Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

That sounds good and all Eric but we would also love the idea to have the ability for a whole guild transfer as well. Sure if we do have a US guild already formed up and ready to go we could jump in and reform it but I think you guys are missing a flexible feature that is important for guild leaders transferring our guild bank and members from one server to another.

I would recommend wavering this and allow us to rebuild our guilds for free with four guild tabs and take it from there. However I know that it might not happen but worth a try on asking instead of leaving people high and dry if we do end up putting the requests in the coming few days just to make it occur.

I believe waiting for consolidation in 60 days, as long and perhaps annoying that will be, will automatically transfer our guilds as is said in the FAQ for previous Server CONSOLIDATION as opposed to transfer. Is this the case, Eric, do you know?

Edited by WizardsDestiny

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

Alright folks,

As of right now, there should be no pending issues preventing your free character transfers. If you were experiencing any issues prior to now which were preventing you from transferring, please try again. Please note however that if you try to transfer a character to PTS again, you could still end up in a locked state unable to move off of an APAC server. We are working on a permanent fix for the "locked character state" which is tied to character transfer.

Hopefully this resolved all of your issues and thank you for your patience while we worked through it!

-eric

Hey Eric,

My character is still stuck in 'processing' this is from 5 hours ago, no it hasn't failed to transfer yet.

I have transfer other character since then and it happened literally Instantly.

Like I said before... I think this Is a bug that was also happening on the PTS but because I was able to spam transfer then it eventually went through

Edit: this post was from about 20mins ago. On my way to work now but will update if there's any problems

Edited by Obirayy

I believe waiting for consolidation in 60 days, as long and perhaps annoying that will be, will automatically transfer our guilds as is said in the FAQ for previous Server CONSOLIDATION as opposed to transfer. Is this the case, Eric, do you know?

Very interested in this as well.

It would be worthwhile to wait out the time if I don't have to recreate the entire guild. That would be a major pain...

I saw a thread in Customer Support that said one should try to restart the client and if that doesn't work you should make a support ticket... Not sure if you should do so on each character or just on one and stating the issue however.

This. Support is generally quite fast (Try WoW with 1-2 weeks to get a ticket answered vs a day tops, usually a couple hours during the daytime), and every CS agent I've got has been friendly and actually plays the game.

Alright folks,

As of right now, there should be no pending issues preventing your free character transfers. If you were experiencing any issues prior to now which were preventing you from transferring, please try again. Please note however that if you try to transfer a character to PTS again, you could still end up in a locked state unable to move off of an APAC server. We are working on a permanent fix for the "locked character state" which is tied to character transfer.

Hopefully this resolved all of your issues and thank you for your patience while we worked through it!

-eric

Hi Eric,

I logged into my BH approx 1 hour ago, then logged out to the character select screen and set the character transfer in motion. I was not forced from the Character to the server selection screen. I received an error and now my BH is locked and nothing shows up in the view transfer history. I was able to successfully transfer and rename (where required) all of my other toons barring the one I am raiding on tonight.

I also didn't log onto any of the toons that were successfully transferred but I did start the transfer for one of them from the character select screen which is why I know it should have spat me back to the sever selection screen. I also have never attempted to copy my toons to the PTS.

Edited by rhakoth

Alright folks,

-eric

Hi, unfortunately my main which failed a transfer before is still locked and stuck on darnala, help plz

Alright folks,

-eric

Nope... my character is still locked on Master Dar'Nala. And still no response from the in game ticket I sent. Please rectify

Alright folks,

-eric

That's a lie and you know it considering I was the first one to come in to this thread with the xfered failed, toon now locked" problem and YOU asked me to pm you and are now very aware of that problem that I and others have experienced.

That toon is STILL locked, the same as other people's toons that failed.

Edited by Cootie

Two of my characters (lvl 22, lvl 16) are still locked on Dalborra. I tried to move them not realizing that on the destination server (Bastion), my slots were full. They've been locked even now.

Is that the confirmd reason for the error or speculation? I thought (according the the faq these brilliant hard-working cookies never updated) that we could xfer to the new server regardless of if we have 12 toons there or not.

