Will I be able to buy high end PvE gear in 1.2?

High end PvP gear will be sold to players for little to no effort, so I was wondering if in the name of fairness, I'd be able to do the same with PvE items?

PvE players are getting the benefit of being able to do little to no PvP, yet still acquiring great PvP gear. So why am I being denied access to high end PvE gear while investing little to no time in PvE?

Edited by deltaminus

High end PvP gear will be sold to players for little to no effort, so I was wondering if in the name of fairness, I'd be able to do the same with PvE items?

PvE players are getting the benefit of being able to do little to no PvP, yet still acquiring great PvP gear. So why am I being denied access to high end PvE gear while investing little to no time in PvE?

I swear I don't get why people aren't intelligent enough to understand why they are doing this.

They are allowing people to buy a starter set of PvP gear to help stop fresh 50s from being facerolled by Battlemasters. Without it they would have to bang their heads against the wall fighting the more geared out PvPers while being pretty much worthless like they are right now. Basically you need gear to get gear for PvP unless you want to deal with some very frustrating matches for you and your team.

Now for PvE the equivalent to what the PvPers are going through right now would be dinging 50 and the only thing to do is Nightmare Mode Operations. In PvE you have a set progression path to your gear, you get better gear and then you go to the next tier.

There is absolutely no need to add purchasable tier gear for PvE as you can just follow the progression path and achieve the same result, PvP doesn't have that option so they are getting a purchasable starter set.

Edit: And if you think Champion gear is "High End PvP Gear" then you obviously haven't been PvPing a lot either, it takes maybe a week to get.

Edited by Ganrax

I could be mistaken, but I believe he's referring to the highest level pvp gear, warleader*. That is said to be available at 50 with no valor requirement and be better for pvp than battlemaster. It's also supposed to be heavy expertise to avoid being available for high end pve.

Nobody knows how much pvp you need to do for the war hero gear, so it's a bit premature to be whining about it. I highly doubt it will be a quick and easy way to get the best gear.

If you are referring to the blue set they'll be selling for creds, well, as a pve player you can get equal pve gear by running dailies/using the GTN, and modding orange gear. Not to mention that you get columi gear, which is champ-level gear, by running hardmodes, which are really not hard at all, and most (all?) of them can very easily be done as a fresh 50.

There is no great injustice here. Gearing for end-game pve is faster than for end-game pvp (in a manner of speaking..) at the moment, but the gap is being shortened in the next patch.

Edited by Boissi

You already can, except for arguably rakata.

You can buy rakata NOW.

Get either armortech or synthweaving, buy the mats and level it up then pay people to run u through 2 HMs to get a BCA for ur belt/bracer.

Then pay someone else 1mil each to buy a rakata ear/implant from their daily commendations.

Then buy rakata level armoring/mods and slot them into your orange gear.

Pretty much the only thing u lose out on are the set bonuses. And for some classes they suck so bad they aren't even worth it.

You can buy rakata NOW.

Get either armortech or synthweaving, buy the mats and level it up then pay people to run u through 2 HMs to get a BCA for ur belt/bracer.

Then pay someone else 1mil each to buy a rakata ear/implant from their daily commendations.

Then buy rakata level armoring/mods and slot them into your orange gear.

Pretty much the only thing u lose out on are the set bonuses. And for some classes they suck so bad they aren't even worth it.

buying Rakata level ARMORING? ok sure..