Bonus Quests

Kouensha

I know about completing bonus quests to earn extra exp for killing mobs but when I was playing a Bounty Hunter today, I lost the quest.

Can anyone list the ways you can lose bonus quests?

I know it may be trival to some people but i enjoy completing every quest and it would irritate me somewhat to lose a quest that can never be reacquired.

You mean the bonus stages you get while completing a regular quest? The only way to "lose" those is to not finish them before you turn in the quest it's a part of. You MUST complete the bonus stages before turning in the main quest, or you lose the opportunity to get the extra XP.

You're not missing any storyline. The bonuses are just killing enemies or clicking objects in the game world.

MOST of the time if there's a special enemy to fight, they're just hanging around that same area if you're really dying to beat them down. (In a few cases you have to do something to summon the 'final stage' elite, and if you turned in the main quest prematurely you can't fight them.)

Well there is one way to loose it.

Usually it involves triggering a conversation thats part of the main quest. ON a general note always complete bonus quests before triggering the next stage in a quest. This can be hard sometimes as some conversations are triggered by proximity.