Is that the confirmd reason for the error or speculation? I thought (according the the faq these brilliant hard-working cookies never updated) that we could xfer to the new server regardless of if we have 12 toons there or not.

Im speculating. Because I've never played on the PTS, nor have i ever copied any of my characters over. I have no idea to be honest.

Alright folks,

-eric

"Begeren ColonyRP-PvEWest12Unavailable"

This is BS. When you all merged the US servers, all their toons got smooshed onto one server REGARDLESS of how many toons were there. I have toons saving the names of the characters I want to move but, because you see room for a few dollars profit, you're locking my destination server?

Edit:

Im speculating. Because I've never played on the PTS, nor have i ever copied any of my characters over. I have no idea to be honest.

I think you're right because my toon failed trying to xfer to a server I had 12 on and now that server says it is unavailable.

Edited by Cootie

Hey Eric,

My character is still stuck in 'processing' this is from 5 hours ago, no it hasn't failed to transfer yet.

I have transfer other character since then and it happened literally Instantly.

Like I said before... I think this Is a bug that was also happening on the PTS but because I was able to spam transfer then it eventually went through

I'm having the exact same problem as above. One of my characters is listed as still being in the queue after 6-7 hours, while my other two characters have successfully been transferred over.

lo****inl. It's true. I deleted one of my toons on the full server to lower the total to 11. Bam, server is available. Glad to see they want to nickle and dime the APAC players in ways they didn't for the US ones.

I think you're right because my toon failed trying to xfer to a server I had 12 on and now that server says it is unavailable.

The funny thing is, I managed to transfer ALL of my characters, except for these 2.

When i decided to transfer these 2 (last two characters i transferred), thats when the character slots were full and thats when i got the problem of my characters being locked.

EDIT:

Ive made space for those 2 characters, but they are still locked.

Edited by Anvillian

lo****inl. It's true. I deleted one of my toons on the full server to lower the total to 11. Bam, server is available. Glad to see they want to nickle and dime the APAC players in ways they didn't for the US ones.

How did they nickel and dime you? Makes since it would deny you if you used all slots.

I still have three characters pending on the transfer page and wonder if that's why I can't transfer my last four.! In any case, those three are already on The Harbinger and have enough slots (22) to hold my 22 characters. I don't know, this seems a bit odd. Will try again tomorrow I guess. :) Edited by sabbey

Well I have transfered my characters to The Harbinger...

Doubt I will ever come back to the game...

5700 posts later and I am back to where I started, on a US server, what a waste of time and effort.

I will not contribute a single dollar more to these thieves that run this game. EA/BW has ruined SWTOR for me.

How did they nickel and dime you? Makes since it would deny you if you used all slots.

I think what his referring to was when they merged all the US servers. If your total used character slots was greater than 12 they still allowed them to move, but didn't make them playable until you freed up room. Meaning you had 16/12. Where now it stops at 12/12.

But apparently even if your a subscriber with the additional 10 slots unlocked (12 sub + 10 Cartel.) It still won't allow you to move any more than 12.

Well I have transfered my characters to The Harbinger...

Doubt I will ever come back to the game...

5700 posts later and I am back to where I started, on a US server, what a waste of time and effort.

I will not contribute a single dollar more to these thieves that run this game. EA/BW has ruined SWTOR for me.

You got what you wanted... There aren't enough apac players so they did what needed to be done. I fail to see how they have wronged you when you demand they fix the population...

I think what his referring to was when they merged all the US servers. If your total used character slots was greater than 12 they still allowed them to move, but didn't make them playable until you freed up room. Meaning you had 16/12. Where now it stops at 12/12.

But apparently even if your a subscriber with the additional 10 slots unlocked (12 sub + 10 Cartel.) It still won't allow you to move any more than 12.

Perhaps its a bug. But now that you explained it, yes that would suck.

Hi all,

Firstly, a big thank you to all the pioneers who are trying the transfers early and prompting the devs to fix the transfer bugs before other late adopters like myself take the plunge.

Has anyone experienced any problems with cargo transferring across? I have a lot of creds invested in GTN gear that I'm going to have to slog over with my toons and potentially disappearing items have been my main concern.

See you on the other side.