Of authority set gear not on vendor

idonotdonot

I've gotten two pieces of the "the authority gear" through crates and such, but I went to fixer 57 and I don't see any of the set pieces listed. Just to be safe i changed the drop down to show all and I still don't see them. Is there a different vendor or place i should be looking?

But OH, how good our AoE is going to feel once we have all 6 set pieces.

Also, it'll show up on Kai Zykken from time to time, so you can find individual pieces there as well as from Ops.

Does he?

I had the impression he only sold discounted vendor pieces.

• 2 months later...
So correct me if I'm wrong but I thought "The Authority" set drops exclusively from the Dxun operation. If you managed to pick up the pieces via crates, then which specifically if you recall? i'd love an alternative way to acquire the set. Edited by TonyTricicolo

Do you use Viral Elements with it, Coppes? I'm still at 5/6 of this set. Very curious to try it out.

Yeah I mostly use Viral Elements + a mixture of Aural Command, Periodic Intensity, and Tech Wizardry. I have Overwhelming Offense as a alternative tactical when I’m mostly going for Single Target with some AoE when needed.

I think I'll do Aural Command or PI on my set then. Sounds fun. I imagine it increases Point Blank Shot AOE damage as well...?

Do you think Catalyzed Toxins might be better for single target (in aoe gear) because your Bushwack re-spreads your vital shot? Still have to reapply Shrap Bomb tho.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

I think I'll do Aural Command or PI on my set then. Sounds fun. I imagine it increases Point Blank Shot AOE damage as well...?

Do you think Catalyzed Toxins might be better for single target (in aoe gear) because your Bushwack re-spreads your vital shot? Still have to reapply Shrap Bomb tho.

I’d only use Catalyzed Toxins in PvP, and not in prolonged fights. You’ll run out of energy fast. Single Target in AoE gear I would use Overwhelming Offense or Synox Shots.

Planning on testing Escape Artist once I get the mats for it.

• 5 months later...
by "through crates" im guessing you mean pvp misssion crates? I have been searching everywhere on Google to see how to get that set aside from the Renown Vendor and Dxun (not sure if its NiM, HM or any difficulty of Dxun though).

"Through crates" means randomly from Renown Crates, not pvp ones. I don't know what you mean when you say "Renown Vendor." I don't know of a specific "Renown" vendor, there are various Spoils of War vendors and tech fragment vendors. Then of course you can also find them on Kai Zykken, either directly for sale or randomly from the "unique random" item he sells.

You can get it in Hard Mode Eternity Vault and HM Karagga's Palace as well, I've gotten several pieces that way.

I'd imagine its all levels of Dxun.

spoils of war vendor is what i meant. but I have had some conflicting research finding the Authority set. Ive had some ppl say/post that you can get it from pvp crates. and the spoils of war unidentified item isnt really a crate. Edited by aDayToRemembr

spoils of war vendor is what i meant. but I have had some conflicting research finding the Authority set. Ive had some ppl say/post that you can get it from pvp crates. and the spoils of war unidentified item isnt really a crate.

If that's true, I'm going to guess that the chances of getting it from a pvp crate are less than or equal to the chances from a renown crate, which is to say very small. I would hope that the sets designated in the original 6.0 patch notes (http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/10222019/game-update-6.0-onslaught) as having a higher chance to come from pvp (namely for smugglers/agents, those would be Avenger, Debilitator, Quick Thinker, and Repositioning) drop as advertised, that is to say, more often than a set with a higher likelihood in operations. Otherwise, why have incentivized content preferences at all? Similarly, I'd guess the chances of getting it from the Kai Zykken unidentified random item are about the same as a renown crate, which is to say you're more likely to get your 1000th piece of the Victor's set than the Authority set.

I'll tell you, I've gotten most of my Authority pieces from Kai as a direct purchase, or from HM EV/KP.

I wouldn't count on any set bonus pieces dropping from renown crates. I think I've seen 1 since 6.0 launched from renown crates. The more likely spots to drop are from FP's, Ops, or Conquest crates.

The best place to get the Dxun only set pieces from my experience is using the random unique item option from Kai Zykken.

Edited by Toraak

• 2 weeks later...
by "through crates" im guessing you mean pvp misssion crates? I have been searching everywhere on Google to see how to get that set aside from the Renown Vendor and Dxun (not sure if its NiM, HM or any difficulty of Dxun though).

I think the Authority set is more likely to drop in Dxun -- doesn't matter which difficulty.