Quit after sages got nerfed

Ok this topic has confused me... How did sages/sorcs get nerfed? I am not wanting to argue I am just saying that in pvp my 30 sage gets between 180-200k overall dmg including one of the top objective scores (almost always 3rd and up on overall score). Then on my 50 sorc, I do hm ops and am starting nm ops soon and I am one of the best dps in my ops team. Both ways I am madness spec'd.

Pre 1.2 I found my dmg in warzones around 160-180k overall pre-50. So the only thing it seems to me is, I am dealing more damage than before and with ops I haven't noticed a chance.

So perhaps the nerf was only with lightning? or pvp at 50? If either one of those are the case then I wouldn't notice :\

Wondering if anything has changed? Are we capable classes in PvP now, particularly DPS sages?

Thanks

DPS Sages are very capable classes in PvP if we play ourselves as a max utility class that also happens to have acceptable DPS. If you try to play off as a max DPS class you're going to get disappointed and outshined really quick.

"DPS" sages are capable in PvP, but not as a pure DPS class, as a control class (yes we are being forced into this corner, try it any other way and prepare to not enjoy yourself)

For raids, as aforementioned, sad but true don't be surprised if you don't get invited for HM Denova or NM pilgrim raids (I personally organize a NM pilgrim run and to be quite honest I'd readily swap out a sage DPS for another)

To add fuel to fire, 1.3 is buffing Gunslingers and Commandos... So really not be surprised if after 1.3 you dont get any invites for difficult ops...

IMO balance Sage in PvP is King, not effected by nerf at all. I cannot think of any better class for it when u don't have a pocket-healer. DPS is high to highest with a good amount of self- and offhealing on top. Other classes can be shut down great with stuns, mezz and the mobility of a balance sage. Cannot speak for TK specc since I started with balance and never changed as i love it.

Dont know whats the problem with some peeps here.

I beat all my previous 1.1 records since 1,2. has been deployed. The first couple weeks where a bit hard.

Healing in PvE is also way acceptable.

Also more importantly is that also my averages have increased a lot since having 4 WH+ armor on me.

If they just added an extra bit of survivability to our class we are good as it goes. Since we don't have a proper bust heal, this is something in demand,

IMO balance Sage in PvP is King, not effected by nerf at all. I cannot think of any better class for it when u don't have a pocket-healer. DPS is high to highest with a good amount of self- and offhealing on top. Other classes can be shut down great with stuns, mezz and the mobility of a balance sage. Cannot speak for TK specc since I started with balance and never changed as i love it.

Wow you must play on a horrible server because if you played on a decent one you wouldn't be making that statement. We are the squishiest and worst dps class there is in pvp. DPS is nowhere near the highest unless you are playing against complete noob scrubs that don't target you. Most classes are capable of putting out double the dps that we can in pvp.

Pre nerf i was able to get 300k dage and 150k healing in an average arena or 500k damage with zero healing. Now you are saying 200k?

Anyway, not going to argue this, was just hopeful that things had changed. I did love this game.

He stated 200k on a Sorc around level 30.

As a heal, I broke all my previous records regarding total heal with a nearly 1.1mio heal Alderaan like a week after 1.2 (1 WH Setpiece, rest BM). Also had multiple games with 800k+.

I've also seen a screenshot of a Sorc doing over 1mio damage in a Voidstar, also post 1.2 (customized UI and WH helmet on the screenshot, 100% sure it's post 1.2).

Numberwise, the class is the same if not even better than pre 1.2.

The problem is the TTK.

With the pre 1.2 TTK you were able to survive the burst of a burstclass with a few hp remaining and then get away to recover, using your huge amount of utility cooldowns.

Now, after 1.2, you will just die before you get away.

In competitive PvP, a Sorc will always be the target Nr.1.

Oh, and just ignore Fezikk. In every single Sorc PvP thread he spreads BS like Sorc dps would be completely dead and it would lose 1v1 against any class without standing a chance and would only do half as much dps as any other class.

Edited by iphobia

I'm in total agreement. No comparison between Sage healer pvp and Smuggler healer pvp.

I don't even know why I leveled my sage at all. I was really hoping that Sage healer would be closer to Disc Priest than I previously thought. Switched to dps, all i am is a cast spamming dps that can't bring anyone down. No one wants to play a "support" class in pvp. I want to be able to deal with people AND use my unique abilities to survive and support.

I see a resurgence of sages/sorcs and it got me wanting to try it. Partly because Ive always played caster classes and partly because Im seeing sages/sorcs do very well in pvp. Ive pvp'd my way up to lvl 21 and found the dps to be quite good but at the same time its somewhat boring. In general though Ive been finishing at the top or near the top dmg score in WZs. I had a high score of 230k over the weekend. Not bad compared to the other classes Ive played.

