6.0 Accuracy and Alacrity Values

DarkIntelligence

Hello friends,

I came back to SWTOR with update 6.0 after a loooong time away and I've had a very difficult time finding any kind of a guide or other relevant information. It seems that the folks who used to do these sorts of updates (like Dulfy for example) are long gone now. I also can't find anything like this on the forums either.

As am I getting closer to 306 armor rating on my Lightning Sorcerer I need to know what the new values for alacrity, accuracy and crit I should be aiming for are, specifically how many enhancements of each of the 3 to get to 110% accuracy and whatever is the new alacrity/gcd break point (I've heard its 1.3 sec?) and then crit is easy because everything else will go towards that.

I will be very grateful if anyone could provide this information as well any and all online sources that have current info and regularly updated guides.

Thanks!

You gonna need 1591 accuracy points to get 110.0% (1% from companion, stim, 3 Superior Initiative Enhancements 80, 1 Superior accuracy augment 242 rating).

For alacrity there are two ways:

If you have guild perk for alacrity then for Lighting Spec you gonna need 1070 points. When you get five stacks of Focal Lightning you reach tier 3 of alacrity cap (1.3 GCD). This not working in old Master Mode Operations.

Second way: without guild perk you will need 1895 points of alcarity to reach tier 2 cap (1.4 GCD). With five stacks of Focal Lightning it put you on tier 3 of alacrity cap. This work in old Master Mode Operations.

Whole rest you need to stack in Critical rating. Don't use power crystal, mastery etc just put all remaining points into crit stat.

• 1 month later...
I just wonder what the new stats on a madness sorc are supposed to be. I am kinda new to the entire stats thing and the information i got so far are conflicting.

I found madness to perform best at either a 2-1 crit to alacrity ratio (like 3000 crit / 1500 alacrity) with power+mastery relic and power adrenal

OR

with high alacrity (3206) rest crit with crit +mastery relic and crit adrenals, but only slightly better than the 2-1 ratio described above, so it probably does not make sense to completely change your set-up for high alacrity if you don't want to.

EDIT: I was using gathering storm set and tempest of rho tactical. if you do not use gathering storm set, high alacrity will definately be worse and not better than the 2-1 crit/alac split.

Edited by ottffsse

I found madness to perform best at either a 2-1 crit to alacrity ratio (like 3000 crit / 1500 alacrity) with power+mastery relic and power adrenal

OR

with high alacrity (3206) rest crit with crit +mastery relic and crit adrenals, but only slightly better than the 2-1 ratio described above, so it probably does not make sense to completely change your set-up for high alacrity if you don't want to.

EDIT: I was using gathering storm set and tempest of rho tactical. if you do not use gathering storm set, high alacrity will definately be worse and not better than the 2-1 crit/alac split.

I wonder how these setups compare to eachother in capped content (70 ).

Have you had the chance to try them in lvl 70 setting? does the high alacrity build still come ahead? obviously both with alacrity clic + crit surge relics..

I wonder how these setups compare to eachother in capped content (70 ).

Have you had the chance to try them in lvl 70 setting? does the high alacrity build still come ahead? obviously both with alacrity clic + crit surge relics..

The difference is so small it is not worth it and crit rng on each pull plays a bigger role than anything else at such a point.

For technical tests I did find that on average madness performs best with either

A.) 2800-2900 crit / 1650-1750 alacrity (basically the region where your force lightning channel becomes 1.8 sec instead of 1.9 - which it is at 1213 - which is bad and inferior) - gives about 46.5-47 apm when performed perfectly /// basically swap 1x implant to crit from alacrity when switching from lightning going down from 2130 to 1750 or so

B.) the inverted alacrity / crit setup - needs 49.5-50 APM to compete - if you miss apm it is always inferior to A

C.) The Alacrity relic in scaled content should benefit setup A much more more than B

A.) 2800-2900 crit / 1650-1750 alacrity (basically the region where your force lightning channel becomes 1.8 sec instead of 1.9 - which it is at 1213 - which is bad and inferior) - gives about 46.5-47 apm when performed perfectly /// basically swap 1x implant to crit from alacrity when switching from lightning going down from 2130 to 1750 or so

At 1700 alacrity force lightning is at 1.84 and at 2132 (lightning spec alac) its at 1.8 cast . Does the game round down 1.84 to 1.8 ? or am i missing something?

At 1700 alacrity force lightning is at 1.84 and at 2132 (lightning spec alac) its at 1.8 cast . Does the game round down 1.84 to 1.8 ? or am i missing something?

based on a parse I did here (with 1740 alac)

http://parsely.io/parser/view/467615/1

when not under polarity shift, the full channel of force lightning was about 1.835.

it seems it is pretty exact to what one would expect ie 1.84; note: I am accustomed to playing madness and know I can "clip" a force lightning at a fraction of a second before the channel ends because the 4 stacks of wrath are generated slightly before the full channel ends ie you can clip a bit and get your lightning strike a bit sooner.

basically once you go under 2700 crit or so you are loosing dps, at least with power+mastery relic I think, but to optimize for for mastery+crit relic on the other hand you don't want to push base crit over 2700 or power relic becomes better than crit.

Baseline is that since force lightning is such a large part of your rotation (and the tactical tempest of rho procs off of force lightning tics) and it does not seem to round but calculate more precisely based on your true alacrity it is my opinion it is worth bringing crit down a bit on madness in favor of alacrity to as I said something of a 2800/1700 split because those 500 points in alacrity are more valuable than getting crit from 2800 to 3300.

Edited by ottffsse