Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild Perks Discussion

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

UlaVii
04.29.2019 , 03:53 AM | #71
I added another "Broken" note to the Vitality perk set bonus:

BROKEN: The Izax Story Mode fight has a special 30s combat res cooldown. The part of this set bonus that reduces the cooldown by 1 minute pushes the res to -30s which means it is not reusable during the fight.

Thanks to michaelcshow for explaining the bug

fabsus
05.03.2019 , 01:44 AM | #72
as i wrote, i wanted to do some more testing.
it is a bit hard for us, because we mainly are running master mode operations,
and there it doesn't work.

i tried to despell some debuffs, for example as a tank. but these can't be cleansed with it.
as i said, in queen vm, you could get rid of all dots in there.
after the update, we did it again, and it was changed. so now it works as intended.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion.
http://www.swtor.com/r/cyZhrF <--This is my Ref-Link. Feel free to ignore or benefit from it.

UlaVii
06.03.2019 , 02:05 PM | #73
Patch 5.10.3 notes states: "The Guild Recharge Drone can no longer be used in Warzones"

If anyone can test this out when the drones are available again it would be much appreciated.

UlaVii
07.02.2019 , 10:02 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by UlaVii View Post
Vitality Set Bonus - Tooltip Image - Green - Increases healing received by 5% and reduces all resurrection cooldowns by 1 minute and Group Resuscitation guild perk by 50%. Small chance when taking damage below 20% to trigger defense bubble which absorbs a large amount of damage. Does not apply to PvP or MM ops.
  • BROKEN: The Izax Story Mode fight has a special 30s combat res cooldown. The part of this set bonus that reduces the cooldown by 1 minute pushes the res to -30s which means it is not reusable during the fight.
In patch 5.10.3 they said this was fixed, can anyone confirm that please?

https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/060...oine-incursion
Quote:
Having the Guild Perk “Vitality Set Bonus” will no longer cause the Communication Breakdown debuff to last indefinitely during the Master Mode Izax Encounter. This was blocking combat resurrections during the encounter.

UlaVii
07.10.2019 , 06:37 AM | #75
Finally had some time to run a larger analysis on the Professional Training active perk. We re-tested it with crafting and also with gathering missions. Since there is quite a lot of data I will split the two types of tests into two posts. This one studies the effects of Professional Training on crafting.

Professional Training
Tooltip: Increases Critical rate for all Crew Skills by 5% for 1 hour. Cooldown 6 hours.

Crafting Test Setup
  • 8 Companions With Level 50 Influence & Legacy Of Crafting III Character Perk
  • The test is simply to craft 5 items with 8 companions and count the number of items all 8 produce
  • Ran the test 31 times with Professional Training activated and another 31 times with it not activated

Initial Results
Without Pro Training
Spoiler
Total with no crits: 1240
Total with crits: 1761

With Pro Training
Spoiler
Total with crits: 1770

Normalised Results
Without Pro Training
Spoiler
Total with crits: 1749

With Pro Training
Spoiler
Total with crits: 1787

Results Based On Normalised Data
Base value with zero crits
0% - 1240 Crafted Items

Actual values without Professional Training
41.05% - 1749 Crafted Items

Actual values with Professional Training activated
44.11% - 1787 Crafted Items (Pro Training added 3.06%)

What we should see if Professional Training added 5% as the tooltip says
46.05% - 1811 Crafted Items

Crafting Results Summary
Professional Training does appear to affect crafting crits although only by around 3% instead of the advertised 5%. That is still quite good considering the top level passive crafting perk "Critical Crafting III" only adds 3%. Keep in mind the difference between the two perks is that the passive one affects crafting 24/7 were as Professional Training only lasts for 1 hour. In the first post of this thread I am going to mark this perk as broken since it is not giving the full 5% it advertises.

The optimal way to make use of Pro Training is to queue up your crafted items on a dedicated crafting character. Then activate the perk and log out. The perk timer pauses when you log out so when you log back to that character it resumes from where it was. This means if you are fast queuing up your crafts then you can extend Pro Training for many hours, possibly days.

UlaVii
07.10.2019 , 07:00 AM | #76
Finally had some time to run a larger analysis on the Professional Training active perk. We re-tested it with crafting and also with gathering missions. Since there is quite a lot of data I will split the two types of tests into two posts. This one studies the effects of Professional Training on gathering crew skill missions.

Professional Training
Tooltip: Increases Critical rate for all Crew Skills by 5% for 1 hour. Cooldown 6 hours.

Crafting Test Setup
  • 8 Companions With Level 50 Influence & Legacy Of Crafting III Character Perk
  • The test is simply to run 1000 level 1 and 2 gathering missions and count the number of items produced

Gathered Items
Without Pro Training - 1000 Missions
Total: 4,552

With Pro Training - 1000 Missions
Total: 4,718

Results
  • (4718 - 4552) / 4552 x 100 = 3.64% increase in gathered items with Professional Training activated
  • Running 1000 missions with the perk enabled gathered an extra 166 items

Crafting Results Summary
Professional Training does appear to affect gathering missions although only by around 3.6% instead of the advertised 5%. That is still quite good considering the top level passive gathering perk "Critical Gathering III" only adds 3%. Keep in mind the difference between the two perks is that the passive one affects gathering missions 24/7 were as Professional Training only lasts for 1 hour. In the first post of this thread I am going to mark this perk as broken since it is not giving the full 5% it advertises.

TheRandomno
07.13.2019 , 07:00 PM | #77
I tried to simulate the crafting test in a program. I used 25% crit rate without perk, and 30% with. Based on a few tests I think your sample size is still too small.

After a few attempts at 1240 items, I got a no perk count of 1578 and a perk count of 1583, which is a 0.4% increase. Obviously a massive outlier, but it shows this size may not be reliable. My attempts varied quite a lot, going up to 7% increase at times. With 100000 items, it did give almost exactly a 5% increase.

I find it odd that your test gave about a 40% crit rate without the perk though. Maybe the crew skill tooltip is still wrong?

UlaVii
07.14.2019 , 04:40 PM | #78
I'm happy to go with your 5% results if you tested it with 10k (computed). We found it a hassle to have to keep taking breaks between perk cooldowns I'll remove the BROKEN tag as I don't want to put people off from using it. What we're both sure about is that using the Professional Training perk is a benefit to crafting and let's face it, it's not like there is anything better to pick most weeks for that forward perk slot