Can't defeat Tomb Horror Chapter II in Knights of The Eternal Throne

The-Eradicator

I've often seen these posts about people having difficulty with the bosses in KoFE and KoET, but I haven't had any such problems. Then again all the characters I've done them with have at least 208 rating equipment, and usually a mix of 208, 216, and 220. Plus, I'm a "Legendary" player, so the boosts from that might help.

When it comes to this particular boss, I had my companion (Acina) on heal. I just attacked the main boss and ignored the tentacles (I've done this one 3 times now) - although I suspect that killing the tentacles would help.

So, my main advice is to upgrade your equipment, if you haven't already. Which may bring up a problem however - I don't know where you go to get 208 or better armor any more. :confused:

EDIT: You can get 210 rating mods from the Level 65 Mod Vendor on the fleet.

EDIT #2: See below - A.R.C.

Edited by JediQuaker

Ah, the "baby Cthulhu" monster.

Same way you beat the identical monster on Oricon

- interrupt it when it uses 'Extract' to drain your health and heal itself.

- kill the tentacles so it can't sacrifice them and heal itself in the process (assuming the KotET one does that too)

Killed the monster first time then died when I used Force Leap to attack one of the tentacles and landed on the pressure pad for one of the death traps :o

Empress Acina keeps getting killed either by the tentacles or the monster itself. How do I defeat it?

I just did this on my Sage, and it occurred to me that you may be trying to do this without the "A.R.C", which is a weapon you pick up outside where you pick up the 3 whatchamacallits. There's a couple of weapons lockers where you get the ARC.

With the ARC, it just takes 3 or 4 shots to kill the monster.

I just did this on my Sage, and it occurred to me that you may be trying to do this without the "A.R.C", which is a weapon you pick up outside where you pick up the 3 whatchamacallits. There's a couple of weapons lockers where you get the ARC.

I actually didn't use the ARC and still had no trouble on it with either my smugger nor Sorcerer. I actually forgot about the ARC after I got the achievment.

Edited by casirabit

• 10 months later...

Hi, I have the same problem, but I can't even get 4 shots in with the A.R.C before Acina is killed and I get annihilated by the monster. If I try to go for the tentacles, I die after killing only 3 at most. My character is a Jedi Guardian with mostly underleveled gear. Can somebody help?

Edited by TheBanthaMan

• 1 year later...
"It was easy," isn't helpful. Glad it was easy but explain how you did it instead of just flexing your epeen.

1. Kill tentacles first

2. kill monster

3. either do or don't use the A.R.C. Doesn't really matter.

I did it yesterday on a marauder with 230 gear on story mode with Acina in dps mode. I leaped in, interupted, dpsed and it died in like 3 seconds. Then i killed off the tentacles.

"It was easy," isn't helpful. Glad it was easy but explain how you did it instead of just flexing your epeen.

1. Kill tentacles first

2. kill monster

3. either do or don't use the A.R.C. Doesn't really matter.

I've always found that none of that tactical stuff matters. OK, for sure, I have well-tuned gear on my characters(1)(2), but nothing spectacular on most of them. Frequently, it's just basic 230-purple Tier 1 gear, approximately what you get in the Master's Datacron gear package. And I don't think I've ever used the A.R.C. either.

(1) I'm willing to believe this is the key, combined with being careful to only ever do it on Story Mode.(3)

(2) Gunnery Commando, Vigiguardian, Vengeance Jugg, Marksmanship Gunslinger, Lightning Sorc, Infiltration Shadow, Kinetic Combat Shadow. Only the Commando had noticeably good gear, and the KC Shadow felt like hard work because I don't play it enough to know how it works.

(3) That"s always a thing to check, although I think the initial difficulty in Veteran or Master will be found in the Geno-Haradan fight when you find the wrecked shuttle, long before the Tomb Horror.

Yes, pick up the A.R.C. the gun is outside the tomb area.

After the talk with Valkorion, there is a set of binoculars, you will see them as you pass the looted tomb.

Have you used the binoculars? Use them to check out plates on the floor. In front of you, and in the Tomb Horror's area. If you don't and step on those plates, you will die instantly. Just make sure you mark each one. When you find the right plates view finder will flash yellow, mark them by left mouse click, then hit esc to exit view finder. The plates will be visible as a faint blue. That way you don't get set on fire, or electrocuted to death instantly. Those plates are in each room. That has something to kill...

I know, my grammar sucks...but this is just my two cents, as to why you are dead in an instant.

:rak_03::ph_danger:

Edited by Phoenix_Bird

Yes, pick up the A.R.C. the gun is outside the tomb area.

After the talk with Valkorion, there is a set of binoculars, you will see them as you pass the looted tomb.

Have you used the binoculars? Use them to check out plates on the floor. In front of you, and in the Tomb Horror's area. If you don't and step on those plates, you will die instantly. Just make sure you mark each one. When you find the right plates view finder will flash yellow, mark them by left mouse click, then hit esc to exit view finder. The plates will be visible as a faint blue. That way you don't get set on fire, or electrocuted to death instantly. Those plates are in each room. That has something to kill...

I know, my grammar sucks...but this is just my two cents, as to why you are dead in an instant.

:rak_03::ph_danger:

That's a good point, too. In my case, I picked up dealing with those pretty quickly ("ooh, blue clicky thing, grab it, oooooh, binocs, use them!").

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

PRO TIP: Just keep walking.

Note that the Tomb horror is not a quest requirement. It's not even in the bonus quests. Also, it conveniently can't follow you. You don't even need a stealth ability to get by, you can literally just walk around the corner until you're out of range. Just be sure to set Acina to passive so she doesn't hang behind trying to kill it.

Don't know how relevant this thread is anymore, but thought I'd throw in my two cents since I struggled with this too (until I realized it was optional).

• 2 years later...

This last guy gets it. Just bubble / DCD up and run out of the room before he can kill you.

Anyone who says this fight is easy in vet mode is being dishonest. I ran a parser on the fight after my 6th attempt. His normal hit ("strike") was hitting me for 40k, and that was the default attack. There is no way anyone is surviving hits like that.