Darth Malgus VS Darth Malak

Microidz

You can't declare that its N-Canon. Unfortunately, joking or not you people have to understand that the events in that novel are canon especially since events in this game follow that novel and include the novel also support that its canon.

And you can't just dismiss it because it degraded a character you like.

And any other has the right to kill another author's character. This is not the first time we've seen this.

^ This. Get over it people.

You've actually proved that he didn't take the time to do his research. Based on that alone, I'd declare the novel N-canon. You don't take a character that you didn't create and kill them off. It's not something you do as an author. Now if he was cleared to do so, then that might be different.

Anyway, I agree with you :D

When did this happen??

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The clearly biased ignoring all previous canon novel sure, beforehand, he'd get wiped.

The novel is a novel. Get over it. And no, he wouldn't get whipped before hand. Granted he may not win, but he wouldn't get whipped. Please stop it with the exadurated comments. With a group of people as powerful as Malgus, Malak, or Revan, nobody is going to get "whipped." There's a significant difference between whipped and beaten.

When did this happen??

When I e-mailed him asking about why he decided to make KotOR II and the Exile seem so insignificant and write Meetra Surik as a character completely different from the established canon that was out beforehand, mainly providing lines from the KotOR sourcebook, he admitted to having no idea what I was on about and that he had 'never heard of these things'.

He rewrote the Exile from being a Jedi Champion who stamped out the Sith Triumvirate and gained mastery over the Light Side, to a plot device with no abilities beyond being just another companion from the original game.

Then they ignored the effects of the Dark Wars and acted as if everything that happened in KotOR II was basically insignificant and not a big deal at all, despite entire worlds disappearing over night, Telos being attacked openly by the Sith and a Jedi running around saving planet after planet and the extremely sudden reappearance of the Jedi on Dantooine,yeh I doubt that's insignificant.

Now the Dark Wars basically never happened in the grand scheme of things, the Jedi Order was always there on Coruscant(despite everyone in the galaxy stating the exact opposite), the Triumvirate never did anything significant enough to garner proper attention, then the peoples of Nar Shaadha, Dantooine, Telos IV and Onderon seemingly had a case of amnesia and forgot all about it.

Oh wait but that's all contradicted in their own game because according to the Jedi Knight and Consular the Exile was a 'Galactic Hero' and a 'legend'.

/Rant over.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

The novel is a novel. Get over it. And no, he wouldn't get whipped before hand. Granted he may not win, but he wouldn't get whipped. Please stop it with the exadurated comments. With a group of people as powerful as Malgus, Malak, or Revan, nobody is going to get "whipped." There's a significant difference between whipped and beaten.

What could Revan possibly do against someone with the full power of the Light Side including abilities like Sever Force at her command? not much.

And I stated 'Wiped' as in 'wiped out' not whipped.

When I e-mailed him asking about why he decided to make KotOR II and the Exile seem so insignificant and write Meetra Surik as a character completely different from the established canon that was out beforehand, mainly providing lines from the KotOR sourcebook, he admitted to having no idea what I was on about and that he had 'never heard of these things'.

He rewrote the Exile from being a Jedi Champion who stamped out the Sith Triumvirate and gained mastery over the Light Side, to a plot device with no abilities beyond being just another companion from the original game.

Then they ignored the effects of the Dark Wars and acted as if everything that happened in KotOR II was basically insignificant and not a big deal at all, despite entire worlds disappearing over night, Telos being attacked openly by the Sith and a Jedi running around saving planet after planet and the extremely sudden reappearance of the Jedi on Dantooine,yeh I doubt that's insignificant.

Now the Dark Wars basically never happened in the grand scheme of things, the Jedi Order was always there on Coruscant(despite everyone in the galaxy stating the exact opposite), the Triumvirate never did anything significant enough to garner proper attention, then the peoples of Nar Shaadha, Dantooine, Telos IV and Onderon seemingly had a case of amnesia and forgot all about it.

Oh wait but that's all contradicted in their own game because according to the Jedi Knight and Consular the Exile was a 'Galactic Hero' and a 'legend'.

/Rant over.

If you don't mind I'd like to see his response.

What could Revan possibly do against someone with the full power of the Light Side including abilities like Sever Force at her command? not much.

That's your opinion. No more. Revan has just as many things going for him if not more. If you want to believe that Malgus could beat Revan, that's fine, but it ain't fact sister. I've already made a seperate thread concerning Revan's power. I think Revan would win. That's my opinion. The difference between you and me is that you think your opinion is fact. Both Revan and Malgus have stuff going for them, and you need to reckognize that.

When did she gain full mastery of the Light Side again? and he'd just out-awesome her. :p

When did she gain full mastery of the Light Side again?

Force Enlightenment is the mastery of Light Side abilities, reflected in a very deep understanding of the force, the end result was an "enlightened" Jedi, having unlocked and harnessed fully the light side of the Force.

This is something she canonically achieved when she realised what had actually happened to her and gave her basically a far greater understanding of the Force through it, accepting all emotions and then moving beyond them.

This was what gave her the power to stand up to Nihilus and later vanquish the entire Trayus Academy single-handedly.

(Source: KotOR sourcebook.)

Edited by Rayla_Felana

I actually agree with This question.

I don't even think its possible to master either side of the Force unless your on the caliber of Luke or Sidious or the Son..

Oh no. You brought the Son into this. That dude and his Star Wars Clone Wars episodes where some of the most pathetic stuff I've ever seen in Star Wars. They tried to make that episode into the climax of all Star Wars and it epically failed. Anyone else feel the same way?

