50 Bracket is losing to 10-49

richardya

I don't think 70 does anything in 1.2. The best way to improve your main is actually to play alts to get the legacy other class buff. That is very useful in PVP.

this is true. Leveling one of each class until chapter 2 is done will be very useful

This is what I've been trying to tell people from the start. The reason to why a lot of fresh 50's are complaining is because their last games have been against people 30 levels lower than themselves or people completely new to the game and it is in some cases giving them an unjustified feeling of being good. Then when they hit 50 and all of a sudden get to play other experienced people they're suddenly not that good anymore and naturally it's the gear's fault. I've yet to see a good player complain about gear progression. Granted that some might think that it doesnt belong in PvP but nevertheless, a good player shouldnt be held back by it.

I just wanted to point this out, but you don't just suddenly hit a wall of "experienced, skilled, good" players when you hit 50, I'm sorry, you just don't. You hit a wall of "Everyone is 10-12% better than me in every facet of combat due to a statistic." Which is why they are making such drastic changes to the gear gap in 1.2. We should really drop the whole "gear doesn't matter at 50 debate" because the moves that the devs have made pretty much prove that it did.

The people playing at 50 are, for the most part, the same people playing 10-49. It's the same group of half-wits whether it is the 50 bracket or 10-49. Just because I owned you on your level 30 alt doesn't mean I wont rock you on your level 50 BM as well, so the argument simply doesn't fit.

For the most part the two groups interchange pretty often, one player that might have a 50 BM likely has multiple alts that occasionally take part in the 10-49 brackets. The idea that hitting 50 suddenly puts you in a new bracket of skill is simply ludicrous when it is the same people on different characters at the end of the day.

It's one thing to present the debate that a level 10 doesn't have sprint, a knockback, an interrupt, a stun, etc. It's another thing entirely to try to prove that there is more "skill" in the 50 bracket than in the 10-49. Whether a 50 in BM gear or level 15 with no interrupts, a scrub is a scrub is a scrub. :)

Edited by Celebrus

I just wanted to point this out, but you don't just suddenly hit a wall of "experienced, skilled, good" players when you hit 50, I'm sorry, you just don't. You hit a wall of "Everyone is 10-12% better than me in every facet of combat due to a statistic."

When you are 49 and playing against level 14's 20's and 25's you have a huge advantage. An extra interrupt, all your AC abilities, relic click, etc etc. The shock of losing that edge is pretty harsh too.

We should really drop the whole "gear doesn't matter at 50 debate" because the moves that the devs have made pretty much prove that it did.

I think it is more of a "Should gear matter" debate. Of course gear matters, some people think it should, others dont.