Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Marr & Visas Marr

Selvec
08.22.2012 , 07:34 AM | #1
Could Darth Marr be a decedent of the Miralein Sith called Visas Marr recruited by the Exlie during KOTOR 2?

PaintSticks
08.22.2012 , 07:42 AM | #2
Maybe, it would be interesting seeing as Visas Marr went to go help rebuild the jedi order after that whole kotor2 stuff. Sucks for her that her descendant would be a sith lol

MaxTNT
08.22.2012 , 08:45 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Selvec View Post
Could Darth Marr be a decedent of the Miralein Sith called Visas Marr recruited by the Exlie during KOTOR 2?
Visas Marr was a Miraluka

...and a Darth title comes with a new name. the old life is discarded and the new one begins upon achieving the title of Darth. (e.g. Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader or Palpatine became Darth Sidious). Following this tradition is is highly plausible that Darth Marr has no connection to Visas whatsoever. (would be funny, but its just to much of a stretch)

HellbirdIV
08.22.2012 , 11:23 AM | #4
I've considered the possibility. Since we never see Darth Marr's face - as far as I know, he wears a mask in all his on-screen appearances - it could be possible he's a Miraluka. There is at least one Sith Miraluka on Dromund Kaas (Inquisitor Trainer in the Citadel) already.

UrdnotKraag
08.22.2012 , 11:48 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MaxTNT View Post
Visas Marr was a Miraluka

...and a Darth title comes with a new name. the old life is discarded and the new one begins upon achieving the title of Darth. (e.g. Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader or Palpatine became Darth Sidious). Following this tradition is is highly plausible that Darth Marr has no connection to Visas whatsoever. (would be funny, but its just to much of a stretch)
While that is mostly true, there are a few exceptions, Revan and Malak being the most prominent(I know Revan says that isn't his real name, but it's what he goes by even when he's not a Sith) Darth Zannah was another who went by her given name. and there was probably a few others we don't know about. So it's entirely possible that he could be a descendant of Visas.

Captain_Zone
08.22.2012 , 02:11 PM | #6
Since we never see his face, he could very well be a Miraluka under that helmet.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Trollokdamus
08.22.2012 , 05:41 PM | #7
I have my doubts about Darth Marr. His name might not be even a real one, just like Ravage is not a real name of the other Council member. Not to mention the
Spoiler

But i think i've found a much more likely candidate for a place of Visas's descendant. Speaking about Adeline Marr, a Miraluka Jedi who takes an insignificant role in BH class story.

Here is a screenie of her:
http://s49.radikal.ru/i124/1208/d8/153ef44f44d6.jpg

TyrGUN
10.27.2016 , 03:32 AM | #8
[QUOTE=Trollokdamus;5070475]I have my doubts about Darth Marr. His name might not be even a real one, just like Ravage is not a real name of the other Council member. Not to mention the Sith Inquisitor, who was given a new name upon entering the Council. But i think i've found a much more likely candidate for a place of Visas's descendant. Speaking about Adeline Marr, a Miraluka Jedi who takes an insignificant role in BH class story.

There's a slim possibility of them both being related and a descendant of Visas, seeings as how the Shan's do also seem to get around, and there's a bunch of speculation of who made babies with who from KoTOR. I think Revan banged all of them and continued his legacy for 300 years through his pregnant cohorts.

Cuiwe
10.27.2016 , 04:16 AM | #9
I noticed this too. I think that Darth Marr merely uses marr as a word(to marr something). Which is typical for a Darth, really.

Now, there is in fact a descendant of Marr bloodline in the game. You meet her(she's a Luka to boot) when
Spoiler
. Just so you know
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

SteveTheCynic
10.27.2016 , 09:05 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Cuiwe View Post
I noticed this too. I think that Darth Marr merely uses marr as a word(to marr something). Which is typical for a Darth, really.
The weakness with that line of reasoning is that the word you are thinking of is spelled "mar", not "marr". (Yes, I know, past tense form "marred", present participle "marring", but that's normal for an English-language word with a short vowel like that.)

Of course we note that Lord Zash became Darth Zash (spelled with a Z instead of a Z, I guess), and when my Inq Yerka Kolar wears her Darth title, her nameplate does not become "Yerka Kolar, Darth Nox" nor, worse, just "Darth Nox", but she is NOT "Darth Yerka Kolar", despite what the nameplate says.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.