Smuggler lagging

Vilvius

Hi, I'm playing on a few characters, and currently, when I play on the smuggler, my fps drop to like 1 or 2, and my keyboard response time is as bad. None of my other characters is suffering the same lag, and it runs flawlessly. It's just on the smuggler.

Am currently playing on parallels desktop 5 on my macbook pro, 10.6.8, 2 ghz intel.

And for the record, my smuggler hasn't had this problem until I reached Tatooine, and also, when I start up the galaxy map, everything runs like normal.

Does anyone else have this problem or seen anything like it?

Edited by Vilvius

I only have my one Smuggler, so I cannot compare other classes, however I have indeed noticed that my gaming has been extra laggy the past few days. I also first noticed it when I got to Tatooine (and I began having strange graphical glitches there as well).

Last night it was so bad that I actually had to bail out of a Warzone because it was unplayable. That hadn't happened once since I bought the game (currently around Valor 17 or so).

I also run the game on a mac, but via bootcamp. We're in the same boat, but by the sound of it you seem to be getting it way worse than me. Try running it outside of parallels and see what happens.

My smuggler is so laggy at 26 (Tatooine) that even PvE is an issue now.

Also, the class really seems to be more heavily impacted by the skill bugs. Skills don't fire when I'm standing. They fequently don't fire when in cover. The game loses my position relative to the enemy and won't let me backblast even if I'm clearly behind the enemy. Plus my skills are really laggy.

Am currently playing on parallels desktop 5 on my macbook pro, 10.6.8, 2 ghz intel.

You should partition your drive via Boot Camp and install Windows proper (natively). Parallels Desktop 5, whilst alright, isn't going to do favors for your game performance.

Thanks for your answers, it started lagging around those levels for me as well. I'm going to try to run it on bootcamp. I also tried running it on a friends pc laptop, and it ran smoothly, so it has to be my machine. Still, what's annoying me is that it's just the smuggler who's lagging. But could be, as you said, that it is the one class that's bugged. Hoping that Bioware might solve that in a near future.

Thanks again for replies, helped a bunch!