Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Min/Max Question

UncleOst
01.24.2013 , 01:02 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatfx View Post
but the survival difference between 1396 and 1214 expertise I've noticed is massive.
Bah.
Bad class to make these observations with. As a pyro pt you Are a glass cannon, and lose health points fast either way. There is no solace derived from higher expertise values when playing a dps class, in terms of mitigation. It's almost laughable really. No offence intended.

TirjacShiki
01.24.2013 , 03:59 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatfx View Post
What he said, I run the same exact setup. I'm at 644 ranged bonus damage, 1000 tech bonus damage, 76.83% surge, 28% ranged crit, 30.5% tech crit, 19,300 HP, and 1396 expertise. If I run a 1214 expertise build like the OP I have about 685 ranged bonus damage and like 1040 Tech bonus damage, but the survival difference between 1396 and 1214 expertise I've noticed is massive.
Mega those are really low stats if youre running 7/3/31 even with that extra expertise. You should take a look at your gear.

Also the difference in damage reduction from 1396 and 1214 expertise is less than 2%, so any 'massive' difference you are feeling is in your head, its not a big difference at all. Im assuming with that extra expertise, you are using expertise color crystals, you should switch those out for power crystals and youll be much better off. Trading expertise 1 for 1 for any stat, especially power is much more beneficial to you. The difference in damage reduction from 1396 and 1314 expertise is less than 1%.

Makktenn
01.25.2013 , 07:23 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Sippix View Post
No problem. I have a video guide for the 4/6/31 spec on my Youtube channel. It's the featured video, so just click the link in my signature, it puts it right up in your face.

This isn't shameless advertising, per se, but there's just so much info on this spec that I wouldn't be able to relate in a thread without typing a novel. lol
I tried 4/6/31 and 7/3/31 specs with full aim augments and loved both to be honest. I could hardly tell a difference either way. I crit a bit higher on RS with 7/3/31 but if i can get a match with more people grouping for aoe i do better on the other.

Seen a lot of guys not speccing for TD though and grabbing steely and having full 6 in AP. But Im definitely getting more kills with TD now, better burst. For rated's thats awesome
"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

cashogy_reborn
01.30.2013 , 02:18 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Makktenn View Post
I tried 4/6/31 and 7/3/31 specs with full aim augments and loved both to be honest. I could hardly tell a difference either way. I crit a bit higher on RS with 7/3/31 but if i can get a match with more people grouping for aoe i do better on the other.

Seen a lot of guys not speccing for TD though and grabbing steely and having full 6 in AP. But Im definitely getting more kills with TD now, better burst. For rated's thats awesome
dont understand why anyone would *not* take TD
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads