Latest Cartel Market Additions - December 12th

DanielSteed

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone!

With today's update a few new items have been added to the Cartel Market. A full breakdown of them can be found here!

I have been waiting nearly five years for the Model BT-7 Thunderclap and Model Fury Interceptor to be added to the game. You have made me a very, very happy player, and my Troopers, Warrior's and Inquisitors are happy as well!

Now, if we can get some more Ship Droid customizations in the game.... :p

Hello everyone!

With today's update a few new items have been added to the Cartel Market. A full breakdown of them can be found here!

The festival Dress design is awesome. I logged in especially to buy it.... BUT WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LOCK THE GOLD COLOUR TO THE OUTFIT. Now I don’t know wether it’s worth it because everyone will look the same.

In future, please allow us to modify ALL parts of the outfits with a different colour, I don’t particularly want a gold skirt or gold plated breasts. The skirt being locked to gold means 50% of the outfit is unusable for me.

Edit: decided to buy it. And now completely regret it.

WARNING TO OTHER PLAYERS BEFORE YOU BUY THIS

EVEN THE GOLD ISNT GOLD, ITS SHINY GREENISH POO BROWN COLOUR (like baby poo).

IT’S NOT EVEN THE COLOUR OF THE OTHER GOLD ARMOR ITEMS IN THE GAME.

THE GOLD COLOUR LOOKS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TO THE PREVIEW SCREEN OR THE PICTURE ON THE WEBSITE.

ITS A TOTALL MISREPRESENTATION OF WHAT YOU ARE BUYING.

This means you can’t even mix and match with other gold items because they are different golds. And you can’t add a yellow or orange dye to the gold part to try and get them all the same colour.

All of this has totally ruined the whole outfit for me.

Therefore, because I was sold something under false pretences. I would like a refund of my cartel coins please and you can have back this outfit that showed so much promise, but has been a complete and utter failure in its execution.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Something interesting I noticed with the new items:

The "Pure Sabacc Rifle" and "Idiot's Array Sniper Rilfe" were added today. I really love the look, and bought both. Was hoping there would be a pistol variant for my Smugger, but nothing showing up on the Cartel Market. But when I open up collections, under Blaster Pistols, there it is! The "Gambler's Luck Pistol." Only... I can't buy it. I can preview it to my heart's content, but it's not available on the Cartel Market, even though it's information tag clearly states "This item is exclusive to the Cartel Market."

So... it this an oversight? A bug? A cruel tease to the fans of a certain movie about Replicants and the nature of humanity? I'd really like to own it!

under Blaster Pistols, there it is! The "Gambler's Luck Pistol." Only... I can't buy it. I can preview it to my heart's content, but it's not available on the Cartel Market, even though it's information tag clearly states "This item is exclusive to the Cartel Market."

So... it this an oversight? A bug? A cruel tease to the fans of a certain movie about Replicants and the nature of humanity? I'd really like to own it!

Looks similar to the Resourceful Renegade armor set that was visible in collection, you could preview it all you wanted, but it ended up being a stupid PvP-exclusive reward... :mad:

The festival Dress design is awesome. I logged in especially to buy it.... BUT WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LOCK THE GOLD COLOUR TO THE OUTFIT. Now I don’t know wether it’s worth it because everyone will look the same.

In future, please allow us to modify ALL parts of the outfits with a different colour, I don’t particularly want a gold skirt or gold plated breasts. The skirt being locked to gold means 50% of the outfit is unusable for me.

THE GOLD COLOUR LOOKS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TO THE PREVIEW SCREEN OR THE PICTURE ON THE WEBSITE.

This means you can’t even mix and match with other gold items because they are different golds. And you can’t add a yellow or orange dye to the gold part to try and get them all the same colour.

Therefore, because I was sold something under false pretences. I would like a refund of my cartel coins please and you can have back this outfit that showed so much promise, but has been a complete and utter failure in its execution.

Thanks for the heads up! I liked the style of the top. They really need to revamp the dye system. Totally stupid to have only primary and secondary dyes when outfits can have significant tertiary colors. Many, many outfits are hard to work with because of the tertiary colors :(

As an aside, what is up with that hat? The back of it is beyond bizarre!

Thanks for the heads up! I liked the style of the top. They really need to revamp the dye system. Totally stupid to have only primary and secondary dyes when outfits can have significant tertiary colors. Many, many outfits are hard to work with because of the tertiary colors :(

As an aside, what is up with that hat? The back of it is beyond bizarre!

The best part is that it's identical in both male and female versions. So now, using the male character creation and that outfit, you can show up to any party as a truly ... um... unique guest.

That's weird that they color locked such a significant part of the outfit.

As for the greenish tint, is it due to lightning or does it look greenish in all areas?

Do you have a screenshot perchance to compare with?

I ask because the outfit looks cool to me, and I don't mind the gold being locked, but if it's not really gold on my screen, then it's a big, fat no for me.

Thanks for the heads up, Trixxie. I was going to specifically login to get that outfit. I'm sorry you had to take one for the team in order to spare the rest of us. Thanks again. <3

PS. I think you should write a ticket for a refund because it's not as presented...you might get some of your credits back...

