BW, all that ever pops is Huttball ever since you "fixed" Vandin pop rate

Friend-Referral

Ever since you guys "fixed" Vandin pop rate, it seems like all I get is Huttball pops now and then sometimes Yavin. I refuse to play Vandin or Quesh in any capacity, and now I can't play OG Huttball because it shows up too much for my liking. Even Yavin is sometimes a leave. I barely get arenas (my personal favorite), Civil War (favorite 8v8), Hypergate and Voidstar. Can you please fix this? Edited by ColorfulCaiques

Ever since you guys "fixed" Vandin pop rate, it seems like all I get is Huttball pops now and then sometimes Yavin. I refuse to play Vandin or Quesh in any capacity, and now I can't play OG Huttball because it shows up too much for my liking. Even Yavin is sometimes a leave. I barely get arenas (my personal favorite), Civil War (favorite 8v8), Hypergate and Voidstar. Can you please fix this?

Well the problems is HuttBall style maps take up nearly a third of availabe WZs in the queue. So you should expect more HB style maps than any other.

Well the problems is HuttBall style maps take up nearly a third of availabe WZs in the queue. So you should expect more HB style maps than any other.

They should change the queue for warzones (and also GSF) to first random the type of war, then random the specific warzone. Simple to add this, sad they haven't.

They should change the queue for warzones (and also GSF) to first random the type of war, then random the specific warzone. Simple to add this, sad they haven't.

They should have just added years ago the ability to queue “type” of WZ and added incentives to play all (the same as WoW do or did, it’s been a while since I left)

With Wow, they have/had a system that rewarded you more for queuing random. If you got the random queue weekly done, you got a lot more rewards.

But they also gave you the ability to queue seperately for what every “type” of WZ you wanted (not always the exact map).

Then they added a map of the week daily and weekly. This would rotate every week and you could choose to play this map for good rewards (still not quiet as good as the random, but better than seperate queues)

This system worked really well because they had specific pvp gear for certain pvp brackets. That meant you would want to get as many rewards as possible to upgrade in brackets. The brackets were 10 levels at a time and no level sync. So you always wanted to be working for the best gear to even the battlefield if you could.

Once you had the gear or you only felt like playing a specific map, you could queue up for that instead and most would pop the same (except the map of the week would pop more). This was because of the good rewards for queueing random.

All of that could have been attempted by Bioware years ago. I mean they clone just about everything else WoW does, but often over look the better stuff they do.

Unfortunately there aren’t enough people left to try that now,

• 2 weeks later...

I did the math a few days ago and, not counting arenas (que doesn't prioritize them), you have a ~43% chance of getting a HB map. Unbelievable. :rolleyes:

I did the math a few days ago and, not counting arenas (que doesn't prioritize them), you have a ~43% chance of getting a HB map. Unbelievable. :rolleyes:

What? What am I missing? These are the non-arena maps, right?

HB - orig

HB - quesh

HB - vandin

Yavin

OPG

AHG

ACW

Nov Coast

So that 3 out of 8, which would be ~37%? Even if I did that right, it's still over 1/3 of the time. Yeah.

HB - orig

HB - quesh

HB - vandin

Yavin

OPG

AHG

ACW

Nov Coast

So that 3 out of 8, which would be ~37%? Even if I did that right, it's still over 1/3 of the time. Yeah.

Oh LOL I was forgetting Odessen. My bad. Still over the 1/3rd tho and still totally ridiculous :o

Edited by ColorfulCaiques

HB - orig

HB - quesh

HB - vandin

Yavin

OPG

AHG

ACW

Nov Coast

Actually you could both wrong because we don’t know how the queue generates the next match. Bio probably have some stupid algorithm that says pop “a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h” so many times a day and knowing them it’s broken.

It is 37% if it resets for every pop roll.

Theoretically that means you could get 100% Vandin matches everytime. You would either be really unlucky or lucky depending on how you look at it.

It gets worse when you add 3 Huttball style maps because you go from 1 in 8 chance to get one to 3 in 8 chance to get Huttball.

I would like to see that changed to treat Huttball maps as one map. If you get a Huttball map it should roll again to determine which Huttball map you get.

