Just wondering; Where is the best place to read about an understand the game?

Wytoslw

I have never played an MMO besides Diablo 2. I played that for a very long time, but haven't in years, or any other PC game. I decided to get TOR a shot since I am going to have some free time in the next few months.

Anyways I wasn' part of the beta, and as I said I am totally clueless to all the classes, skill trees, etc. Can anyone point me in the direction of some reading material? Thank you,

I have never played an MMO besides Diablo 2. I played that for a very long time, but haven't in years, or any other PC game. I decided to get TOR a shot since I am going to have some free time in the next few months.

Anyways I wasn' part of the beta, and as I said I am totally clueless to all the classes, skill trees, etc. Can anyone point me in the direction of some reading material? Thank you,

Welcome to MMO's, Wyto. Once you go MMO, you never go back...

To be honest: Diablo 2 isn't an MMO. While it is an RPG and can be played online, once you log in to TOR for the first time (or any MMO, in general) you'll notice subtle and drastic differences between the two.

In otherwords, you're in a for a treat. If you're looking for some general references The Holonet, under Game Info, on this site is a great information tool. Also, some 3rd party websites that are credible and informative are:

Torhead

Darth Hater

Enjoy and feel free to ask. Most people on here will help answer your general/detailed questions. Don't hesitate to search around for the answer before hand, though. Also, read as many threads as you can when bored...often there's some great information within them.

Good luck!

Edited by IIII-IIII-IIII