Legacy Based Cosmetic Appearance Tabs

EnkiduNineEight

I did not notice anyone mentioning possibly using a set up like DC Universe Online. Every piece of armor you collect has a type description and as you put them on, even for a second to get the design, it goes into your collection. You can then at anytime change your look without changing your armor. There are no limits such as only 5 tabs the only limit is to how hard do you want to work on collecting outfits. There is a drop down section for every armor slot and you just go through and select what you want to wear.

I do support this here and hope they do look into this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My original post: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=792808

I have played a few mmo's in the past and one in particular (without mentioning any names) had an appearance tab in the player/companion character window.

This could be added so that we can equip all our high level mods in legacy gear which would be in the main character window whilst we equip the cool looking armor & clothing in the appearance tab, this helps two ways by keeping your stats to the max no matter what you change in to whilst giving you the option of being able to wear different outfits for different occasions.

Sorry didn't realise this topic was under discussion already, above is what I suggested which is what the op is talking about. I totally agree with the appearance tab to change costumes whilst keeping your mods and stats the same.

I would buy cartel gear for several of my chars if there was an appearance tab. As it is now they are just in ugly illum gear.

You hear that BW? I would buy more cartel coins!!! Btw, I used to spend over 100 dollars a month on CC before I boycotted them due to lack of x server and wardrobe. Add either of these (or preferably both) and I would resume.

Star Wars is a game that really needs wardrobe since there are a lot of nerds like me who have specific visions in our head of what each class should look like. Stop forcing me to save more money! I don't like doing that :)

We'll have to see what sort of system they have in the works. My concern is that their systemis gong to be another cash grab. I have added someelements of cartelcoins cash grab to my proposal, because I know that makes it more attractive to BioWare but they were one time expenditures to unlock additional tabs, and if the costume designer is anything like the appearance station its a cost per change and I will not be using it.

/ agree

This is a must, During x12 exp I had 4-6 outfits all cartel/ random things i threw together as I went through the sniper class quest, It was a pain to swap between them all ( totally worth it though from a role playing point of view).

I spent around 1m credits swapping sets for the right look during cut scenes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well their system has up to 16 tabs. Far more than what I had suggested.

Appears there are a few kinks to work out.

1 - We don't know what the costs are going to be. Placeholders right now.

2 - For equipment that is not labeled 'adaptive' classes still have restrictions on what they can use in the designer slots.

• 2 months later...