigbramble
06.15.2012 , 12:29 PM | #4127
Quote: Originally Posted by Qishari View Post
Hello all,

Several posts that were disruptive, rude, insulting and contained profanity were removed from the thread, as were their replies. You can express your opinion, whether negative or positive, regarding the server transfer information, but we ask that you do so constructively and civilly. As a reminder:
  • Disruptive Behavior - Posts that are meant to cause disruptions or to incite flames are not allowed.
  • Profanity - Is never allowed.
  • Insults - Are not tolerated
  • Rude comments - will be removed, please be respectful toward one another.
  • Discussion of Moderation - If you have an issue regarding moderation, please send us an email so we can discuss it with you: communitysupport@swtor.com

If you come across a post you think breaks the rules, please report it so we can investigate it!

People are angry BECAUSE THEY WANT TO ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME THEY ARE PAYING FOR? How can they do this on a dead server with a shortage of players. You spent MONTHS sorting this problem out and now you make people wait longer?!?! Stop messing about and get some clear communication out and a real time-scale for people still waiting please.

Jaavik
06.15.2012 , 12:29 PM | #4128
Quote: Originally Posted by xandax View Post
Something you cannot figure out accurately by 'monitoring' a weekend but which require longer term monitoring, but something you'd have numbers for by analysing the last 6 months of data.

It's not the same kind of data. The data from the past 6 months can't predict how many people will ACCEPT the transfer within a certain amount of time. In the forums there are posts by people who claim they refuse to leave their servers, there was one demanding to be sent back (which was REALLY weird). It also can't predict how many people will RE-subscribe, and be on one of those origin servers and ask to be transferred.

I understand you aren't getting the answer you want from me, which seems to be, THEY'RE incompetent and YOU are a victim. And in all honesty, that absolutely COULD be the case. But claiming that analyzing the previous 6 months of data is going to give them some kind of insight into a transfer process that wasn't available when that data was collected shows me that you aren't really trying to understand and you're just angry.

Which is completely understandable. It's a sucky situation and i hope they resolve it quickly for you.
JAAVIK
The Darkholde Legacy - Prophecy of the Five server

Join "The Art of Warfare" Gaming Community
The Republic of TAW and The Empire of TAW

HelinCarnate
06.15.2012 , 12:31 PM | #4129
Quote: Originally Posted by mjmcooke View Post
BW is providing an additional service to try to make their subscribers happier in the hopes of not losing their subscribers and attracting new ones. It doesn't mean that without this service you would not be getting what your 15 dollars entitles you to. Just you probably (understandably) wouldn't be happy with your gaming experience. But, you are getting this service. Just not today. But again, you can't demand compensation for something not owed to you, or for a free additional service you don't feel is being offered fast enough.
While I believe that this whole mess of servers and transfers could have been avoided if BW actually knew what they were doing and learned from other company's mistakes instead of repeating them, I agree and do not believe that anyone is entitled to any compensation. At this point most people probably playing for free anyway. I know my last payment was in April for 1 month and May to June is free. How BW does the transfers will determine if I continue or not.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

BulldogzLife
06.15.2012 , 12:31 PM | #4130
Quote: Originally Posted by mjmcooke View Post
BW is providing an additional service to try to make their subscribers happier in the hopes of not losing their subscribers and attracting new ones. It doesn't mean that without this service you would not be getting what your 15 dollars entitles you to. Just you probably (understandably) wouldn't be happy with your gaming experience. But, you are getting this service. Just not today. But again, you can't demand compensation for something not owed to you, or for a free additional service you don't feel is being offered fast enough.
Why can't we demand compensation? That's your opinion without logical support. We are getting this service, which is currently being offered to only 80% of the population, while us in the remaining 20% aren't. Around a whole week will have gone bye where we in this 20% will have been unable to play the game, meanwhile paying the same subscription fees as those who are.

I'm just going to stop responding to you if you can't come up with a logical reason as to why we shouldn't be compensated, that I haven't already proven is so.