The chance drops back to 1 in 6 to get Huttball and people have a better chance of not being overwhelmed with continuous Huttball matches

Edited by Totemdancer

Actually you could both wrong because we don’t know how the queue generates the next match. Bio probably have some stupid algorithm that says pop “a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h” so many times a day and knowing them it’s broken.

It is 37% if it resets for every pop roll.

Yeah, that's true.

Random, but sorta related, side note... in the past I used to get a LOT of repeating the same map again and again. It was pretty common to have what really felt like 90% the same map, over and over and over. Six or seven or ten times, almost in a row, with maybe one other map thrown in somewhere. It could be a different repeat map each night, but it happened all the time. Lately, last few months say?, that seems to have stopped (except for the huttball thing). I wonder if bioware changed something with the way the maps are "rolled" - or maybe just the few they've added (Yavin, new HB) have "jiggled the handle" somehow.

Theoretically that means you could get 100% Vandin matches everytime. You would either be really unlucky or lucky depending on how you look at it.

It gets worse when you add 3 Huttball style maps because you go from 1 in 8 chance to get one to 3 in 8 chance to get Huttball.

I would like to see that changed to treat Huttball maps as one map. If you get a Huttball map it should roll again to determine which Huttball map you get.

The chance drops back to 1 in 6 to get Huttball and people have a better chance of not being overwhelmed with continuous Huttball matches

Agree. As far as I know, that's what they do with arenas, so there is at least a precedent.

Huttball - either you really love it or you really hate it, it seems. I don't get it though, why do people not like Huttball? Is it because it's so objective-oriented and people just wants a game mode where they can punch and kill people? To me, this legitimally seems to be the reason as it is so common to see people completely ignore the objectives in Huttball. But then, people seem to be completely ignoring objectives in most WZs.

I, for one, play for the objectives when I'm in a Warzone. Because I'm primarily playing stealth classes I'm forced to sit on the defense a lot, which can lead to exciting games where you end up with 0 in everything on the scoreboard except for on the Objectives score. Meaning you can sit for several minutes doing nothing. Not really exhilarating gameplay. The worst part is, since so many people don't care about objectives, when I do need help I often do not receive it, and it's never because I did not call. I always copy the text "/ops West, " or "/ops East, " when on defense. So when an enemy shows up I can just hit CTRL+v and type in a digit, and I always do this before I engage in combat. But unless I play with friends, this warning has a habit on falling on deaf ears as people, seemingly, don't play for the objectives. They follow where the enemy is so they get to punch them.

This is why I don't like Civil War or Yavin Ruins. I especially don't like how powerful the stealth classes are in these maps. Both Operatives and Shadows have access to two 8-sec mezzes, and the capture time on the objectives is 8 seconds (6 in Ancient Hypergate...). If a capture point is taken it can be difficult to get it back. This is why I love the capping mechanics of Novare Coast; it's harder to ninja-cap (you pretty much have to kill the defender unless they are completely oblivious) and if you outnumber the enemy chances are you can get your point back progressively; it's not a hard switch. But even Novare Coast suffers from the playerbase not always caring about the objectives.

In this sense, Huttball is great! It doesn't matter which class I play, I always feel like I have a role. I don't ever have to sit and wait like I do in Civil War and Yavin Ruins. Although, of course there are games where I can stay on the enemy line throughout the whole match but such games tend to be extremely one-sided and can be over within a minute or two. Civil War is never fast, not even when you or the enemy have taken all three turrets. So... before you voice your opinion on Huttball, you better learn to play for the bloody objectives in the other WZs. Rant over.

Edited by Majspuffen

Huttball - either you really love it or you really hate it, it seems. I don't get it though, why do people not like Huttball? Is it because it's so objective-oriented and people just wants a game mode where they can punch and kill people? To me, this legitimally seems to be the reason as it is so common to see people completely ignore the objectives in Huttball. But then, people seem to be completely ignoring objectives in most WZs.