Something interesting I noticed with the new items:

The "Pure Sabacc Rifle" and "Idiot's Array Sniper Rilfe" were added today. I really love the look, and bought both. Was hoping there would be a pistol variant for my Smugger, but nothing showing up on the Cartel Market. But when I open up collections, under Blaster Pistols, there it is! The "Gambler's Luck Pistol." Only... I can't buy it. I can preview it to my heart's content, but it's not available on the Cartel Market, even though it's information tag clearly states "This item is exclusive to the Cartel Market."

It's neither an oversight nor a bug. With the addition of the "recently added" collections tab several years ago, you will always get to see the newest items whether they have been made direct purchase yet or not. With every new CM set addition you will have items that are instantly purchasable on the CM and some that will be added weeks later in order to make the ultimate cartel packs more attractive in between.

So, the Gambler's Luck Pistol and the new Smuggler armor set will be added to the CM later, most probably when Life Day officially hits the servers next week or the week after that.

Edited by Phazonfreak

ISo, the Gambler's Luck Pistol and the new Smuggler armor set will be added to the CM later, most probably when Life Day officially hits the servers next week or the week after that.

I was hoping it was something like this. I'll be very glad when both the pistol and the armor set drop for purchase. Really liking the look of both of them!

Yep, this set is total disappointment. Thank you for warning, now i will not spend my coins on this low effort bait.

Tbh too many new stuff on CM are very low effort, really designed in like 15 minutes by someone who don't care atall how the final result will look in game.

That's weird that they color locked such a significant part of the outfit.

As for the greenish tint, is it due to lightning or does it look greenish in all areas?

Do you have a screenshot perchance to compare with?

I ask because the outfit looks cool to me, and I don't mind the gold being locked, but if it's not really gold on my screen, then it's a big, fat no for me.

I’m sorry I’ve now gone away for the weekend and won’t be back for a few days. I’ve only got my iPad to use at the moment

I too have already bought this set. But I have no complaints**.

When I bought the Resort Swimwear set I was only really interested in the shorts, although I have since used the top for some outfits (always mix&match). When I bought this set, I was mostly interested in the top, although I also like the belt and wrists. So, I'm happy just to get the top. (The Holiday top goes well with the Resort shorts.)

Which is to say, I like the parts I like, and that's enough for me. I don't expect any armor set to be something I'd like all parts of, and I never really wear a complete set. The gold parts of this set are OK with me - sets with fixed colors on parts is normal.

This is supposed to be a "holiday " set, after all, and red and gold is a very Christmas/Holiday combo.

Anyone should be aware by now that armor can look much different in use versus the preview, because of changes in lighting, etc.

** Although overall, I do like this set, I do find it annoying the way the armor designers seem to purposefully boink some pieces of some sets. For example, the two unnecessary stripes that go down the front of the Resort Swimwear trunks. Or, the shoulder guards on only one shoulder of some outfits. Or, the fixed color areas on others.

Edited by JediQuaker

I figured the gold wasn't going to be dye-able but you are correct, the gold is not the gold in their preview image. I went out to Alderaan (which is where the website pic seems to be taken from) and took a screenshot. It looks horrible in-game...

https://imgur.com/FuSn9i6

I figured the gold wasn't going to be dye-able but you are correct, the gold is not the gold in their preview image. I went out to Alderaan (which is where the website pic seems to be taken from) and took a screenshot. It looks horrible in-game...

Thanks for that info. Personally, it looks more like a bronze than a gold.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, mind you. What I don't like is that I was checking and it only has a single color slot. It's all red, or all green or purple or whatever you choose. At least the material showing on the side of the dress should've been the secondary color, not primary too (IMO).

I like the dress but agree that the gold parts should be dyable.

Do you like the actual gold colour? It’s so different to the other gold shades in the game. I find it repulsive (as you can probably gather from my description of it)

One thing I forgot to add is when you match the top with white pants, they go the colour of that dirty yellow crafted dye that looks a bit like spew. Which would explain a lot if they are using that yellow as a basis for the gold in the outfit.

As far as I know, nobody in their right mind uses that dye because it really is a disgusting yellow (not sure what they were thinking when they created that dye). I tried crafting some once to see if I could sell them, no one would buy them (cant blame them). Not sure what I did with them.

I can only imagine that sales aren’t going to be as good as they could have been on this outfit if they’d used a better yellow base for the gold or if they’d just left it unlocked so we could apply any colour.

I know there will be some “strange” people (LoL) who will like it, but many won’t. The easiest solution is to remove the “locked” dye colour for those parts of the outfit and let us use the yellow we want to give it a real gold affect.

I wonder how hard it would be to unlock it?

That’s the thing that really pissed me off. I checked the gold in the preview and their own picture before I purchased it,

At first glance I wasn’t going to buy it because I didn’t like that the colour was locked.

But after some thought on how I could use those gold parts with out outfits, I decided to buy it. Only to discover the gold didn’t look anything like the preview or the picture.

I was already on the fence as to wether I’d buy it. So when I discovered the gold wasn’t what it should be and I wouldn’t get it to match the other “gold” on other outfits, I was so annoyed.

That’s why I came straight to the forum to warn other players so they wouldn’t fall for the same deception.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Eugh. I was thinking of getting this but now I think I'll pass. At least your sacrifice is saving some of the other forum-goers/readers.

The festival dress is okay to me, the dull gold feels realistic, I can see people in this thread have already complained about not being able to dye the gold parts so I'll skip adding my rant to the pile, I'll just say I agree.

What I would like to see, however, is a version of this dress where the gold parts are SILVER. It would make it a lot easier to match with stuff.