Kaggath Tournament - Place Your Bets!

Beniboybling

"No game of dejarik can be won without pawns..."

With the Kaggath Tournament fast approaching, its due time that we introduce some real competition to the series. But first, let’s declare the winner of the final round in the Kaggath Series: Darth Sidious vs Sith Emperor. The debate was heated and the arguments exhausted, much like the conflict itself. But ultimately... the Sith Emperor and his Sith Empire triumphed through the will of the Force.

The results?

Sith Empire: 50

Galactic Empire: 46

I can’t say I was surprised by the outcome, after all in the wise words of Darth Vader: “Don’t be so proud of this technological terror you’ve created. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.” Any complaints will be considered, and then responded to with a force choke followed by “I find your lack of faith disturbing.” But the Kaggath Series is over, perhaps it shall return in a Bonus Series, but for now it is the tournament we must consider.

So, who are you rooting for? Who will win? Who will be crowned Kaggath Champion, and who will come second, third and fourth? I’m asking you to predict who will claim 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place – the winner will receive one hundred internet commendations and a lifetime supply of virtual cookies!

Note: the losers of the ‘Kaggath Series’ cannot claim 3rd place, only 1st, 2nd and 4th – don’t ask why.

*You may be wondering while G0-T0 is in the ‘losers’ bracket – but the fact is his victory was unexpected and a feel he is a better match for Tyber Zann than Traya. It also allows for certain individuals to make a cameo. G0-T0 still however, has 'winners' privileges,

Tournament Set-Up

The winners of Round 1 will progress to the Semi-Finals: two sets of Triple-Duels. And the winners of the Semi-Finals will progress to the Final Round: a 1v1 extravaganza.

1. ?

2. ?

3. ?

4. ?

Place your bets!

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pick Revan to beat Kaan. Here's why:

- Kaan will experience infighting

- Revan's army is bigger AND is supported by the Republic, whereas the Army of Light was, appearently, not.

I pick G0-T0 to beat Zann just 'cause I feel like it

I pick Exar Kun to beat Naga Sadow.

- Kun's army is just SO lethal

I pick Greivous to beat MtU. (this one's gonna be close!)

- I imagine MtU's troops are of similar quality as the Clones EXCEPT there aren't as many Mandos as there are clones AND the Mandos don't have Jedi fighting with them BUT MtU has Basilisk War Droids.

I pick Darth Traya to beat Plagueis

- There similar... except... ya know... Traya has an army!

I pick Prince Xizor to beat Darth Malgus (although I'll root for Malgus)

- This isn't gonna be the kind of war Malgus is good at.. at all.

The results?

Sith Empire: 50

Galactic Empire: 46

And afterwards the Rebellion will free the galaxy from Sith oppression anyways :p

Place your bets!

Let's say I got 1000 Credits.

General Grievous vs Mandalore the Ultimate

difficult to say, I bet 50Cr on Grievous

Tyber Zann vs G0-T0*

I'll place 100Cr on G0-T0

Revan* vs Skere Kaan

I bet 300Cr on Revan

Darth Malgus vs Prince Xizor

I bet 300Cr on Malgus

Darth Traya vs Darth Plagueis

Not that easy to say, still, I'll bet 100Cr on Plagueis

Exar Kun vs Naga Sadow

really difficult to say, I bet 50Cr on Exar Kun (only because I like him more)

Edited by Maaruin

OK, the Tournament Set-Up is up there is case you need it. But the best way to predict would be to rank all the players on how good their power base is.

Strongest powerbase I would give to Exar Kun, Naga Sadow, Darth Malgus and Revan.

The outcome of the tournament will be:

1. Exar Kun

2. Revan

3. Darth Plagueis

4. G0-T0

Let's see...

Grievous beats Mandalore

Tyber Zahn comes out the victor in a close battle

Kaan trounces Revan

Malgus overcomes Xizor through his stealthed vessels

Not sure on Traya and Plagueis

Leaning towards Naga Sadow, but Kun could pull it out.

Edited by Aurbere

Let's see...

Grievous beats Mandalore

Tyber Zahn comes out the victor in a close battle

Kaan trounces Revan

Malgus overcomes Xizor through his stealthed vessels

Not sure on Traya and Plagueis

Leaning towards Naga Sadow, but Kun could pull it out.

Interesting, I can't say I'm so sure on the outcome anymore...

But would would claim 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th (remember Kaggath Series losers cannot claim 3rd place)

Interesting, I can't say I'm so sure on the outcome anymore...

But would would claim 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th (remember Kaggath Series losers cannot claim 3rd place)

You pose an interesting question. My preliminary assessment would have to be as such:

1. Naga Sadow or Malgus(depending if Malgus wins his fight)

2. Exar Kun

3. Prince Xizor or General Grievous

4. Darth Traya or Plaguies (depending on who wins that fight. Leaning towards Traya, but Plaguies could do it)

Just a preliminary assessment. I will adjust once the tournament gets underway.

Edit: Wait. Grievous can't be number 3. :(

Edited by Aurbere

Could you explain why previous losers can't take second, third, or fourth place? That doesn't seem to make much since...
Losers can take second and fourth, not third. This is due to the Tri-duel set up. As its results it two 2nd places. Winners take precedence over losers so the runner up of the winners bracket will always claim 3rd place, and the loser 4th. (But if they win the tri-duel they have a chance of achieving second or first).

I pick Revan to beat Kaan. Here's why:

- Kaan will experience infighting

- Revan's army is bigger AND is supported by the Republic, whereas the Army of Light was, appearently, not.

I pick G0-T0 to beat Zann just 'cause I feel like it

I pick Exar Kun to beat Naga Sadow.

- Kun's army is just SO lethal

I pick Greivous to beat MtU. (this one's gonna be close!)

- I imagine MtU's troops are of similar quality as the Clones EXCEPT there aren't as many Mandos as there are clones AND the Mandos don't have Jedi fighting with them BUT MtU has Basilisk War Droids.

I pick Darth Traya to beat Plagueis

- There similar... except... ya know... Traya has an army!

I pick Prince Xizor to beat Darth Malgus (although I'll root for Malgus)

- This isn't gonna be the kind of war Malgus is good at.. at all.

Tri-battles? hmmmm

The way I've picked it it'll be

Greivous vs G0-T0 vs Revan in the first one

Darth Traya vs Prince Xizor vs Exar Kun in the second one

I feel that Tri-battles would be a semi-unfair way to do this due to the fact that Tri-battles can be VERY unpredictable and random.

1st Tri-Battle:

I think any of them are capable of winning this. This is a toss-up. Regardless, I'm gonna argue for Revan.

2nd Tri-battle:

Holy Crap!! I wanted to say Kun would win this, but due to the Tri-battle format I could see Traya getting a win here. Interesting...

Nah... Kun's got this. His armies are just not gonna be damaged much from Traya's tactics. Kun wins.

CHAMPIONSHIP: Exar Kun vs either Greivous, Revan, or G0-T0

Regardless, Kun wins.

Losers can take second and fourth, not third. This is due to the Tri-duel set up. As its results it two 2nd places. Winners take precedence over losers so the runner up of the winners bracket will always claim 3rd place, and the loser 4th. (But if they win the tri-duel they have a chance of achieving second or first).

OH!!

That makes a LOT more since :D