I, for one, play for the objectives when I'm in a Warzone. Because I'm primarily playing stealth classes I'm forced to sit on the defense a lot, which can lead to exciting games where you end up with 0 in everything on the scoreboard except for on the Objectives score. Meaning you can sit for several minutes doing nothing. Not really exhilarating gameplay. The worst part is, since so many people don't care about objectives, when I do need help I often do not receive it, and it's never because I did not call. I always copy the text "/ops West, " or "/ops East, " when on defense. So when an enemy shows up I can just hit CTRL+v and type in a digit, and I always do this before I engage in combat. But unless I play with friends, this warning has a habit on falling on deaf ears as people, seemingly, don't play for the objectives. They follow where the enemy is so they get to punch them.

This is why I don't like Civil War or Yavin Ruins. I especially don't like how powerful the stealth classes are in these maps. Both Operatives and Shadows have access to two 8-sec mezzes, and the capture time on the objectives is 8 seconds (6 in Ancient Hypergate...). If a capture point is taken it can be difficult to get it back. This is why I love the capping mechanics of Novare Coast; it's harder to ninja-cap (you pretty much have to kill the defender unless they are completely oblivious) and if you outnumber the enemy chances are you can get your point back progressively; it's not a hard switch. But even Novare Coast suffers from the playerbase not always caring about the objectives.

In this sense, Huttball is great! It doesn't matter which class I play, I always feel like I have a role. I don't ever have to sit and wait like I do in Civil War and Yavin Ruins. Although, of course there are games where I can stay on the enemy line throughout the whole match but such games tend to be extremely one-sided and can be over within a minute or two. Civil War is never fast, not even when you or the enemy have taken all three turrets. So... before you voice your opinion on Huttball, you better learn to play for the bloody objectives in the other WZs. Rant over.

I personally love the original Huttball and even Quesh is ok.

What I dislike is constantly getting all Huttball maps in a pvp session. I like a mix of maps so I don’t get bored.

Plus, if you only get noobs on your team, Huttball can become extremely frustrating for me. As soon as I see more than 50% of my team not trying, I requeue. I’m not the Huttball coach or noob nanny. If they want to win Huttball matches they have to try or they are just playing dps Buttballs with each other, and I’m not into Butts or Balls ;)

And let’s not forget the lag, desync and people who sometimes hack. It’s 10x more amplified in Huttball than any other map.

Huttball pops too much with too many issues. That’s why people hate it. What’s worse is even I’m starting to hate it and it’s been my favourite map for 7 years.

Edited by Totemdancer

They should make Huttballs (in a bundle) - the Alderran and the other same re-coated map (i think its Yavin) - Arenas (also in same bundle, which I think they are) and the others. Since Odessen, Novare Coast, Ancient Hypergate, and Voidstar are all different.

I think the original Huttball is still the best.

Objective focused it is? But I think the most objective War Zone we have is Odessen. I would have liked to see this in Ranked and what teams would have done. It was surely a map which helps the singular to work as a team. So it was a cool scenario. Anyways I think I better dream it more a chance to see a scenario...

I like the random map thing, although when a map repeats itself three times it gets really boring especially if you lose all three of them in a row :eek:

Edited by limenutpen

Desync

And let’s not forget the lag, desync and people who sometimes hack. It’s 10x more amplified in Huttball than any other map.

That is true, I suppose. Like you say, desync happens everywhere, but it is more noticable in Huttball because of all the platforms. This has kind of been an issue since 2.0 and hasn't really gotten better. On the contrary, maybe it's gotten worse. And instead of adressing the problem (unstable abilities such as lolroll) they add more unstable abilities (like holotraverse) and remove actually functional abilities (like cover). :(

They never hear us anyway.

Us? What group are you speaking for? The entirety of the playerbase or the select few that rant about Huttball? In the latter case you don't take into account the amount of people that actually do like Huttball, of which there are many. But people generally don't make forum threads about things they like.

If Bioware were to take the original poster at face value and assume he spoke for everyone, and then actually did "fix the issue" (which, to me, seem to be a non-issue spurred on by self-deception) I'd personally be pissed, and so would anyone who actually likes Huttball.

A more elegant fix would be to allow us to blacklist Warzones, like you can do in World of Warcraft. That way, everyone gets happy. Unless such a system would have an averse effect on the queue times. Then people would be mad again.

Edited by Majspuffen

• 9 months later...