That's your opinion. No more. Revan has just as many things going for him if not more. If you want to believe that Malgus could beat Revan, that's fine, but it ain't fact sister. I've already made a seperate thread concerning Revan's power. I think Revan would win. That's my opinion. The difference between you and me is that you think your opinion is fact. Both Revan and Malgus have stuff going for them, and you need to reckognize that.

Opinion has nothing to do with a canonical battle with both in their primes.

Malgus was a dominant force user who faced off against the best champions the Empire had and was only beaten when he was knocked down a reactor shaft.

He achieved oneness with the Dark Side of the Force, he was so powerful that Satele Shan was scared to face him ever again, the same woman who was the much more powerful descendant of Revan and Bastila mind you, she could take out Harrower-class Dreadnoughts, could use tutaminis on whim, had visions and precognition never seen before, a battle meditation that could span an entire sector and much more.

Malgus was completely focused on his goals and did not have any of the arrogance or fool-hardiness of other Sith, you know the really scary thought of what the Sith could be if they didn't riddle themselves with infighting? that's Darth Malgus.

He wasn't just praised by the Empire though, Darth Sidious himself praised Darth Malgus as one of the greatest Sith combatants on record and told Vader that he should model himself after him, not Bane or any of the others like Vader, but Malgus.

Oh no. You brought the Son into this. That dude and his Star Wars Clone Wars episodes where some of the most pathetic stuff I've ever seen in Star Wars. They tried to make that episode into the climax of all Star Wars and it epically failed. Anyone else feel the same way?

I feel the same way, but the events of the Mortis arc have impacted post ROTJ events greatly.

Opinion has nothing to do with a canonical battle with both in their primes.

Malgus was a dominant force user who faced off against the best champions the Empire had and was only beaten when he was knocked down a reactor shaft.

He achieved oneness with the Dark Side of the Force, he was so powerful that Satele Shan was scared to face him ever again, the same woman who was the much more powerful descendant of Revan and Bastila mind you, she could take out Harrower-class Dreadnoughts, could use tutaminis on whim, had visions and precognition never seen before, a battle meditation that could span an entire sector and much more.

Malgus was completely focused on his goals and did not have any of the arrogance or fool-hardiness of other Sith, you know the really scary thought of what the Sith could be if they didn't riddle themselves with infighting? that's Darth Malgus.

He wasn't just praised by the Empire though, Darth Sidious himself praised Darth Malgus as one of the greatest Sith combatants on record and told Vader that he should model himself after him, not Bane or any of the others like Vader, but Malgus.

That's why you're the defender of canon. I never knew any of that (except for the part about Sidious and Vader). And I completely agree with you as I have always done.

You cannot base your debate off of opinions. Only facts. Lesson of the day :D

That's why you're the defender of canon. I never knew any of that (except for the part about Sidious and Vader). And I completely agree with you as I have always done.

You cannot base your debate off of opinions. Only facts. Lesson of the day :D

Nah I ain't even close, the lost ones like the Professor and Niarcmorn are the real Canon buffs, they make me look like a noob, to bad they are gone.

Nah I ain't even close, the lost ones like the Professor and Niarcmorn are the real Canon buffs, they make me look like a noob, to bad they are gone.

Well someone has to take up the role of canon defender. I haven't seen Walsh around much so that has to be you. Unless you don't want to of course. :) But you do it just by posting.

Well someone has to take up the role of canon defender. I haven't seen Walsh around much so that has to be you. Unless you don't want to of course. :) But you do it just by posting.

Everyone does, that knows what they are saying. XD They just gotta know, what they are talking about pretty much the number 1 rule.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Very true, but I believe Rayla to be the most knowledgeable one on these forums. No offense to you of course.

Well no arguing that, I pretty much get my stuff from wookiee and movies, and tid bits from novels that I have seen. Haven't really had the money to get boatloads of books/comics and the like, well that and theres no real book store near where I am. XD

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well no arguing that, I pretty much get my stuff from wookiee and movies, and tid bits from novels that I have seen. Haven't really had the money to get boatloads of books/comics and the like, well that and theres no real book store near where I am. XD

Same here. I just pick books up at the library. I don't buy books unless I have the luxury to do so.

Since were slightly off topic anyway, when is your next In-depth thread about the PT jedi and all?

I usually do it every Monday, but I think I'll push it out tomorrow. I can't right now because it's a bit late where I'm at. And I usually put in a good hour or so into it. Look for it tomorrow.

Rhyltran..

Debate(Whoever vs Whoever)-wise, I think he was the greatest, Professor and Niacromon were kings of the topics like Dark-Side and Light-side and such.

At least from what I saw them on the forums.

• 1 month later...
So you'll discount the story of TOR just to make Revan and Malak better than anyone at that time. Malgus did break free of Vitiate's control. He was always independant. All of the Imperial Flashpoints lead up to The False Emperor. He was planning his rebellion from the beginning of the Second War. After the Treaty of Coruscant, Malgus sought a better Empire. And almost built it, if the player classes didn't stop him. Mind you these character were at the height of their power during their fight with Malgus, but not during their battle with Revan.

Which means Malgus beats Malak and Revan at the same time... with ease.

Heck, Kallig could take them both on and win. He is one of the most powerful players in the Empire.

No I am not discounting the "story" of TOR, I am discounting the statistics. When the Imperial player classes fight with Revan at around level, what 30-35? Revan is by no means at the peak of his powers, need I remind you that The Emperor has been leaching off Revan's power for the last 300 hundred plus years? Beside that fact, there is no way a level 50 in this game, could ever be comparred to a level 20 Revan in KOTOR. Levels are just numbers, they do not determine the power of a character in a continuety. The player classes being at thier peak when fighting Malgus, does not equal the peak of Revan's or Malak's power.

Therefore Malak wins hands down, for being more powerful than Revan before he was converted back to the light, and Revan being more powerful than Malgus could ever be.