Outfit Design Changes WILL NOT Move with Character Transfers

Voemel

Then why don't you just restamp?

Because the dyes were placed in the designer slot, not the armor itself. Transferring clears all the outfit tabs (I can verify that), so I bet it also clears any stamped dye that was in a slot as well.

Are you guys having increased lag in Warzones and Ops from playing on a West Coast server instead of East Coast?

Yes. OPs, Flashpoints, and GSF seem to have a slightly increased lag, but PVP is currently insane on the Harb. I figured it had to do with the influx of character transfers. Or they broke something again with the 3.2.2 patch.

Are you guys having increased lag in Warzones and Ops from playing on a West Coast server instead of East Coast?

40ms on POT5, 70-80 on Harb. It impacts it some, but the lag is worth it for the population.

Its great to hear that there are so many taking advantage of this transfer sale. I know I am enjoying a much higher population on Shadowlands than I had ever seen on The Bastion.

I guess I should just accept my loss of dyes. Regardless of looks, it is still much more fun to see all these people in game. I have also found a new guild who were very welcoming (shout-out to <Knights of the Olde Republic> Pub Guild on SL).

These are exciting times for SWTOR. More so than in many many months.

Happy Gaming!

Well, to me this thread was useful. Should I decide to transfer my chars one day (I don't plan so yet), then I already know now that I will lose my costumes and my stronghold designs.

Sorry for the hassle you have, OP. But thanks for sending out this warning.

Since the OP explicitly acknowledges his own fault in this matter, I'm really not sure what else Bioware could do. It is not BW's fault if people fail to read carefully.

People often request that customer service restore a deleted character or piece of equipment. It was their fault it was deleted, but customer service often grants the request. I am looking forward to a similar outcome. No harm in asking.

Since the OP explicitly acknowledges his own fault in this matter, I'm really not sure what else Bioware could do. It is not BW's fault if people fail to read carefully.

If I had paid $15 for a black/black dye that I used 100% in the intended way, you bet I would expect them to "fix" it.

• 2 weeks later...

*UPDATE*

I wanted to take a minute and give an update to my original post.

I am pleased to say that two helpful Customer Service agents were able to assist me with my missing dyes.

James and Patrick, in SWTOR Customer Service, took the extra time and effort to assist me with the problems I had (which were all self inflicted). I know they didn't have to help me at all, but they did. Both went above and beyond.

I want to say "Thank You!" to them both. I really appreciate the time and assistance. It wont be forgotten.

And thank you tall all who commented on the thread.

Happy Gaming,

*UPDATE*

I wanted to take a minute and give an update to my original post.

I am pleased to say that two helpful Customer Service agents were able to assist me with my missing dyes.

James and Patrick, in SWTOR Customer Service, took the extra time and effort to assist me with the problems I had (which were all self inflicted). I know they didn't have to help me at all, but they did. Both went above and beyond.

I want to say "Thank You!" to them both. I really appreciate the time and assistance. It wont be forgotten.

And thank you tall all who commented on the thread.

Happy Gaming,

Glad to hear CS was able to help you out with this issue.

Enjoy hunting in your preferred style :cool:

I think it would be more fair to say "This is not big deal TO YOU." It is a big deal to me, and perhaps to others.

Given this:

I don't get it... why is that stuff gone?

Sure, the stamp is gone, but unless you sold or deleted the items that were stamped, all you have to do is stamp it again.

Why is it a big deal to you? Dyes?

Edited by branmakmuffin

Given this:

Why is it a big deal to you? Dyes?

I actually answered Oddball's question in a quoted reply earlier in the thread - "The stamped dye is consumed on use, so the White/White dye is gone. I have the chest piece after the transfer, but not the dye." If you stamp the dye into the design tab, it is consumed.

The dyes I lost were a big deal to me because I used real money to purchase them. I then lost the dyes with the character transfer. I also blamed no one but myself. It was my fault. After CS took the time to assist me, I thanked them. My hope was that this could be a cautionary tale for those reading.

I hope that clears it up for you.

• 10 months later...

Oh how I wish I had seen this thread sooner.. I just transferred six characters and lost everything appearance-wise. I can't recreate the looks on a couple characters because it's storyline armor that I sold off just prior to the transfer (not in my buy-back list on the vendors. AUGH!)

I'll recover from the loss of all that dye, but these characters were the type to have half a dozen different looks as they levelled up.

Edited by Ilhares

The way I deal with this is whenever possible, to always put the dye in the armour itself, and put that armour in my cargo bay, rather than in the designer tab.

I realize there are a few situations this doesn't work for, such as armour you want to use multiple times but you have only one copy, but with collections, typically you can avoid the worst of the pain.

I am kinda curious though what the technical reasons for not transferring these are. I'm sure there is one, doesn't make sense otherwise.

wish I had seen this thread before I lose an outfit.

at least the dye I used was cheaper crafted version and not something like black/black.

that said. best way to get around it IMO is to apply the dye to actual chest piece you are using BEFORE adding it to outfit tab and then saving that pieces, so that if/when it gets lost in transfer - you can easily redo it.

edited - should have read the post above me :p

Edited by Jeweledleah

Man that sucks but yeh stamping the dye on the outfit designer rather than the actual armour was a bad move. Not sure why they cant transfer outfits, sounds like bioware didn't implement it and are now working on expansion and dont have time to look into it.

Hmm i see

Edited by WaSiLinLaoBei

Honestly, some of the pieces I inserted dyes into are now missing. I don't know why. I have placed a ticket regarding this.

I did place stamps onto certain outfit design tabs and not actually placed the dye in the armor piece. I can't recall why I did this at the time. I know I placed a Freedon Nadd chest piece on one toon, then used a White/White dye afterwards to stamp into the slot. The stamped dye is consumed on use, so the White/White dye is gone. I have the chest piece after the transfer, but not the dye.

I have an outfit that I had a white/white dye in. It too ended up disappearing and no I didn't exploit. It is something in the transfer. I'm just going to beg my bestie to give me one of the white/white she is hoarding. But yes, the same thing happened to me.