Emote Suggestion Thread

All the RP'ers in my Guild want one emote above all others: arms crossed and leaning against whatever wall is handy. Yes, positioning a character would take a bit of skill, but we've learned to perch our characters on barstools without their derrieres floating in space (most of the time, anyway), so we could learn this. Arms crossed with your character's weight more on one leg than the other (the way most people stand, it seems) would be useful when no wall is handy and easier to execute.

Pretty please?

• 3 months later...

1. Hands folded in the back (without time-limit)
  2. Arms crossed in front of chest (without time-limit)
  3. Lean against wall/door (without time-limit)
  4. Fix the /flourish (LS still active once the emote ends)
  5. New "show-off" emotes similar to /flourish
  6. Taunt - check Jedi Knight 2
  7. Walk up and down with hands folded in the back (like the Kel'Dor Jedi Decoration; without time-limit)
  8. Walk up and down like Health regeneration skill from the Inquisitor but without the red glow and without time-limit
  9. Meditate on knees
  10. Different Lightsaber-Stances e.g. Obi-Wans LS over Head Pose or Dookus Makashi Greeting

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Hey everyone,

Some of y'all have already created threads around this subject, but I just wanted to make a central thread on emotes.

What emotes would you like to see added to the game in the future?

Thanks!

OK, I already had a thread about this one, but as you just said you wanted to make a central thread on emotes - so....

/Sit side and /chair ankles crossed or legs crossed

(I am borrowing from one of the posters in my quest for sitting thread and changing the wording.

IoNonSoEVero said: "I'd rather just have it as "crossed legs" "side sit" or something like that without specifying gender."

Heck make it /sit 9 and for a chair just make it /chair 11 (I think we're on chair 10 now right?)

So us girls that don't want to sit like a man can sit. Legs crossed or on the side. Even in chairs we do that or cross them at least at the ankles while in a chair...

Can we please have that?

We are not fond of sitting on the ground, leaning back with one leg bent up and the other tucked under the first with everything "exposed" as it where LOL and You've seen women sit on the ground with their legs to the side or straight out in front of them and crossed at the ankles.

Also: Originally Posted by Xina_LA said: "While I wouldn't mind a more lady-like sit, I really just want the existing /chair emote to position me farther back. I hate perching on the front edge of decorations."

Yes please! lets sit IN the chair not on the edge!

and while I'm at it for begging for emotes...

/lean

I see in the Cartel market you have NPC toons Leaning against bars, speeders ect.... You have an emote that lets you lean against a light post while you flip a coin for a few seconds. Even some of the little movies you have our character lean against the door jam / wall / table ... So my question is - can we have a simple lean emote? Let us lean against a bar / table /door or even a speeder?

PS. think of the beach towels and the Rishi beach and laying down to have a tan.... please? maybe laying on the tummy and propped up on the forearms? aka /sunbathe

I could go on, but I don't wanna be TOO greedy :p

Edited by Mirrah
Misspelled wording

Let's see:

More /sleep emotes would be nice. Maybe a /recline option that's separate from /doze that's separate from /liedown or /cuddle or /nap.

/playdead would be fun! Something for a character to lie down and stay still that's not sleeping

/crossarms ALL THE YES

/lean or something like it, something where the character can pose nonchalantly against something like they do in cutscenes

Some pet emotes would be fun! maybe a /pettreat or /petsit or /petjump or /petsleep or /petpat

Two character emotes would be fun too, if there's a way to invite/accept/decline them. Then your character and another character can do the same dance, or do /hug or /handshake in sync. Maybe even like companion dance!

Military stances that stay and loop would be nice. /atattention and the like

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  1. Hands folded in the back (without time-limit)
  2. Arms crossed in front of chest (without time-limit)
  3. Lean against wall/door (without time-limit)
  4. Fix the /flourish (LS still active once the emote ends)
  5. New "show-off" emotes similar to /flourish
  6. Taunt - check Jedi Knight 2
  7. Walk up and down with hands folded in the back (like the Kel'Dor Jedi Decoration; without time-limit)
  8. Walk up and down like Health regeneration skill from the Inquisitor but without the red glow and without time-limit
  9. Meditate on knees
  10. Different Lightsaber-Stances e.g. Obi-Wans LS over Head Pose or Dookus Makashi Greeting

Like literally this. People have been asking for some of these since 2014, we lack these and a lot of others in game and it's frustrating to see how much our requests get ignored...

• 1 month later...

10 more suggestions

An easy one is a pole dance since there are holos already and live entertainer on Hutta,

2 arms up for a score,

cover ears,

roll on the ground.

sit and eat,

pour drink,

loot another easy one-

card throw,

dark cloud rains on you,

muddy tracks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
: Originally Posted by Darth-Funeral View Post

Hands folded in the back (without time-limit)

Arms crossed in front of chest (without time-limit)

Lean against wall/door (without time-limit)

Fix the /flourish (LS still active once the emote ends)

New "show-off" emotes similar to /flourish

Taunt - check Jedi Knight 2

Walk up and down with hands folded in the back (like the Kel'Dor Jedi Decoration; without time-limit)

Walk up and down like Health regeneration skill from the Inquisitor but without the red glow and without time-limit

Meditate on knees

Different Lightsaber-Stances e.g. Obi-Wans LS over Head Pose or Dookus Makashi Greeting

I'll support this.

We also need different lightsaber-out standing positions and different meditation-positions. (Counselor and Sith Warrior need to hold the lightsaber like the Jedi Knight for example, and let us use the meditation-style our Counselors use for Jedi Knights)

Fold arms with no time limit.

Arms behind back (no time limit).

The saber form opening stances. They were removed when the form abilities were removed, so it'd be nice to see them back for RP, e.g. Soresu, Makashi, Djem So/Shien, Juyo, etc.

Basically the ones suggested above (didn't realise).

Edited by SinkingPenguin

• 1 month later...

I want a /Drunk emote.

You already have the animation for it. During one of the cutscenes in the Manaan Flashpoint, all group members are experiencing the underground facility blowing up and becoming unstable. It shows them having a difficult time trying to stay standing up. Use that as the animation for the emote.

• 3 weeks later...

"Stop, drop, and roll." Maybe have the character be on fire after messing with fireworks, or a lighter, or something of that sort?

"Pelvic Thrust" Need I say more?

"Squat Dance" Its on Wikipedia and lots of youtube videos of it.

"Banana Peel" the character is eating a fruit of some sort and drops it on the ground... gets distracted... and comically slips on it.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...