Ive also noticed a steep falloff of maras/sents but plenty of snipers/slingers and pyrotechs/vanguards. Fot

'ers seem pretty fickle in Swtor. Not gonna try to change any opinions but I find it a little funny when i read posts about how underpowered sages/sorcs are. They must have been rediculous pre 1.2

Wondering if anything has changed? Are we capable classes in PvP now, particularly DPS sages?

Thanks

The balance is off. Currently you want to be a marauder, assassin, pyrotech or juggernaught. If you want to heal go with an OP.

Oh, and just ignore Fezikk. In every single Sorc PvP thread he spreads BS like Sorc dps would be completely dead and it would lose 1v1 against any class without standing a chance and would only do half as much dps as any other class.

Everything Fezikk said is true. On the best pvp server, The Fatman, sages don't stand a chance. If you duel a good player of any other class you will get owned. If you play against chumps it is easy to shine and think sages aren't the broken class they really are.

Everything Fezikk said is true. On the best pvp server, The Fatman, sages don't stand a chance. If you duel a good player of any other class you will get owned. If you play against chumps it is easy to shine and think sages aren't the broken class they really are.

A decent balance sage can take a juggernaut, sniper or powertech with very little problems at all, I don't care how pro they are. Well played Pyrotechs can be tricky but juggs and snipers are completely powerless as they are eaten by dots.

Frankly a good sage/sorc spec'd in full balance/madness has a fair shot against any class 1v1 except marauders and assassins, purely because their survivability is ridiculous. Tone down the defensive cooldowns marauders have and increase the cooldown on their vanish and I could finish one before they finish me.

To anyone considering madness/balance, the root on creeping terror/sever force is not to be underestimated. Agreed we have next to no burst, but use your root and CC properly to keep your distance and you can melt them with ease. Are we weaker overall in pvp? Yes, but certainly not to a point which could severely cripple good players, and as soon as Bioware give us some form of defensive cooldown (a bubble absorbing a single hit isn't very useful) we should be on par with everyone else in pvp.

A decent balance sage can take a juggernaut, sniper or powertech with very little problems at all, I don't care how pro they are. Well played Pyrotechs can be tricky but juggs and snipers are completely powerless as they are eaten by dots.

Frankly a good sage/sorc spec'd in full balance/madness has a fair shot against any class 1v1 except marauders and assassins, purely because their survivability is ridiculous. Tone down the defensive cooldowns marauders have and increase the cooldown on their vanish and I could finish one before they finish me.

This is the problem with sage playing on a noob pvp server and is affected by delusion of grandeur. Sage is only effective in PvP if they're completely left alone otherwise they're free kills.

Truth is I don't give a damn about PvP... But I agree, we are the squishiest class out there for player versus player combat. Anyway, my DPS TK Sage works perfectly well on PvE content. I think that we should get some help in the PvP aspects of the game, some tweaking, yes... and it's sad that we didn't get any love in 1.3, besides an awkward change of the project animation...

But I don't think we need much help in PvE... I feel fine with my sage so far in HM's.

so now i will post here for Fezikk. Fatmans pvp is just as bad as it is on other servers just more baddies to choose from. I am a dps sage and am always around 350-500k in wz's on a daily basis. yes i die alot but thats part of the game. The sage dps is the most mobile ranged dps this game has and paired with our utilities we have our purpose in pvp.

And yes I am on Fatman.

Everything Fezikk said is true. On the best pvp server, The Fatman....

Stopped reading right there.

Highest pop server =/= best PvP server.

The Fatman is just a mass server flooded with rerollers.

Edited by iphobia

This is the problem with sage playing on a noob pvp server and is affected by delusion of grandeur. Sage is only effective in PvP if they're completely left alone otherwise they're free kills.

Exactly!!

Soon as we are targeted especially by melee we die on a good server.....Full WH gear and I almost feel like playing with no gear on for all the good it does.

On a noob server sages shine, on a good one we are just meat. Total class imbalance.

Oh, and yeah I know how to pvp...i have 152 valor between my sage and sorcerer.

This. Scoreboard wise, I usually rock up a little more than Maras/Sents or PTs/VGs, with 1/4 the amount of deaths. I have no delusions about who would put out more dps with equivalent amount of deaths, not to mention that as a Balance Sage a lot of my dps comes from DoTs. That being said, our saving grace is the fact that WZs are objective based, so our utility makes us quite valuable in PvP. PvE wise, TK/Lightning specs have been putting out very impressive parses and from the few raid logs I've seen, they can put out a considerable amount of DPS, this is mainly due to the fact that you never run out of Force.